Rewakening 0.3 Alpha & 0.4 PRE Release W/ D2SE&PlugY Support

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Rewakening 0.3 Alpha & 0.4 PRE Release W/ D2SE&PlugY Support

Post by tmuhlhausen » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:26 am

Website has Launched check it out here. Still being edited though
https://rewakeningmod.com/

The Mod is also now on moddb
https://www.moddb.com/mods/re-wakening-mod

IMPORTANT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS PART
USERS OF OLD D2 AND LOD SOFTWARE USE THIS SETUP: (if you are operating on the old installers)
Pre Release 0.4 Alpha With D2SE & PlugY Setup
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dxws4lm41 ... t.rar/file
This is the most recent download link, It is a rar directory that needs to be extracted into the D2SE "MODS" Directory.

USERS OF THE NEWEST D2 AND LOD SOFTWARE USE THIS SETUP: (operating on the new 1.14b installers)
New D2 and LoD 1.14b installers 0.3 Alpha Setup
http://www.mediafire.com/file/603zly1yn ... 3.zip/file
If you have the Newest D2 and LoD software that installs at version 1.14b you will need to update it to 1.14d then copy this package to your d2 Directory

5:25pm-EST . 2020-01-28
Name: Re-Wakening MOD
Build: 0.3 ALPHA
D2Version: 1.14D
Plugins: Basemod (included in download and created by devurandom)

Took me quite a while to debug some map issues, All Problems should be fixed and i will be testing to make sure over the next week. I have been working on a new Website for my Mod so this has taken up a little time, the website be live sometime this week. I have figured out how to pack everything properly
back into the patch so the download size it much smaller now. Thanks for your patience during this learning process.

If any Experienced modders have any tips feel free to leave them.

- Akara has gotten some new things, Her inventory now sells many new usable objects and useful cubing
reagents.
- New Loading screen going into games.
- New Crypts added to the Graveyard, More Levels added but you can see them for yourself :)
- A New XP potion that provides increased XP over time (just like a shrine). It has a redone flippy and inv
graphic with brand new color.
- Added a new Item type for Sorc/Barb/Pally/Druid. All have been given class mods as well. (more later)
- Gheed gambles new class weapon/armor types.
- New type of Jewelery added (These may need some work if you find crafted ones randomly dropping
let me know please).
- New arrow quivers drop so keep your eye out for "Forged Quivers".
- A variety of "Consumable Herbs" have been added you can find them at akara, They provide
buffs/effects that last a short time
- Paladin, Sorceress, and Barbarian have all reaceived a new 6 piece Set. Other Class Sets to come later
- New type of item added called Socketing Orbs. There are 6 of these and they allow 1-6 sockets
respectively when cubed with any normal/superior item
- 6 new Runes have been added, and 8 new runewords For now... Lots to come
- Drop rates of items got a major change i guess you could say, considering how many ways there are to
edit them. Most Runes rarities have been decreased to allow them to roll more often and they only
require 2 of each to upgrade to the next level, all the way to zod. Low Rune, level requirements
lowered.
- Added around 100 lines to string tables , Sorceress's "Fire Bolt's" skill now reflect's its new changes. Still
needs to be balanced.

EDIT: 4:25am-EST . 2020-01-14
Heres a quick video of the 6 new runes added and 8 of the new runewords, the properties will be changed if you notice the issues.

This video ended up choppy thanks to youtubes upload server... will reupload it later

EDIT: 4:49pm-EST . 2020-01-10
Im currently working on 0.3 ALPHA just thought i would name some things coming in the next version.

- All classes have a new item type, just recalculating drop rates of everything is tedious may take time
- Vendors Stocks will be updated frequently over the course of adding items
- Jewelry now drops more often
- New type of jewelry being added (having issues with this but it should be fixed by time of release)
- Any cube recipe that required 3 items when dealing with gems or runes, now only require 2.
- Some Lower runes added to Akara so people will be able to access runeword's more quickly
- Act 2 map overhaul is underway
- When it comes to the "Addition" of new levels i could use some expert advice if anyone has any please PM me.

Build: 0.2 ALPHA (The Act1 Map Overhaul)

Release Date: 12:46pm January 2nd

i just wanted to say ive been trying to make things feel unique in diablo 2 again and really what i think it needs is more space, more enemies.
Which led me to notice the amount of space that goes unused in many of the preset levels throughout the game. I decided i would give these area's a completely new feel and its really just the beginning, All it really needs is more tiles,
in more places and more of them really. Anyways im creating this mainly to show whats possible when you really want to learn. A Huge shoutout goes to Paul Siramy, most of the upgrades were done in WinDS1editor. Also as always, Thanks to everyone on the keep for their contributions. Even random people sometimes have had GREAT ideas which led to breakthroughs but credit cannot always be given to everyone.

Credits for things i have used: (list will be updated as often as names are remembered)
Jetaman - Guild tileset

If you think i left you off the list PM me, and credit will be given as its due
ENJOY!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wl4qrds16 ... 2.zip/file

~Tmuhlhausen

(Basemod.dll was overlooked and not placed into the last download.. my mistake. so some features werent being loaded... Fine Now)

UPDATES:

ITEMS

-Tweaked a bunch of item names to give the game a fresh feel to old items, mainly Sorc items for now.

MAPS

-I have added new entrances throughout Act 1 which will someday lead into dungeons. Made a few maps in act 1 larger, the experienced eye will notice!
-Also altered preset maps throughout Act1 increasing some of their size a little keeping within the original bounds.
-Added new stones to the random stone groupings to help with randomization of scenery, as i find randomization of things is KEY to a healthy game

TOWN- All 4 directions for town maps have been enlarged and also have more tilesets (one is the guild tileset), and locations of vendors changed. Symmetry was taken into account
and im quite pleased with how "Proper" all 4 variations of town look. after hours of calculation :P
(ive noticed an odd animation error when its raining while loading into a game but its rare and will fix this soon (i have a workaround, just need to edit the ds1))

MONASTERY- Remapped and added mobs for your grinding pleasure.
CATHEDRAL- Remapped, also added mobs here.
ANDARIEL- Everyone should be pleased with the new larger layout, Lots of Mob Spawns.

i will be adding runewords over the next few days, That's
next on the agenda, I need them to have somewhat elaborate names and i think ive found some.

BASEMOD FEATURES AND CREDITS:
(Note only the setting's that are being used are here, enabling/disabling settings is up to you):

- Bypass 25 FPS limit for single player
- AutoGoldPickup
- CPU Fix
- Extended Objects
- Extended Levels
- Extended Sounds & Music support (Not yet used)
- All Missing SuperUniques are enabled
- Nilathek Portal Fix so it doesnt disappear
- Fix for Shadow Master - disappears much less for most maps
- Fix for NecroMancer revives so they don't wander off
- HyperJoin - fast loading for multiplayer
- MultiCopy Enabled
- Enable Ladder Only RuneWords in SP games
- Ethereal Armor Socket Bug Fix
- Patch for the Treasure Goblin plugin (MIGHT add this who knows :D)
- Ctrl Left Click Item extended to Inventory, Stash, Cube & Ground Drop (Awesome instant move feature by holding CTRL and left clicking an item.)
- Shift Left Click Beltable Item extended to Stash & Cube
- Custom Red Portals from Cube Output (will be adding these later when i design new levels)
- Linear Magic Find Drop Rates (Better drops, im not really sure how it works but seems superior items and things drop way more often)
- Gamble Refresh (You dont have to Close anymore to refresh gheeds wares, Just use the arrow tab)
- Merc Equip Items - boots, gloves, belt, amulet and one ring
- CharmZone ( may be implemented later, for now use as many charms as you want)

=======
Basemod Credits
=======

Devurandom (Creator of Basemod)
KingPin
Necrolis
Nefarius
Lolet
Whist
Mnw1995
Misiek1294
Ogodei
Dav92

Thanks to Kaladann [Casual Nostalgia] for initial testing and suggestions.
Thanks to DarkQuake [Grail] for followup testing and suggestions.
Thanks to Zekken [Content Update] for testing pre-release versions.

=======
=======

Build: 0.1 ALPHA

Release Date: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:26 pm

EDIT:
Here is a short video of the beginning work for next patch.
https://youtu.be/b39D8V7vpjY

Another Update: I just wanted to say i have done a TON of map edits throughout Act 1,
and i must say it's pretty epic, This should put the mod on the map.. time will tell. im just finishng up and i will update the download link... stay tuned!

Things are going smoothly with edits, Town maps have almost been completed will have another update ready a week from today (Jan 7th) to try and add as much as possible in the meantime.

Hey, today i am releasing a project i have been working on. This would not be possible if not for all the Guru's here on the keep and i am very grateful for everything i have/will learn in the past/coming years. i wont go into much detail just will post some Changes/Updates even Tweaks to the already beautiful game, we have all come to know and love.

SKILLS
Sorceress -
Fire Bolt- Is now "Fire Bolts", starts with 3 bolts, Gains additional bolts Per So Many Lvls.(Like Charged Bolt)

MAPS
GENERAL AREAS- There are various areas that Contain Sparkly Loot Chests Earlier on in the game, i wont list these.. Something to Hunt For.

Graveyard- Added extra Unaccessable Crypts(for now), Possible Level Additions In The Future.(As Long As It Keeps Stability in Check, This Will Be Top Priority).

ITEMS
Reskinned a MAJOR Amount of Already Existing Item Graphics, To Provide For a Fresh Overall Vibe To Original Items.

NEW ITEMTYPES-
-Added Sorceress Tablets (Off-Hand).

UI
-Reskinned The Cube/Stash/Inventory/Trade Windows.
-Reskinned Vendor Windows.
-Partial Reskin To Skill Icons/Some skills being Reworked (This Will Probably Take a While, And Each Character Class Also Has Around 55-60 I Believe).
Last edited by tmuhlhausen on Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:23 am, edited 31 times in total.

thaison
Paladin
Vietnam

Re: [Alpha Release] Re-Wakening MOD

Post by thaison » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:59 pm

Although the mod has little information, the file size is large 8-O

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:46 pm

I agree.

I don't know hoes does modding works, but I guess it shouldn't be so different compared to previous version.

What I can see is that tmuhlhausen compiled d2data and d2exp mpq files with changes he did instead of providing us with the data folder which is usually distributed, at least by other modders.

We should just use -direct on game shortcut to load his changes to the game.
-direct = Use file from data directory prior to MPQ
Something like that. :mrgreen:

Then mod would be maybe 50mb in size compared to now. :scratchhead:

Also, there is no need for game.exe to be included with the download.

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:24 pm

Hey guys, aplogize for the large filesize, i do use the -direct -txt while building the mod. However, i have had many issues in the past workng the way most people do. i get issues when keeping all files inside a single data folder due to cross referencing.. the game has multiple versions of the same files, inside different directories so if you place then together sometimes you put the wrong file version in or some stupid error occurs. basically i have found a stable way to edit while ALSO being organized, using 3 mpq files as my main base of changes. i will try to figure out another way to safely update with smaller files for now though to ensure the stabilty and avoid issues this is easier and faster for me to deliver more updates. High Quality updates i am hoping. Once again sorry about the filesize i will try to find a an alternative method that is as quick at editing as this.

The game.exe being inside is for simplictity's sake, for people who dont have any idea how to mod, simple drag and drop and done.

Once again, people who know about modding understand that you simply cannot just take everything out and put it inside one folder the way i am editing. i would have cross referencing issues. ive attempted to do it the regular way many many many times with errors, this way.. next to no errors. Anyway's any positive notes would be welcomed
Last edited by tmuhlhausen on Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:39 am

Looking for someone who has the V0.2 up and running to message me for testing purposes.

andsimo
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Christmas Island

Post by andsimo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:10 am

Rather than transferring large files to a mod (d2data, d2exp), it is better to make a version for D2SE
mods observer

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Re: Rewakening 0.3 Alpha & 0.4 PRE Release W/ D2SE&PlugY Support

Post by tmuhlhausen » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:32 pm

Appreciate the Feedback links have all been updated and have released the D2SE version. Thanks for the tip
Last edited by tmuhlhausen on Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:02 am

tmuhlhausen wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:24 pm
Hey guys, aplogize for the large filesize....cross referencing....

The game.exe being inside is for simplictity's sake, for people who dont have any idea how to mod, simple drag and drop and done.

Anyway's any positive notes would be welcomed
First I hope that you don't see our posts as negative.

Imo I don't mind the file size, it is just we are all used to data folder and it was strange at least for me to see recompiled mpq files, after a very long time, that's why I asked.

I see that you have done at least 200 changes for now, well done :)

Anyway, positive thing is that basemod works perfect, especially auto gold pick up :D
tmuhlhausen wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:39 am
Looking for someone who has the V0.2 up and running to message me for testing purposes.
tmuhlhausen wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:32 pm
All i really need to know anyways is if it runs properly, if anyone cares to let me know. Thanks
Well, it is up and running, but vacation ends in two days, and I'm testing another mod already, if work doesn't kicks in too hard I might help with testing, will see during the next week....

....though for sure will play it these two days.

One good thing is that glide works with 1.14d, it is a lot easier to play the game with glide. :D

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:08 am

Talic wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:02 am

First I hope that you don't see our posts as negative.

Imo I don't mind the file size, it is just we are all used to data folder and it was strange at least for me to see recompiled mpq files, after a very long time, that's why I asked.

I see that you have done at least 200 changes for now, well done :)

Anyway, positive thing is that basemod works perfect, especially auto gold pick up :D

Well, it is up and running, but vacation ends in two days, and I'm testing another mod already, if work doesn't kicks in too hard I might help with testing, will see during the next week....

....though for sure will play it these two days.

One good thing is that glide works with 1.14d, it is a lot easier to play the game with glide. :D
Much appreciated Talic, glad for the feedback. Development is on the back burner for a day or two until i can fully grasp issues im having with networking. i cant talk much about it here all i can say is someday soon everyone will be able to play together.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:41 pm

Well, in town, my character can't walk over this area, on both bridges, from each side of the bridges:

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:56 pm

Talic wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:41 pm
Well, in town, my character can't walk over this area, on both bridges, from each side of the bridges:
Also in my noted for things to fix, its only 1 or two of the 4 town varitions. Im also not ocmpletely satisfied with syymmetry to more i look but it is another thing that will be corrected next release. Simple tile fix, there are so many floor tiles sometimes its hard to tell if i am using a walkable/unwalkable. when finished i quickly check all 4 maps. AKA.. Objects and tiles walkable info will be checked. thanks for letting me know much appreciated

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:39 am

Many things have changed mainly just bug support really but there is now a build on 1.13c that is made for D2SE and Has PlugY enabled. So if you are using new Blizz software (the 1.14b installers) then download the 0.3 Rev 2 and if you are using the OLD blizz software download the 1.13c D2SE & PlugY package. this should clear up the problems people may have had

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Wed May 27, 2020 4:03 pm

Still working on it I guess, UI looks really nice.

Gem's/rune's bags - very nice :P

And now D2SE compatible. :)

As soon as I am able, will try it once again for sure, currently testing one mod plus real life things, and no a lot of time left.

Keep up the good work :D

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”