Ersatz Meeklings

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Cypress
Champion of the Light

Ersatz Meeklings

Post by Cypress » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:06 pm

This is my first mod. It's pretty big, the main idea is to make things more interesting, by improving various skills and items. But note that this mod is a mess since I abruptly gave up on it a year ago; many things are unfinished. But if there's interest, I'll update it some more.

https://mega.nz/folder/kbI3CYxT#pPW9PlH4eNwlAwoMCEvETA

The documentation included is not 100% thorough, but it's close to it. There are around 100 other txt documents that I made but aren't included, but I think they'd just make things more confusing than they already are. A lot of the txt documents also have worthless information, systems that aren't implemented yet and incomplete content. Anything with {} means it isn't in the game yet. Anything written in strict lowercase probably isn't in the game either. Files with the 001 designation are the most complete txt files and are almost entirely implemented.

The txt files are also intentionally unencrypted, so feel free to look into them and steal skills or items or systems or whatever. Just note that a lot of things are based on multilayered, spaghettified systems, so it won't necessarily be easy to take things from this mod. If you want to know how I did something, just ask.

MAJOR CHANGES THAT I REMEMBER:
All uniques are reworked, and you can "ersatzify" uniques by cubing them with a stamina potion, which kind of works like Median XL unique tiering.
All sets are reworked, and any class can use sets by "shifting" class-specific sets, transforming them into pieces that can be used by anyone (although usually the shifted set item is weaker).
Runewords are disabled since I can't think of a way to keep them around without them being worthless or invalidating the existence of magics/rares (I think I disabled them anyways, not 100% certain on that).
Almost every single monster is reworked, and they usually have 6 qualities, which you may gain damage bonuses against (i.e. Langer Briser deals bonus damage against Wtls=Witless enemies, which are things like Zombies and Maggot Babies and Skeletons).
Most magic affixes are reworked.
Every single LoD skill is reworked and every skill has an element.
Tons of new stats and pseudostats (which are oskills that pretend to be stats).
Hundreds of new skills, which use an archetype and shared synergy system, allowing you to scale oskills with your own skills (some of which aren't actually complete and won't work).
A weapon splash system that doesn't trigger hit effects; weapons behave differently with it in that rangeadder and splash damage are inversely proportional, so a Hand Axe will do more splash damage than a Spear, but a Spear will have much more splash radius; even bows have splash damage (note that this system does not use nextdelay, so you can freely use it with novas and the like).
Many new systems, many of which I've probably forgotten about.
Extreme bug fixing, Overworked is based on this mod (in some ways it's more fixed, in some ways less).

Let me know what you think. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. If you should find something you are interested in is not complete yet, tell me what it is and I'll work on that first.
Last edited by Cypress on Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whaag
Germany

Re: Release: Ersatz Meeklings

Post by Whaag » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:31 am

Awesome, thanks.
I am very curious because I always find your posts very helpfull! I will dive into it over the weekend.

moscitor
Germany

Post by moscitor » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:03 pm

at the first glance it seems that plugy isnt working (c00005)
with plugy deactivated everything seems fine (Ama Lvl 12)

edit: cant kill carvers in underground passage :O
There is as much risk in doing nothing as in doing something

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:26 pm

moscitor wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:03 pm
at the first glance it seems that plugy isnt working (c00005)
with plugy deactivated everything seems fine (Ama Lvl 12)

edit: cant kill carvers in underground passage :O
Thanks, those issues should be fixed now. It is worth noting that while I described this mod as having "extreme bug fixing", it has very little quality control/testing, so overall it's going to be far more buggy than vanilla. This is worsened by my inexperience at the time, which led me to make many awkward changes (i.e. setting Carvers to level 99 instead of using a new test monster).

andsimo
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Christmas Island

Re: Ersatz Meeklings

Post by andsimo » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:13 am

rings and amulets cannot be equipped, though req lvl is matched
(p.s. after kill Bishibosh and equip sorc charm, it works)
Last edited by andsimo on Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mods observer

moscitor
Germany

Post by moscitor » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:49 am

my sorc made it through underground passage :)
players set to 1 and slooow killing.
those beasts drop nice things i.e. for Lvl 33 and higher

interesting....
There is as much risk in doing nothing as in doing something

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:16 pm

I really hope you continue it and i love the included documentation, its inspiring! I hope you release the rest of it to.

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”