rav3n" wrote:DoomsDay Mod v1.1 for LoD 1.09
by rav3n - email@example.com
:: The Idea
The basic concept of DoomsDay is to re-design Diablo 2 in an innovative way.
I wanted underused aspects of the game such as Gold management, Crafted Items, Gambling,
Potions and Gems, etc. to have a real utility even in high-levels. Also I completely edited
all Skills and Skill Trees, so that the old character concepts such as SF/Frozen Orb
Sorceress or WW Barb with polearms become weaker, and new strategies need to be discovered.
To spice things up there are lots (I mean, LOTS) of new features related to itens, monsters,
and game mechanics in general. Overall, the game is slightly more difficult, but much cooler to play...
:: The Changes
- Increased monster HP and stats to simulate a 8-player Game.
- Completely re-edited Skills and Skills trees. They were improved to match the stronger monsters and some of them now work in a totally different way.
- Max Character Level is now 250 instead of 99, and Max Skill Level is now 30 instead of 20.
- ALL D2X Unique Items and Set Items are gone. I created 800+ new Unique Items and Set Items to replace them.
- Now there are Unique Item versions for Charms, Jewels and Throwing Weapons.
- Lots of new Magic Prefixes and Affixes.
- All Monsters have Descriptor displaying lots of information about them such as Resistances and Abilities.
- Characters that used to suck in D2X can do pretty well in DoomsDay, such as Axe Barbarian with Frenzy (Bersekers) and Paladins with Zeal as main attack (Zealots).
- Hirelings have new abilities and spells as well as improved Hit Points and Damage. They are not dead-weight anymore.
- Some Waypoints have been moved somewhere else to prevent "Runs".
- All vendors now have maximum buy price at 50k Normal, 100k Nightmare and 150k Hell, but they only buy at 25% taxes instead of 50%
- All Potions are now 2x more expensive than they were before
- Introduced lots of new items such as Candles and Mage Flasks that are used in some Craft Recipes or can be sold for decent amounts of Gold.
- Gamble is now more expensive.
- Unique, Set and Rare items are easier to Gamble. They were nearly impossible to find through gamble in D2X.
- Gems now have real use in the game. They are much more powerful and they are needed in a wide range of new Cube Recipes but you can't find any gem better than Flawed quality. The only way to achieve high-quality gems is to buy them in the vendors for a huge amount of gold.
- Almost all areas in the game are bigger, although Act 3 is smaller right now.
- Created 50+ TOTALLY NEW monsters and also increased the range of monsters that can appear in all areas of the game. (eg. Den of Evil spawned 4 different types of monsters in D2X, in Doomsday there are 7 types in there).
- Some Super-unique monsters are gone and to replace them there are brand new ones such as Gangaturr the Fanatic and the Carver Elite (Rakanishu, Bishibosh, Daggoth and Ilrak).
- Bosses are much stronger than they used to be, but also much more rewarding.
- Lots of areas have bigger Monster Density to increase challenge.
- Some areas such as Tristram, Duriel's Lair etc., have been completely re-done via DS1 editing.
- Removed the Hell Immunities of all monsters and added decent resistance to all elements instead of complete immunity to a single one.
- Changed starting equipment for almost all characters.
- Gloves, Boots, Belts, Helms and Shields have bigger Defense now. Specially the Shields that can now reach 300 Defense!
- Included lots of new base items such as the Throwing Hammer, Coif, Edge, Banded Plate and some Class-specific items such as the Nomad Axe and the Stabbing Knife.
- Axes, Maces, Throwing Weapons and Daggers are more powerful now than they were in D2X.
- All areas have more Random Bosses and Champions.
- Removed the "diminishing returns" applied to drop rates when the character has high levels of Magic Find.
- Thawing Potions, Stamina Potions, Antidote Potions, and all Poison-Damage and Fire-Damage Potions are less likely to drop.
- You can buy better Potions earlier in the Game (eg. Greater Healing Potions are avaliable Act 2 Normal).
- All stacking items, weapons or not, now have a much bigger Max Stack.
- There is a bigger chance of a Unique, Set, or Rare item dropping, which right now are much more powerful then they used to be.
- Now the Horadric Cube is dropped by the Den of Evil boss as well as in Halls Of The Dead Level 3.
- 100+ new Craft Recipes, which right now are extremely important for your character's survival through the whole game.
- 50+ new Runewords. Some use very common runes, so even in low-lvl play you can make Runewords. Some are so powerful that you won't be able to make them until lvl 80+.
- Use of .dll Edit to fix some D2 Bugs
Target Release Date: 3rd Week of February (yes, a 1 week delay due to some unexpected problems with Level Editing... sorry guys)