"Seasons After v3.20d" Reviewed

This forum is exclusively for members to give feedback on the Keep's mod reviews as well for posting your own. NOTICE: Forum temporarily closed down for "renovations".

Moderator: Maxx Power

No votes

Total votes: 0

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

"Seasons After v3.20d" Reviewed

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:22 pm

Just to let everyone know, I've posted Eisead's review of Seasons After v3.20d by Enq so feel free to post your comments here.

http://www.d2mods.com/reviews-eisead-3- ... er320d.php

I'm sure Eisead will add in a somewhat more enthusiastic feedback request in this thread later ;)

{unstickyed it} -Eisead
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: "Seasons After v3.20d" Reviewed

Post by Alkalund » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:34 pm

Thanks for the review Eisead, that was a very pleasant reading. enq is doing a fantastic job with Seasons After indeed :)

By the way, the following paragraph is written twice in the review:
Overall I would say this mod is doing well. It has a while to go before it will reach 'legendary' status but it did actually achieve the goal of balance and playability, but re-playability is a different story. It was great to take the first guy to nightmare but the other 3 it was a bit of a crawl. I'm also sure that this mod is going to eventually need to get into the mainstream of .ds1 editing and more customized skills.
This might need fixing Phrozen ;)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: "Seasons After v3.20d" Reviewed

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:57 am

Will do :)

[edit] Done.
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

keneda

a great mod, so far

Post by keneda » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:54 pm

I got me a nice little paladin, taken him up to lvl24 i think? Just about to finish act2. I would totally agree that your monster balancing is just plan awesome! aside from some of the end bosses being a bit weak, the regular monsters are well done. I like having a lot of small packs of monsters with a unique boss. I started playing the SA mod cuz ZyEl is just way to laggy with all the extra monsters in there, I'm glade you chose to balance the monsters rather then just all a ton more.

I may take the time for a full review of the mod after i beat it on normal difficulty.

Couple things:

1. Stash/Inv/Cube size. I know you don't want to increase it, but come on! Without a nice big stash it's so hard to hold onto set items. Or perhaps you could increase the rate at which set items drop?
2. I love that new PDF you made with crafting instructions, do you plan on adding all the ruin words, all the new uniques, and set items to that document? It would be nice to know what sets I should be trying to find playing as the paladin.
3. Socketed rings/ams? I know you want balance, but.
4. Great WORK! Keep it up!

Return to “Mod Reviews”