a mod in progress

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
user1047x
United States of America

a mod in progress

Post by user1047x » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:29 am

sitting down with some long editing to do, i have started a different kind of "super" monster mod, creating my own txt files from scratch, one at a time, it should be an "intense" mod, but will take some time building. :lol:

user1047x
United States of America

Re: a mod in progress

Post by user1047x » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:20 pm

building is low but ongoing, if i get enough done, to start "static" testing, I'll post a shot or two in the d2 gallery folder,, if i ever get it that far, long hours of editing and all that.. 8-O

user1047x
United States of America

Post by user1047x » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:51 am

well, now that i have got my base layout done, and time to get all my txt files edited for all the changes i want to make in the game, let me tell a few details about this, "insane" project i am building,, (every mod needs a story),, So, i have been playing d2 lod, since it's release, way back when, and have played and collected just about every mod for d2 out there, and with all my time with d2se and mods, i have yet to see a mod taken to the level of the one i am building now.. 8-O ,,

here let me layout a few specs,,

mod starts at a 24 player "sim", making monsters tougher and longer time to kill with "mass" battles,,

all players start with the cube, and are set for an even start in the game,,

increased monster mass 200% thru the whole game, with the latest treasure content update file,,

gambling has been changed to full standard gear for better starting the game, all the "super" gear drops out in the world,,

because of the whole mass of monsters, i raised the maximum level for very long term play, your going to need it,,

so not only is it a unreal mass monster battle mod, but i went one step beyond and added a strange, odd, off the wall twist to the game, you never been through or seen in a mod before.
:mrgreen: ,,

so it should be quite a different play for this old game,,

well back to editing... :lol:

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:15 pm

Haven't you played Median or Back to Hellfire? They are "insane" mods, but most people's standards...
You really could check their gameplay on youtube.

I'd suggest you to present your idea on a more organized way.
If you organize ideas by categories, people can understand what you are trying to do and can help you out in some way. (play testing, suggestion, explaining how to edit something)

You can also use formatting and the edit function instead of replying to yourself while typing hastily.
Think of this thread as your mod sale's pitch.
Last edited by Desocupado on Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

user1047x
United States of America

Post by user1047x » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:38 pm

thanks. i will work on that..

user1047x
United States of America

Post by user1047x » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:54 am

running the final tests, when finished, i guess i would share it here.???

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”