[Alpha Release] Moonglow

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
dreameaterx
Slovakia

[Alpha Release] Moonglow

Post by dreameaterx » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:46 pm

Hello. Well, here I come with yet another mod.

Features are:
- Armor no longer has defense property, exchanged for armor rating. Armor rating and player level both impact damage reduction held.
- There are no longer item qualities. No magic, rare, set or unique items. However, all item bases have automagic, spawning with 1-3 positive and negative bonuses combination.
- New alchemy system. Every character has alchemy skill, investing points in the skill allows you to craft more and better potions. Potions no longer drop or can be purchased, instead, herbs do and potions need to be brewed (crafted in cube).
- Included ExpRes - 1024x768 / 1280x768.
- New UI (well, the one provided along ExpRes, but the skill tree page finished with help from ar3), D2NewStats included, inventory size increased.
- Currently only optimised for gameplay on normal difficulty, other difficulties will perhaps come later, however, characters should be able to level up to 95+ on normal.
- Monsters have higher levels, thus are stronger.
- Maximum character level is 150, although it currently cannot be reached.
- No gems, runes, runewords, jewels or charms available.
- Items currently cannot be socketed.
- No hireables. Removed NPCs that sell them from map. Yes, the quests they give thus cannot be finished, but no reward was given for quests by any of these NPCs (except hires themselves, or runes, but those are not used anyway).
- Characters do not start with a weapon (due to automagic bonus lack), but instead are given 500 gold to buy one.
- Energy does not increase mana, but adds 1% skill damage per 2 points.
- Characters do not gain mana on level up.
- Mana recovery significantly increased. Mana management is taken into consideration though, no worries about it being unplayable.
- Characters gain titles according to their level, instead of finished difficulty.
- Every character is tied to usage of one weapon type (except druid is planned to have a side weapon).
- Completely remade skill trees from scratch with new skills only, remaking entire characters (just began, currently only amazon is playable, character creation screen lacks all other characters).
- Game balance is entirely changed.
- Currently using leekun's oil paint tiles for no apparent reason.

Core 1.10f, though that's obvious from the plugins used.

Discovered leekun's catacombs palette bug that makes catacombs golden: (it actually has it's charm)

This mod is playable, however, the project is very early stage and the balance is not optimal. It is not easy, you have to work with completely new skills, no hire, lack of pots and enemies are stronger than in vanilla. If you are interested in a whole skill tree overhaul, come and have a try. However, this project is not meant to be public yet, that is why it is only available on my Discord, where I can see who might have downloaded it, playtrough is meant for testing purposes and opinion sharing on what should be worked on, not yet for just having fun playing, but I decided to inform PK about it, as most resources are obviously taken from here, aswell as many members adviced me.

My Discord:
>>https://discord.gg/BTfUm7v<<

Have a nice day.

dreameaterx
Slovakia

Re: [Alpha Release] Moonglow

Post by dreameaterx » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:18 pm

Necro now a playable class. With Amazon two classes finished.

dreameaterx
Slovakia

Re: [Alpha Release] Moonglow

Post by dreameaterx » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:59 pm

Paladin skill tree complete.

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”