v6b8/v14a3 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b5/v7 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Cypress » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:06 pm

For Overworked v8, I'm running into some rather serious issues. The idea of giving every weapon, boot and shield an ID is a huge mess.
(1) It has to be applied manually to automagic.txt, setitems.txt and uniqueitems.txt.
(2) Properties cannot help, since properties can only force param values, they cannot force min/max values. This is fine for pseudostats (i.e. skills), but it does not work at all for normal stats.
(3) Manually changing the values of ID stats every time weapons/boots/shields are changed would be a massive headache and error-prone.
(4) For boots/shields in particular, I'm relying on a tedious ID system that requires skills.txt spaghetti.

I don't think anyone would be willing to work with such a system. The solution I came up with is adding new txt files that are read by some program which then edits weapons/armor/misc.txt, uniqueitems.txt, setitems.txt and automagic.txt. This would make it very easy to modify and append IDs, but it will likely take me months to finish this program (I realize this is a laughably simple program to make, it just reads and modifies txt files, but I'm a very slow learner).

Also, if I am able to figure out how to make the above program, then I'll also be able to create a modding program, which I'm surprised hasn't been made yet, that would accept instructions to apply specific changes to txt files, which would make modding far less error-prone in general. It would allow Overworked to become modular, which means players/modders can install the parts of Overworked that they like and exclude everything else. With some effort, it would even allow for txt files from different mods to be compiled into a singular txt file, which will make it so mods do not have to be so mutually exclusive (i.e. modders can create simple plugins, like add two new uniques and three new skills, without having to messily copy+paste things over). And given that D2R txt files are at least slightly different from D2's, it will make conversion between D2 and D2R txt files easy.

---
eleriaqueen wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:03 pm
Hi Cypress, is it intended that in Overworked, 'Dopplezon' skilldesc uses both a custom string 'stringlife' and 'StrSkill42' that resolve to the same string -> 'Life:'
That was messy work on my part, it would be better to use StrSkill42 instead. I'll fix that in the next update, thanks!

Question

Re: v6b5/v7 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Question » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:49 pm

@Cypress : kain_abel_666 suggested I post in this thread. So from what I can gather, overworked is the version that is compatible with vanilla saves while Modworked is not? Do you have a list of bugs still present in the Overworked version?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:46 pm

Question wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:49 pm
@Cypress : kain_abel_666 suggested I post in this thread. So from what I can gather, overworked is the version that is compatible with vanilla saves while Modworked is not? Do you have a list of bugs still present in the Overworked version?
That is correct, Overworked will be compatible with any vanilla saves from version 1.10f to 1.14. The "bug fixes that are not included" file in Overworked\Documentation describes some bugs/inaccurate descriptions that were not fixed in Overworked.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:52 pm

@Cypress hello again :) Overwork's belts have an issue, the pop up slots are not working. Adding in armors.txt/type2: belt solves this. It was tested on vanilla 1.13c

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:36 pm

Thanks Erevos! However, I'm noticing that it only fixes the issue if type=belt, type2=belt does not seem to do anything. How were you able to get type2=belt to provide additional belt slots?

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:15 am

I added vanilla 1.13's itemtype belt row to overworked. Forgot it yesterday.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:39 pm

Isn't the vanilla belt row still present in v7? I didn't remove any itemtype rows (aside from Expansion which does nothing), so the itemtype belt should still be present. What I did in v7 was move the types one step deeper. So instead of type1=belt, it's set up that type1=(itself)=belt. Normally, this would carry the itemtype's hardcoded behavior to type1, but from what I can tell belt is an exception to this rule. For example, a hand axe can be made to block attacks if it's type is equivalent to shie at some point, but having type equivalent to belt does not seem to do anything (that is, only type1=belt gives belt slots).

Could you provide your armor.txt and itemtypes.txt?

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:23 pm

i meant i replaced your belt row on itemtypes. Sure i can but its just your armor with type2: belt and your itemtypes with belt row replace by 1.13's belt row.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:33 pm

It's strange, I cannot get it to work with type2=belt, only type=belt. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:42 pm

Check the files
Excel-txt.rar
armor/itemtypes
(19.48 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:08 am

Weird, it still doesn't work. I tried a few different txt file sets, different patches, with and without PlugY, with and without window mode and even different graphical renderers (I figured maybe it's some kind of messed up display issue since it involves the UI). No matter what, the belt inventory only shows when type=belt.

Could you try running this belt test? It's a stripped down v7 with only the txt files, your txt files copied over, the binned txt files, saves and a d2se_setup.

EDIT: Whoops sorry, attachment doesn't want to work. https://mega.nz/file/UaRxmKRR#v84JfwS0H ... NemdmOqSIE

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:36 am

I really cannot explain it but i cannot make it work anymore. Only ofcourse if type1: belt type2: tbl. Is there a special reason you want belt on type2?

On a side note, adding shie to a weapon makes the Chance to Block 20% appear but it does not actually nlock as far as i can tell.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:38 pm

Type determines the itemtypes.txt settings used. So for example, if type=belt, then only the itemtypes settings of belt can be used. If each item has its own itemtype, then they can each have their own custom itemtypes settings. This allows:

(1) Auto treasureclass control. You can individually control the drop rate of each item by modifying its type's rarity.
(2) Varying gfx. You can give up to 6 different graphics for a single item.
(3) Varying socket limits. Normally, all items of a type have the same socket limits based on ilvl, but with separate typings you can give a different limit to each item.
(4) Can change equipping for each individual item. Could make gloves that can be equipped as a weapon or as gloves for example.
(5) Can make an item always spawn as magic, or prevent it from being rare.
(6) Staffmods and class-only.

So for example, with this system in place I can easily make it so Crystal Swords are 1/3x as common, have sorceress staffmods, always spawn as at least magic and can have 6 sockets regardless of ilvl.

It's not a huge deal that belts have to have type=belt, it just means belts cannot be as controlled as other itemtypes.

Also, the "shie" type needs to be linked to type, it cannot be linked to type2. So for example, if you give the axe itemtype equiv1 or equiv2 = shie, then axes will be able to block. See: https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=67252.

MilesTeg
Germany

Post by MilesTeg » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:34 am

Cypress wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:06 pm
For Overworked v8, I'm running into some rather serious issues. The idea of giving every weapon, boot and shield an ID is a huge mess.
(1) It has to be applied manually to automagic.txt, setitems.txt and uniqueitems.txt.
(2) Properties cannot help, since properties can only force param values, they cannot force min/max values. This is fine for pseudostats (i.e. skills), but it does not work at all for normal stats.
(3) Manually changing the values of ID stats every time weapons/boots/shields are changed would be a massive headache and error-prone.
(4) For boots/shields in particular, I'm relying on a tedious ID system that requires skills.txt spaghetti.

I don't think anyone would be willing to work with such a system. The solution I came up with is adding new txt files that are read by some program which then edits weapons/armor/misc.txt, uniqueitems.txt, setitems.txt and automagic.txt. This would make it very easy to modify and append IDs, but it will likely take me months to finish this program (I realize this is a laughably simple program to make, it just reads and modifies txt files, but I'm a very slow learner).

Also, if I am able to figure out how to make the above program, then I'll also be able to create a modding program, which I'm surprised hasn't been made yet, that would accept instructions to apply specific changes to txt files, which would make modding far less error-prone in general. It would allow Overworked to become modular, which means players/modders can install the parts of Overworked that they like and exclude everything else. With some effort, it would even allow for txt files from different mods to be compiled into a singular txt file, which will make it so mods do not have to be so mutually exclusive (i.e. modders can create simple plugins, like add two new uniques and three new skills, without having to messily copy+paste things over). And given that D2R txt files are at least slightly different from D2's, it will make conversion between D2 and D2R txt files easy.
Hi there. I'm just chiming in to give you a nod in the (probably?) right direction. Not sure I fully understand why you need IDs for weapon, boot and shield in the first place, but there's a programming library that makes working with csv (=txt files) a breeze:

The python library panda. Some example code:

Code: Select all

import pandas as pd  # imports the panda library into your python program

df = pd.read_csv('SetItems.txt',sep='\t', index_col = 0)   # loads SetItems.txt as a panda dataframe (=table) object

anotherdf = pd.read_csv('SetItemsIDs.txt',sep='\t', index_col = 0)   # loads another .txt file as a panda dataframe object

newcombineddf = pd.concat([df, anotherdf], axis=1)   # Concatenates/combines both tables (x-axis=ads new columns) into a new one
I haven't looked much further into it but panda should have all the tools you might want for this job.

You can try it out yourself online: https://www.learnpython.org/en/Pandas_Basics

eleriaqueen
France

Post by eleriaqueen » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:05 am

Hi again Cypress, I just noticed that in Overworked a few skills like "Immolation Arrow" skilldesc contain

for one of its "descline" values, did you mean to delete this value but never got around to it ?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:03 am

eleriaqueen wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:05 am
Hi again Cypress, I just noticed that in Overworked a few skills like "Immolation Arrow" skilldesc contain

for one of its "descline" values, did you mean to delete this value but never got around to it ?
That was left in so I could compare the difference between the original formula and Amazon Basin's formula. It serves no purpose now. I'll go ahead and remove it, thanks!
MilesTeg wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:34 am

Hi there. I'm just chiming in to give you a nod in the (probably?) right direction. Not sure I fully understand why you need IDs for weapon, boot and shield in the first place, but there's a programming library that makes working with csv (=txt files) a breeze:

The python library panda.
Thanks for the idea, but I've been very lazy (as you can probably tell by the very late response, sorry!) and given up on programming. I've started working on a new version again which will have the unwieldy systems in place, so your advice should be helpful for anyone that wants to automate the process for themselves. Also worth noting that this entire issue is non-existent for anyone running 1.13+, since there is a property function 36 which lets you imprint exact min/max/param values for a given property, which I really wish existed for 1.10f too.

ascar
France

Post by ascar » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:33 am

hello, just checked everything, its perfect :cool:
I have some questions ! :

- for sandraider AI you just removed the "health% flee" AI ? It was not supposed to be here?
- for bat you added the numbers in "aidist" ?

- in missiles part, for nihilatak not sure about what did you modify
- for poison cloud same

- for uniqitems txt is it "allowed" to have "comment" lines? like expansion, "armor" , "belt" , "new uniqs" etc? I got sometimes a weird uniq shift of one line when i add or delete some new uniqs i created, not sure if its because of blank lines just used for txt structure to be more readable.

For all txt your added columns require code editing or is it only "forgotten" columns?

Thanks a lot :)

jerk-o
United States of America

Post by jerk-o » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:13 am

Have you given any thoughts on expanding or improving the automap?
(\ /) This is Bunny.
(o.o) Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(><) him on his way to world domination

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:17 am

Hi ascar. The Sand Raider/Bat changes were from the fixed 1.11/1.13c txt files (which Overworked is based on), so I'm not exactly sure what happened there, but I think the Sand Raider changes were to prevent them from wandering around pointlessly all the time, and the bat AIdist changes were to make sure their AI activates before you see them so that they can properly roost.

I'm not sure what you are referring to for Nihlathak and the poison clouds. Could you list the specific missiles? I believe the poison clouds you are talking about might be a fix to make it so the plague javelin clouds deal damage, which was another fix borrowed from the fixed 1.13c txt files.

For comment lines in uniqueitems.txt, I think the only way is to name the row Expansion.

As for the added columns, are you referring to weapons.txt/armor.txt/misc.txt? If so, then yes, you can use the new columns. A valid column in any of those three txt files is valid in the others. You could, for example, add the various damage and strbonus/dexbonus and speed columns to misc.txt so that weapons can be defined within misc.txt. And regardless of that, everything in Overworked/Modworked is softcoded and txt-based, so you should not need code editing to use any of the additions.

Hi jerk-o, I have not. I've never even modified automap.txt for any of my mods, I know nothing about it. Is there anything in specific that needs to be added/fixed for it?

jerk-o
United States of America

Post by jerk-o » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:19 am

I can't think of anything specific besides maybe a few small pools in act 1, but possibly doing a few play throughs and seeing what does/doesn't show up couldn't hurt.

Edit: After looking at the automap.txt fileguide, it doesn't seem too hard to change the automap, just a little bit time consuming. One thing to look into that I just thought of is the possibility of changing the colors of each tile on the automap. I think it'd be neat if the automap was drawn in blue, green, yellow, or whatever instead of always in red.
(\ /) This is Bunny.

ascar
France

Post by ascar » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:46 am

Cypress wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:17 am
Hi ascar. The Sand Raider/Bat changes were from the fixed 1.11/1.13c txt files (which Overworked is based on), so I'm not exactly sure what happened there, but I think the Sand Raider changes were to prevent them from wandering around pointlessly all the time, and the bat AIdist changes were to make sure their AI activates before you see them so that they can properly roost.

I'm not sure what you are referring to for Nihlathak and the poison clouds. Could you list the specific missiles? I believe the poison clouds you are talking about might be a fix to make it so the plague javelin clouds deal damage, which was another fix borrowed from the fixed 1.13c txt files.

For comment lines in uniqueitems.txt, I think the only way is to name the row Expansion.

As for the added columns, are you referring to weapons.txt/armor.txt/misc.txt? If so, then yes, you can use the new columns. A valid column in any of those three txt files is valid in the others. You could, for example, add the various damage and strbonus/dexbonus and speed columns to misc.txt so that weapons can be defined within misc.txt. And regardless of that, everything in Overworked/Modworked is softcoded and txt-based, so you should not need code editing to use any of the additions.

Hi jerk-o, I have not. I've never even modified automap.txt for any of my mods, I know nothing about it. Is there anything in specific that needs to be added/fixed for it?
Hello

I see this a bit late, not sure if i managed to understand the problem i had but thanks!

Now im doing map color modding and im totally stuck lol !

jerk-o
United States of America

Post by jerk-o » Sat May 07, 2022 11:42 pm

Are there any plans on adding the D2R 2.4 runewords, or is that something for individual mod makers to do?
(\ /) This is Bunny.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b6/v9 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Cypress » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:14 pm

Released Modworked v9. Includes:
•References to shield damage, boot damage, weapon type, weapon handedness, strbonus, dexbonus and the number of weapons being wielded.
•Blocking for Two-Handed Weapons
•Smiting with Two-Handed Weapons on Paladins
•A2 Animations for Bows and Crossbows
•A2 animations for unarmed attacks on Barbarians and Druids
•Fixed S3/Crouching animations for the Assassin
•Assassin S4 animations for all weapons
•Barbarian S3/S4 animations for all weapons
•Holy Shield for non-Paladins

The next version will implement Superstates, which will allow for virtually infinite stats and passive states and will allow for automatically updating passive stats. Crazy stats like "Add 30% of Physical Damage as Additional Fire Damage" and "Unarmed Attacks have a 10% Chance to deal 5x Damage" will become possible.
jerk-o wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 11:42 pm
Are there any plans on adding the D2R 2.4 runewords, or is that something for individual mod makers to do?
I know this is extremely late and you may no longer care/have already gotten them, but I'll set those up right now and put them into a code block if anyone wants them. I'll probably add them in v10 too.

2.4 runewords:

Runeword40	Flickering Flame	1		helm									Nef-Pul-Vex	r04	r21	r26				aura	Resist Fire	4	8	fireskill		3	3	pierce-fire		10	15	mana		50	75	half-freeze		1	1	res-pois-len		50	50					0
Runeword151	Unbending Will	1		swor									Fal-Io-Ith-Eld-El-Hel	r19	r16	r06	r02	r01	r15	hit-skill	Taunt	18	18	skilltab	12	3	3	swing1		20	30	dmg%		300	350	lifesteal		8	10	noheal		1	1	red-dmg		8	8	0
Runeword84	Mist	1		miss									Cham-Shael-Gul-Thul-Ith	r32	r13	r25	r10	r06		aura	Concentration	8	12	allskills		3	3	pierce		100	100	dmg%		325	375	vit		24	24	res-all		40	40					0
Runeword94	Obsession	1		staf									Zod-Ist-Lem-Lum-Io-Nef	r33	r24	r20	r17	r16	r04	gethit-skill	Weaken	24	10	allskills		4	4	cast1		65	65	balance1		60	60	hp%		15	25	regen-mana		15	30	res-all		60	70	0
If anyone wants the 2.6 runewords, I can give those too, just without the weird special stats.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Re: v6b6/v9 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by erevos » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:25 am

Hi @Cypress!

Im glad you keep working on this! Looks awesome!
If it is not too much to ask, when you release v10 could you provide some example calcs for this "Crazy stats"?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b6/v10b Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Cypress » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:08 pm

v10b is out, it implements the Superstates/crazy stats system to allow for very powerful new stats to be made which do not take up itemstatcost.txt space. Also allows for virtually infinite passive skills.

---

Hey erevos, I will include a few sample stats to play around with. v10 includes:
dmg%str, dmg%dex, dmg%enr: Acts like strbonus and dexbonus, giving +dmg% based on the bonus and your attributes.
ACperdex, ARperdex: Gives additional defense and attack rating per point of Dexterity (makes the Dexterity bonuses stronger).
unarmedscale: Makes it so unarmed attacks scale identically to kicks, in that they gain flat +dmg based on Strength and Dexterity.
dmgasfire, dmgascold, dmgasltng, dmgasmag, dmgaspois: Works like Vengeace +elem dmg%, takes your weapon damage and adds a percentage of it as elemental damage.

I'll be releasing the new version tomorrow. Was planning on releasing it last week, but I ran into serious issues that have since been completely fixed. If you'd like me to make some more stats, just let me know (although note that I have exaggerated the power of this system, chances/time-based stats are technically possible but as of my current understanding unfeasible; I may be able to come up with a way of making them possible anyways).

And I'm not exactly sure what you mean by example calcs, but I could post one of the crazy stats as an example:
arperdex:
Has len=(lvl>0)?(lvl-stat('item_allskills'.accr)):(0)
This calc adjusts the effective stat value, such that allskills do not contribute to its referenced value. So for example, if I have +5 Attack Rating per Dexterity, then it will not be +7 if I have +2 to all skills, it will still be +5 Attack Rating per Dexterity. Every crazy stat uses this calc so that only the value of the crazy stat given by items is used.

Has rng=stat('dexterity'.accr)*len
This is the meat of the crazy stat, it defines the amount of attack rating to give per dexterity, one per len, which is the effective crazy stat value.

arperdex is then referenced by [tohit]:
Has len=rng+clc1+clc2+clc3+clc4+ast1+ast2+ast3+ast4+ast5+ast6+pst1+pst2+pst3+pst4+pst5+pets+skpt
This conjoins every single calc cell which can be referenced for a single skill. [tohit] acts as a centralized area where all crazy stats that modify tohit are referenced.

Has rng=skill('arperdex'.rng)
This takes the bonus from arperdex and conjoins it to [tohit].

[tohit] is then referenced by superoskill14:
Has passivestat=superstate14, passivestat4=tohit, passivestatcalc4=skill('[tohit]'.len)
This attaches the repository of tohit stats, [tohit], to an actual applier of the tohit stat.

superoskill14 is updated constantly by the counterbalancing action of superoskill32 and superaura1:
Superoskill32 gives +2 to +0 to all skills (unfortunately cannot be +1 to -1 since the game crashes if passivestates ever give negative allskills, no idea why).
Superaura1 gives -1 to +1 to all skills and a counter stat which constantly ticks up then resets its value.
The game then alternates these +allskill amounts based on the amount of the counter stat, the result is almost always alternating 2-1=1 and 0+1=1: +1 all skills, although it rarely desyncs, which is why I added a limit to itemstatcost such that item_allskills may never be negative (skill level 0 = skills start disappearing and the game becomes highly unstable).

The result of this convoluted scheme is that the game is constantly updating your skill levels, thereby constantly updating passive states, which store virtually every stat in the game, adjusting values based on the stat repositories, defining the behaviors of the crazy stats. It does come with some flaws, but I consider these a small price to pay:
(1) Will crash on pre-1.13 LAN, because you are far exceeding the old network state limit. This can be fixed by using fewer states: my system controls ~165 stats simultaneously with 33 states given by 1 charm, but you only need 2 states for the system to function. Instead of giving out 1 charm with 33 states, you can use 1 charm with 2 states and make it so an item with crazy stats gives out the requisite states instead.
(2) The player will have +1 to all skills. I cannot find any means of getting around this. Any less, and the system will occasionally desync and dip into the negatives, which will either crash the game (if no safety limit is added) or freeze the system (if using fmin/faccr limited item_allskills).
(3) The player has to start with a cube to create the passive updater charm. This is generally not an issue for mods, since it is typical to start the player with the cube, but I formed a partial fix by making the starting cube gigantic, awkward to use and overall undesirable.

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”