Review: Bando Mod and a few others

This forum is exclusively for members to give feedback on the Keep's mod reviews as well for posting your own. NOTICE: Forum temporarily closed down for "renovations".

Moderator: Maxx Power

ramupl

Review: Bando Mod and a few others

Post by ramupl » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:06 am

I have been playing around with mods for a fairly short period of time but among the various mods which I have tried, including Ancestral Recall, Hell on Earth, Cryptforge, Master of Arms, Eastern Sun and the Bando mod.

The ones which really stand out for me are:

a. Master of Arms : This is a really interesting mod concept. Its nice that you can customize your items as you grow and not need to hunt around for good items. Its quite playable too just the fact that you dont get item drops does take a little getting used too. The item selection though great for starting out does seem to get a little limited later on.

b. Eastern Sun : Another great mod. Unlike most other mods it doesnt change the gameplay too much. And you can create decent characters pretty quickly.

and finally the Bando mod. This is my favorite all time mod. I know its basically a mix-up of various other mods but its fantastic. The main features of the mod are:
a. Super fast level ups (you are level 12 by the time you kill Corpsefire)
b. A lot of uniques (And the ability to generate the uniques you want from the Cube - Now I can create a Burizon without having to use a Charater Editor)
c. Max Level 250 (So inexperienced players like myself dont need to start all over again if they messed up skill point allocations)

In a typical Diablo II:LOD game it takes me about 3-4 days to get to Andariel and kill her. With this mod it takes me a couple of hours. In 3-4 days I kill Baal! Which for players like myself is great.

I cannot afford to spend too much time and the little time I spend is quite rewarding. I also get to try out different classes and sub-classes.

The only things I would like added in this already great mod is Runewords (They dont work for some reason)

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Re: Review: Bando Mod and a few others

Post by Eisead » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:52 am

Good stuff.

Yah, Master of Arms is a cool mod. Eastern sun has always been '1.10' for alot of realms players. The community is strong and the nice mix of items and play options is nice.

Mastadex
Paladin

Post by Mastadex » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:12 am

Either im blind or its really late, but i cant find this bando mod, got a link for it?

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:37 am

[quote=Mastadex";p="141669"]Either im blind or its really late, but i cant find this bando mod, got a link for it?[/quote]

This one you mean?

tkatk

Post by tkatk » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:58 am

[quote=ramupl";p="137678"]I
and finally the Bando mod. This is my favorite all time mod. I know its basically a mix-up of various other mods but its fantastic. The main features of the mod are:
a. Super fast level ups (you are level 12 by the time you kill Corpsefire)
b. A lot of uniques (And the ability to generate the uniques you want from the Cube - Now I can create a Burizon without having to use a Charater Editor)
c. Max Level 250 (So inexperienced players like myself dont need to start all over again if they messed up skill point allocations)

In a typical Diablo II:LOD game it takes me about 3-4 days to get to Andariel and kill her. With this mod it takes me a couple of hours. In 3-4 days I kill Baal! Which for players like myself is great.
[/quote]

i dunno why people lik cheat mods so much,i can kill ball in 1-2 days on normal without mods

cafa
Paladin

Post by cafa » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:49 am

[quote=tkatk";p="146734"]
i dunno why people lik cheat mods so much,i can kill ball in 1-2 days on normal without mods
[/quote]

give me a big coca-cola and some sandwiches and i finish it in some hours :mrgreen:
but the mods are cool, mostly the 'add-monsters' type mods

Return to “Mod Reviews”