v6b8/v14a3 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b3 Overworked 1.13c Txt Files: An Attempt at Fixing Bugs

Post by Cypress » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:42 pm

Thanks erevos! I didn't test, but that sounds like it could definitely cause unexpected issues. In v6b3, I have renamed:
The second None to None1
The second Not Used to Not Used1
The third Not Used to Not Used2

For the next version, I'll introduce the last few changes I can think of for Overworked, and simultaneously fork into "Superoverworked" (boring name, but I want it to be obvious that it is Overworked but more extreme, which might not be desirable for some users), which will:
(1) Add an S2 or SC resurrection animation to all lundead monsters
(2) ISC.txt save bit changes (which means incompatibility with vanilla)
(3) Implement unused sounds
(4) Change the weapon Axe's code from axe to 1ax, so that in cubemain: 1ax will generate the weapon Axe and axe will generate a random axe.
(5) Expanded elemtypes.txt
(6) Add an element to almost every single skill
(7) item_elemskill that can be referenced and displays the proper element without wasting additional stats
(8) A few new stats that I think are useful
(9) Change MaxLvl in experience.txt to an absurdly high number so skills/oskills can go over level 99

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:52 pm

Great, i'll check the file as soon as you release it :)

Lywzc

Post by Lywzc » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:50 am

Do you have a version that only fix bugs, not adding additional stuff or change what is working properly due to preferences? For example the enabling of two runewords and some recent changes. Showing the wrong number is a bug but not showing the exact number is not. They may be beneficial for modders but I think they definitely do not belong to bugs.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:25 pm

Lywzc wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:50 am
Do you have a version that only fix bugs, not adding additional stuff or change what is working properly due to preferences? For example the enabling of two runewords and some recent changes. Showing the wrong number is a bug but not showing the exact number is not. They may be beneficial for modders but I think they definitely do not belong to bugs.
I was not aware that the unused runewords were enabled (that was carried over from the Fixed 1.13c Txt Files), but I agree that they should not be, they will be disabled in the next version of Overworked.

I also think that I shouldn't have moved the skills around, since it can cause more bugs than it's worth. That will be undone in the next version of Overworked (but retained in Superoverworked, maybe I should call it Modworked so that it's clear it is only intended for modding purposes?).

As for recent changes, I'd need you to be more specific. Most of the changes do not actually affect vanilla gameplay. For example, adding new properties, or adding new descriptions to unused stats has no relevance to vanilla gameplay, since they do not and cannot spawn on any vanilla equipment.

As for exact numbers being shown, I think that is important towards the player's understanding of the game. Are there any specific skills you are referring to? I'm guessing at least Charge, but would you even say that Raise Skeletal Mage should not display its damage, and that Energy Shield should not display its Telekinesis synergy?

Thanks for the feedback Lywzc!

Lywzc

Post by Lywzc » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:57 pm

Thanks for the reply. I may be somewhat too strict on what is a bug. But since this is "An Attempt at Fixing Bugs", I think it maybe better to fork a version that deals with bugs only, nothing more.

Adding extra information and more modding stuff are great in my opinion, but they are more like vanilla+ or vanilla modders edition than vanilla fixed. It is like SKSE and Unofficial Patch for Skyrim. Almost everyone likes SKSE but it would not fit in the scope of Unofficial Patch.

Then again this is just my rambling and I know I am just nitpicking so just ignore this if you do not feel the need. I am perfectly fine if no actual vanilla gameplay is affected other than bugs.
Last edited by Lywzc on Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:34 pm

Mate, could this error im having by hundreds lines in debug log be by the montype.txt changes for weapon-dmg% etc?

Invalid monster type at line 2728 of file C:\projects\D2\head\Diablo2\Source\D2Common\DATATBLS\MonsterTbls.cpp

EDIT: yeap, with my old montype no error. Can this be solved somehow?

EDIT 2: found the issue, you need to add an empty row at the very end of montypes.txt, without any info besides eol 0.

mengxuecen

Post by mengxuecen » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:50 pm

1、The first place: Missiles.txt 696,697,699,701,702 [skill] in [skill] can not be found.
2、In the second place, the [ShamanFire2,3,4,5] skills of MonStats.txt 59, 601, 61, 62 are missing.
3、The third lack of [Mon Inferno Sentry] skills

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b5 Overworked 1.13c Txt Files: An Attempt at Fixing Bugs

Post by Cypress » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:40 pm

Lywzc wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:57 pm
Thanks for the reply. I may be somewhat too strict on what is a bug. But since this is "An Attempt at Fixing Bugs", I think it maybe better to fork a version that deals with bugs only, nothing more.

Adding extra information and more modding stuff are great in my opinion, but they are more like vanilla+ or vanilla modders edition than vanilla fixed. It is like SKSE and Unofficial Patch for Skyrim. Almost everyone likes SKSE but it would not fit in the scope of Unofficial Patch.

Then again this is just my rambling and I know I am just nitpicking so just ignore this if you do not feel the need. I am perfectly fine if no actual vanilla gameplay is affected other than bugs.
It is difficult to compare Diablo 2 to other games with robust modding support. There is virtually no inter-mod compatibility in Diablo 2 (outside of hardcoding systems and plugins): you cannot install and play Battle For Elements, Median XL and Eastern Sun at the same time. Even very simple mods cannot be simultaneously installed, they would have to be compiled into one mod, one set of txt files. Any of the new changes or systems I add will not generate new compatibility errors with other mods, because there was never any compatibility to begin with (outside of re-creating changes and copy+paste). As such, for the sake of modding, you want to start with the most robust set of txt files. And ultimately, the purpose of this mod is for modding convenience and bug fixing. I do agree the title is confusing, so I can change that.

I suppose the main issue is that I can't think of any reason to create a bug-fix-only set of txt files. It would be harder to bug test, it would likely have fewer playtesters and the advantages of it over Overworked aren't clear. Who would it appeal to? If someone uses PlugY, then they already see no issue with hidden systems. If someone is an ultra-purist (i.e. someone that considers PlugY with just the extended stash to be cheating), then they would likely consider all bugs to be features, and therefore Overworked to be flawed in its very conception. If someone doesn't like the new descriptions/displays, they can be reverted by deleting a few lines in skilldesc.txt and itemstatcost.txt.

And yes, the intention is to keep the files with maximally vanilla gameplay, if you see any other disagreeable changes similar to Plague/Pattern being enabled, then please let me know. Thanks for your feedback, it does make me realize that I should try and keep Overworked v6 as stable as possible and stop adding new systems to it. Any new systems I can think of can be added to the unstable, save-incompatible edition.
erevos wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:34 pm
Mate, could this error im having by hundreds lines in debug log be by the montype.txt changes for weapon-dmg% etc?

Invalid monster type at line 2728 of file C:\projects\D2\head\Diablo2\Source\D2Common\DATATBLS\MonsterTbls.cpp

EDIT: yeap, with my old montype no error. Can this be solved somehow?

EDIT 2: found the issue, you need to add an empty row at the very end of montypes.txt, without any info besides eol 0.
Thanks for figuring that out, Erevos! That is corrected in 6b4.
mengxuecen wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:50 pm
1、The first place: Missiles.txt 696,697,699,701,702 [skill] in [skill] can not be found.
2、In the second place, the [ShamanFire2,3,4,5] skills of MonStats.txt 59, 601, 61, 62 are missing.
3、The third lack of [Mon Inferno Sentry] skills
Thanks mengxuecen! The mismatched capitalization is fixed in 6b4.

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Re: v6b5 Overworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Tomkomaster » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:11 pm

There are several unused object groups in ObjGroup.txt, which can be easily enabled in the game by adding their ID to Levels.txt. Some of those object groups are 11,12,13 and 73. Since these alter the gameplay a bit, I suggest to implement them in SuperOverworked if you want.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b5/v7 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Cypress » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:58 pm

Modworked v7 is now out. Some of the changes might seem weird, so let me know if they aren't desirable for modding purposes. For v8, I will:

•Finish implementing pseudostats (skills that act as stats), enabling items to give new behaviors without wasting any of the limited space in itemstatcost.txt. Some examples of pseudostats: a multiplier to enhanced damage on skills, a multiplier to synergy bonuses, increased trap shots/limit/damage, minion bonuses, increased area of effect, increased buff/debuff duration, a multiplier to buff/debuff bonuses, a multiplier to aura bonuses.
•Softcoded +skill dmg%, which allows for control over its function and allows missile hits to benefit.
•An item key system which will let the game know what your current weapon is (so benefits can be given based on weapon qualities, i.e. you could make it so Druid spells deal 50% more damage when wielding a two-hander). This should also allow me to fix numerous LCS display errors.
•Monster qualities, so montype-specific dmg%/AR% stats are more generally useful and interesting. For example, adding a size quality: +% Damage to Miniature will increase damage against small enemies like Fallens, Fetishes and Foul Crows; +% Damage to Middling will increase damage against human-sized enemies like Corrupt Rogues, Zombies and Reanimated Hordes; +% Damage to Massive will increase damage against huge enemies like Act Bosses, Balrogs and Blood Lords.
•Synergies moved to the pst columns, so that they can be referenced directly.

And again, if any of these proposed changes sound too unusual or undesirable or bad, let me know and I will hold off on adding them.

---
Tomkomaster wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:11 pm
There are several unused object groups in ObjGroup.txt, which can be easily enabled in the game by adding their ID to Levels.txt. Some of those object groups are 11,12,13 and 73. Since these alter the gameplay a bit, I suggest to implement them in SuperOverworked if you want.
Thanks! I added those to Modworked v7.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Re: v6b5/v7 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by erevos » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:03 pm

Of course add all this to v8. They sound awesome!

EDIT: How is possible to fix the description of a pseudostat on the item that increases poison/cold length? Its displaying as +10 for example, where it should had looked as 0,2 sec. I mean how can i do it look like this.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:11 pm

I can't think of a satisfying way to fix that with softcoding. Even Poison Damage duration on items (which has a hardcoded display) is given and displays in whole seconds. These are some ideas I came up with, but I doubt any of them will be desirable:

+111 to Elemental Length
(: +4.44 Seconds of Elemental Length :)

Each level of Elemental Length is worth +1 frames of length. The bottom stat is using the montype string to allow for arbitrary display. Allows for explanation of pseudostat function, but is ugly and bloated since the oskill/pseudostat also has to be displayed. You'd need to create a new string for every single value of Elemental Length used; horribly inefficient.

(: +4.44 Seconds of Elemental Length :)

Each level of Elemental Length is worth +1 frame of length (Elemental Length is hidden in this case). This requires a complete reworking of oskill display, which removes the skill display entirely and always uses the montype one in its place. Arguably better than the previous example, but it requires a lot of work to keep synchronized (every single skill ID in the game would have to have a respective montypes ID). Far too error-prone and time-consuming to consider.

+4 to Seconds of Elemental Length
+1 to 0.44 Seconds of Elemental Length

Each level of Seconds of Elemental Length is worth 25 frames of length, and each level of 0.44 Seconds of Elemental Length is worth 11 frames. Really ugly and, from a player's perspective, bizarre. You would need 25 pseudostats, 1 for Seconds and 24 for each fractional value (i.e. +1 to 0.04 Seconds, +1 to 0.08 Seconds... +1 to 0.96 Seconds). Far more efficient than the previous two examples at least.

---

Personally, I wouldn't use any of the above solutions, I consider displaying fractional seconds on an item to be effectively impossible. More realistic choices would be:
(1) Follow Blizzard's logic of only using whole seconds when item duration is involved (so as in the above examples, you wouldn't use 111 frames, you'd have to choose between 100 or 125 frames). Each value of Elemental Length would be multiplied by 25 to give seconds.
(2) Display in frames (i.e. +111 to Frames of Elemental Length). It might be somewhat confusing to players, but it should be understandable if they compare the duration of their elemental skills with and without the item.
(3) Make the pseudostat appear on the skill bar, make it unusable and give it a full skilldesc.txt entry which displays the duration in seconds. So it might display on items as +111 to Elemental Length, but they would notice the new skill gained, which converts the 111 to Elemental Length into a fractional display of seconds.

The best choice would be to hardcode in a new stat display which divides the value by 25 and can show fractional values to the hundredths place, although I have no idea how to do this.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:21 pm

I see, thanks for the thorough answer.

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:13 pm

I have an another hopefully useful addition and/or fix for modworked:

In weapons.txt, armors.txt and misc.txt, if you put 8 into the Transform and InvTrans columns for each weapon, armor and misc item, then all items can spawn in the game colored if they spawn with an affix that changes colors. This way you enable spawning of colored rings, amulets, charms, jewels, quivers and all items, for all rarities (even sets and uniques) which were previously unable to spawn with colors.

In uniqueitems.txt for example, there are official colors for amulets and rings, but they cannot spawn in game colored because they have those two columns set to 0, which means they cannot spawn colored.

If you use other numbers in those columns, then some items will spawn with strange colors, probably because they will read the palshift color indexes and those are meant for different colored monsters ? i dont know this for sure, but putting 8 in every row in those 3 files fixes and enables the colors on all items both in inventory and on the character.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:12 pm

Tomkomaster wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:13 pm

In weapons.txt, armors.txt and misc.txt, if you put 8 into the Transform and InvTrans columns for each weapon, armor and misc item, then all items can spawn in the game colored if they spawn with an affix that changes colors. This way you enable spawning of colored rings, amulets, charms, jewels, quivers and all items, for all rarities (even sets and uniques) which were previously unable to spawn with colors.

In uniqueitems.txt for example, there are official colors for amulets and rings, but they cannot spawn in game colored because they have those two columns set to 0, which means they cannot spawn colored.

If you use other numbers in those columns, then some items will spawn with strange colors, probably because they will read the palshift color indexes and those are meant for different colored monsters ? i dont know this for sure, but putting 8 in every row in those 3 files fixes and enables the colors on all items both in inventory and on the character.
Your suggestion changes only the inventory graphic color, right? not on the character. And what about transformcolor column? Does not need an entry?

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:45 pm

It does changes the color on the character if an item spawns with an affix that changes the color of the item. Like for example the prefix Vulpine, which in vanilla can spawn on shields and amulets and changes the items color to blue in the inventory and on the character too. However amulets which spawn with Vulpine affix have no changed color due to them having a 0 in both Transform and InvTrans columns. But with this change, the amulets which will spawn with the Vulpine affix will be blue (they have no graphics on the character so the blue color will be visible only in the inventory), which was intended by blizzard I think due to them having set colors for unique and set amulets and rings in uniqueitems.txt, but they didnt allow them to spawn with colors, so they always drop without any coloration.

I dont see column transformcolor in weapons, armors or misc.txt ? However, if you dont want the colors on the character, then just dont change the Transform column at all. Just change the InvTrans column if you want just the colors in Inventory screen.

Ive enabled the colors in my mod and now when I open a store to buy items, I know that the colored items have some kind of better affix. Also, Ive added a softcoded dye system, which lets you dye your items to any color (any color meaning defined in the game already), for which I needed to set those two columns to 8, otherwise the colors wont show at all on the items. So i think that this is a fix and a feature in 1 :-)

Otherwise this does not changes anything gameplaywise, its just a cosmetic change.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:48 pm

Thanks for the info. Im interested mainly on seeing the same color on inventory and character, of course on the items which can be shown.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:36 am

TransformColor only exists in the three affix files: magicprefix, magicsuffix and automagic.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:48 am

Myhrginoc wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:36 am
TransformColor only exists in the three affix files: magicprefix, magicsuffix and automagic.
Yeah sorry, my bad, confused the columns names. Thanks.

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:17 am

erevos wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:48 pm
Thanks for the info. Im interested mainly on seeing the same color on inventory and character, of course on the items which can be shown.
An item will have the same color in inventory and on the character if spawned with an affix that changes the color of the item.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:25 pm

Tomkomaster wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:17 am
erevos wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:48 pm
An item will have the same color in inventory and on the character if spawned with an affix that changes the color of the item.
Thanks a lot mate.

@Cypress, it seems that clvl is a bit exploitable, when you have points to add, wearing the item with clvl, gives you extra skill points to add. At least in 1.10 on my mod, pls test it too. Thanks!

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:24 pm

Tomkomaster wrote:

Thanks! I'll add that in the next version. That also reminds me that caps are always the same color when equipped (most infamously seen with the Harlequin Crest, which goes from green to brown), although I have been unable to figure out how to fix that.
erevos wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:25 pm
@Cypress, it seems that clvl is a bit exploitable, when you have points to add, wearing the item with clvl, gives you extra skill points to add. At least in 1.10 on my mod, pls test it too. Thanks!
I have been unable to replicate that issue in 1.10f and 1.13c. Are you able to cause this bug in Overworked? If so, could you send me your save files? Is it possible that this bug is caused by a hardcoded edit or plugin which modifies the number of skill points per level? Thanks for letting me know, if it is a persistent problem then I'll remove it from properties.txt and take away the save bits and description from itemstatcost.txt.

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:25 am

Cypress wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:24 pm
Tomkomaster wrote:

Thanks! I'll add that in the next version. That also reminds me that caps are always the same color when equipped (most infamously seen with the Harlequin Crest, which goes from green to brown), although I have been unable to figure out how to fix that.
erevos wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:25 pm
I have been unable to replicate that issue in 1.10f and 1.13c. Are you able to cause this bug in Overworked? If so, could you send me your save files? Is it possible that this bug is caused by a hardcoded edit or plugin which modifies the number of skill points per level? Thanks for letting me know, if it is a persistent problem then I'll remove it from properties.txt and take away the save bits and description from itemstatcost.txt.
This addition fixes that too :-)

As for the clvl property, Im using basemod plugin, plugy, and your fixed txt files, created a test affix to see if it is bugged or not, and its NOT bugged. When I equipped a weapon with a property +4 character level, only my character level was raised, it doesnt gave me extra skill or stat points. The bug is possibly only there when indeed a plugin modifies the number of skill points per level, which I dont enabled from any plugin in my mod, so i didnt tested this part.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:28 am

Ok, thanks for checking it out @Cypress. Yes i have CE modification for skill points. No need to remove it since its working as intented in vanilla.

eleriaqueen
France

Post by eleriaqueen » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:03 pm

Hi Cypress, is it intended that in Overworked, 'Dopplezon' skilldesc uses both a custom string 'stringlife' and 'StrSkill42' that resolve to the same string -> 'Life:'

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”