It has been a while... [Faith Mod fix and Redemption Mod announcement]

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

It has been a while... [Faith Mod fix and Redemption Mod announcement]

Post by EzechielP » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:43 pm

Hello again,

I actually just realized today that my last active tenure on this site was 10 years ago... time flies eh?
It was a great source of information for modding D2 back then and I'm glad to see it still is (even though some links don't work anymore but given it's age it is to be expected)

Anyway, I was casually chatting with a friend the other day about the game and the LAN parties we had - long story short - it reignited the creative spark in me so here I am - again.

So one of the first things I found was the D2SE mod manager and found my first little 1.09d mod called "Faith" as modplugin there so we tried it but some files seemed to be malfunctioning so I troubleshooted that, went back to look for my original source files and tested it with them in the usual direct txt way and found it worked. So I assume there may be something wrong with the files in the mpq that was created then and since I already downloaded most of the tools of the trade again, including mpq2k obviously, I will try to reupload a fixed version shortly in case someone wants it (I'll put the link in here when I'm done).

EDIT: I've managed to repackage the modfiles and uploaded it to my new homepage:
http://www.demergence.at/games/d2lod/fa ... ed_sfx.exe

Also, since I was already hooked again, I'm thinking of making another mod, this time based on v1.13, using all the available fixes and extending it yet again (within reason) to create a fresh experience while being true to the original feeling. I still remember being eager to tinker around with the softcoded formulas back when 1.10 was the latest version we got. A lot might have changed but since I got a lot more time on my hands nowadays... Well, we will see what I may come up with...

So, I'm looking forward to hear your feedback yet again and I hope you are ally healthx :)
Back from the dreaded realms of... the outside world ;)

I'll keep my old account name but just as an FYI you are more likely to find me as dEmergence nowadays across other platforms.

EzechielP a.k.a dEmergence
--------
My first attempt at a mod back in the day... good times: FAITH-Mod Discussion

Texalic
Paladin

Re: It has been a while... [Faith Mod fix and Redemption Mod announcement]

Post by Texalic » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:31 pm

Be sure to also check Basemod mod available here on forums, and maybe multires to at least allow e.g. 1024x768 and similar resolutions.

Good luck with your mods, I will test them for sure.

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Post by Nizari » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:52 pm

Hello, Phrozen Keep actually grew in last 10 years. We have discord channel with very active and quite big community. I really recommend to join, especially ifnyou want to work on some mod. Every tool is still available and nothing was ever lost.

jamie11

Post by jamie11 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:35 am

Nizari wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:52 pm
Hello, Phrozen Keep actually grew in last 10 years. We have discord channel with very active and quite big community. I really recommend to join, especially ifnyou want to work on some mod. Every tool is still available and nothing was ever lost. That's because we are using lab report writing service and you should use it too!
Oh, sounds great! Can you add a link to your Discord, please?
Last edited by jamie11 on Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Post by Nizari » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:56 am

Its visible on main site, under Community section. Anyway here you go https://discord.com/invite/NvfftHY

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”