DoomsDay Unique Items

The mod developer has closed this project and moved on to Blackened.

No votes

Total votes: 0

rav3n
Paladin

DoomsDay Unique Items

Post by rav3n » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:32 pm

DoomsDay Unique Items

Back then, in 1.03...
By now, you guys know that DoomsDay 1.1 is the new version of the original DoomsDay 1.0 released 2 years ago, when D2C was still 1.03. One of the main attractions of the mods was it's cool and original Items Gallore. I remember a extensive (500+ posts) topic on the old Doom Forum where all players posted their achiviements, which became insanely movimented when some guy found a Tannr Gorerod, unique pike. Since it interested so much the players, I tought of making a similar topic with the new DD.

Already lots of items, and some flashbacks!
There are already tons of items of the new DD in the Features/Items section of the website. This is a fun read, so you should take your time to know what to gamble to :)

And altough there are only Normal Items, and not all of them, there are already some items that were part of the first DD, such as the The Skyshrouder Axe (imo, the best non-expecitional non-elite weapon in the game...), The Tannr Gorerod, Vertigo Blade, Bog Raider, Dwarven Fury and so on... but the best items, who were really the ultimate a equipament a character could use in D2C, will be the Elite Items of the new DD, such as the Overkiller axe, Apocalyptica sword, The Invencile Armor, Golden Brand sword, Moonwalker boots and so on.

And now, your opinion!
So, what YOU guys thinking of the items so far? Overpowered, weak, balanced? Original, Unoriginal? You have an item idea? You developed some cool strategy using an item, like the popular combo The Tannr Gorerod + Impale used by Spearzons in the first DD? POST IT!

This topic will be kept to discuss the items. Later I'll also make topics to discuss other aspects of the game, such as Skills and Monsters.

cya! peace.
Last edited by rav3n on Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)
Currently working on the Blackned MOD

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: DoomsDay Unique Items

Post by Alkalund » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:52 am

Items are good from what I could see so far... good affix variation, some nice combinations, modest affix ranges instead of just stuff with some killer mods on it.

About the Skyshrouder Axe: it looks like a bit tooo much compared to the other axes. Especially the - to requirements. Ok it lacks resistances, but +2 all skills, +20STR, +60HP, +30mana and huge cold damage is overkill compared to what you seem to be aiming with your other items. Just a thought. Perhaps removing the 20-30 cold dmg, giving like 10 or so to strength, +30HP and removing the -25% requirements might be better.

Xenobi
Paladin

Post by Xenobi » Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:51 am

yeah they look pretty cool but if you need some ideas i could always help my aim is metaltyrant712 ive been waiting to talk to you about how great your mod is but you havent been on aim
Whenever my character is having trouble, I reset the game, but what happens to that world I reset? It's only a virtual world I realize, but thoughts turn into reality, and I fear that the world I abandoned was overcome by evil...

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:09 am

i just got online and now i logged into AIM :P
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:30 am

[quote=Alkalund";p="62279"]Items are good from what I could see so far... good affix variation, some nice combinations, modest affix ranges instead of just stuff with some killer mods on it.

About the Skyshrouder Axe: it looks like a bit tooo much compared to the other axes. Especially the - to requirements. Ok it lacks resistances, but +2 all skills, +20STR, +60HP, +30mana and huge cold damage is overkill compared to what you seem to be aiming with your other items. Just a thought. Perhaps removing the 20-30 cold dmg, giving like 10 or so to strength, +30HP and removing the -25% requirements might be better.[/quote]

dammit, i just figured the stats were alll wrong
it was like a mix of 2 items
it had like "adds 20-30 cold damage" and right below "adds 1-50 cold damage" lol

i'll post the correct stats soon
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Xenobi
Paladin

Post by Xenobi » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:25 am

i think the items are 1337 roxors....especially the paladin ones *wink wink* ;)
Whenever my character is having trouble, I reset the game, but what happens to that world I reset? It's only a virtual world I realize, but thoughts turn into reality, and I fear that the world I abandoned was overcome by evil...

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:39 am

@Xenobis: I got rid of the double posting for you. Next time, you can use the delete button that appears on your last post for a while after you post, and before anyone else replies ;)

Xenobi
Paladin

Post by Xenobi » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:48 am

yeah i know..i um...eh..forgot¿

hey look...free cookies!!

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:08 am

if you guys want to have a look at one high-lvl set, check out Pierre Tombale's Ensemble at the website! :)
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:14 am

Really Nice :mrgreen: the items alone may not be exactly powerful, it is the partial bonuses in each for having extra items in the sets that make them interesting. I like it, good approach to the set :bravo:

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:21 am

Just so you're aware the elemental damage in items shouldn't be added to the final, such as your Dirk with 100% ED it shouldn't be such high damage but since you added in the poison damage which gets ADDED after all your str/dex calculations are done by that ammount and is not enhanced your damage for your dirk is wwaayy too high

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:44 am

i think it's correct

dirk dmg: 3-9
+100%: 6-18
+64 poison: 70-82

in the site it's listed 70-84 but i'll fix that soon
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:12 am

nonono thats not it, you DO NOT add any elemental damage into the final damage output. Ok following your example:

Dirk
3-9 damage
100% = 6 - 18
that is the final damage. say on your character screen with the dagger and 50 str and no other modifiers it should say something like 9 - 27. Than with the poison damage the character screen would be 73 - 91. I'm not saying your calculations are incorrect, its just that one could get confused easily because 70-82 dmg displayed would be rather confusing if you trying to do str/dex modifiers. You know what i mean?

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:16 pm

the damage displayed in the unique items section are the total damage the item can do, now what they'll do when u equip them

it does not take into account things like str/dex, other items' modifiers etc, since the possibilities are so much it would be impossible correctly the damage :)

if you equip the item in a level 1 character with 0 str (of course that's just an example) with no other item, the damage displayed is exactly what is listed in the items page :)

thx anyway!
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:15 am

Ok, it's your mod. I'll let you do as you please. Good luck

tiger

Post by tiger » Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:47 am

i think what he means is that the item description damage total should show the item damage (physical only)

not adding the elemental/magic bonuses on top of the physical, because that is where it would make it difficult to calculate modifiers such as str/dex etc.

if that makes any sense...
-im new, be nice :)

tiger

Post by tiger » Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:54 am

btw, that is important for ppl that are into dueling...

or just efficiency mongers with their characters, like i tend to be.
-im new, be nice :)

*Astalion*
Arch-Angel

Post by *Astalion* » Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:58 am

Tiger, when you have something to add to your post, and noone has posted after you, please use the edit button.

For the display on the site I totally agree, it really shouldnt have elemental damage in the listed damage, it should be like in-game.
--About me:
--Links: Forum ToS / Prophecy of Shadows Site / Forum
--Interesting statements: The statement to the right is false - [color=#00ffff]The statement to the left is true - [color=#00ff00]This statement is false

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:50 pm

gah, i have the same problem with poison damage :(. I have editied Ice Blast to poison blast and it does poison damage, but the display at the bottom right (for the description) says 0 damage. But when you go to the char stat screen, it says the real damage that is supposed to be there. I am afraid this will make some sorc users forget about ice blast when it is a good spell in the beginning. (heh heh but it has the same lvl req as searing flame, so it migth have some competition :) )
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

*Astalion*
Arch-Angel

Post by *Astalion* » Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:57 pm

Chaoticdeath: This isnt the same problem. Your problem is in-game with skills, while this one is on the site with items (and this one isnt reallt a problem, just different opinions on how it should be).

Your problem can be solved by using the skill description tables, which can be found as a thread in the code editing forum or in spins offset sheet.
--About me:
--Links: Forum ToS / Prophecy of Shadows Site / Forum
--Interesting statements: The statement to the right is false - [color=#00ffff]The statement to the left is true - [color=#00ff00]This statement is false

Return to “DoomsDay”