This is the first in a series of mini-tournaments which will increase in difficulty as your character “evolves” and will eventually become a major as scores will be carried forward to each subsequent chapter!
Please read the entire ruleset carefully before beginning. You are responsible for knowing all rules. It’s straightforward, but infractions may result in points deductions or disqualification. Any use of 3rd party map-revealing software, h@cks, editors and use of the -Act switch is not allowed.
Character. Create 1 new character, any you choose is fine apart from a Paladin “summoner” but must be SC only. Register before beginning and always use the Current Zy-El Patch.
Multiplay. No multiplay allowed. This is a single player tournament only.
Skill/Stat reallocation is NOT allowed.
Skill Restrictions. No skill restrictions apart from Paladins who are not allowed to summon in any shape or form and no matter the source of the summons (CtC, Charges etc). The “Conversion” skill is allowed as it is not technically a summoning skill.
Rerunning. Rerunning areas is fine. As your character and the tournament both evolve so shall the rules and we will make a ruling on returning to previous difficulties when we get to that stage. That means at least 4 Chapters before that happens.
Shared Stash. You must start with a new empty stash (both shared and personal). You can dump any items into Shared/Personal Stash pages. You will need to and want to do so in order to “evolve”. See below.
Equipment. Chapter One sees you emerge from the cosmic soup as an Amoeba and takes place in Act 1 Normal mode. As you are just starting out, you can only use white items which will include runewords but any runewords you make must be <= your character level. Whether you actually use them is up to you but you must be able to equip all runewords that you make. No making an “Oath of <char>” before you are level 255 for example. As mentioned above, any other items may be stored for future use but you can NOT equip them. This restriction stays in place until you rescue Cain, at which point he imparts to you the secrets of making Minor CHoMs. At this point you are only allowed minor CHoMs in addition to the aforementioned “whites”.
Recipes. Any recipes that use items that are not in the equipment list must not be used to modify gear you find, gamble or are using (see the exception for downgrading immediately below).
Downgrading. Downgrade recipes can be used to make an item that this chapter allows the use of. Any other downgraded items must be stored in your stash.
Mercs. No restrictions on hiring and firing. The same item restrictions apply to mercs as to your character at all times.
Death. Deaths will not count in Act 1 until your hero is ready to do the Andariel quest and at this point, the accumulated knowledge of the entire Rogue Camp residents, including yourself and Cain, make the discovery of transmuting minor posters. From this point on, all deaths will count, regardless of whether you have managed to make a poster or not. Deaths will incur a 0.005% reduction in your Evolution Modifier (EM),
RW: 1st runeword made = 500 pts. (Must be made in Act 1 normal and must be <= you character level. Whether you use runewords or not is up to you)
CHoM: 1st minor CHoM made = 1500 pts. (Must be made after rescuing Cain but before advancing to Act 2. Any made after this can be used but do not score)
POST: 1st minor poster made = 3000 pts. (Must be made after you get the quest for but before killing Andariel and can only be a minor poster. Album and Major posters will not score and can not be used. Any minor posters made after this can be used but do not score. Whether you use minor posters or not is up to you).
AC: Act Completion results in an award of 5000 pts.
EM: The Evolution Modifier starts at 1.00 but deaths after Cain gives you the news that you must kill Andariel will result in a 0.005% penalty.
TOTAL: Total points = RW + CHoM + POST + AC * EM
Perfect Score Example => 500 + 1500 + 3000 + 5000 * 1.00 = 10000
1 Death Example => 500 + 1500 + 3000 + 5000 * 0.995 = 9950
No Death, No Poster Example => 500 + 1500 + 0 + 5000 * 1.00 = 7000
NB: A Perfect Score will allow you to start with an Evolution Modifier of 1.005% in Chapter 2.
Tournament is Active! Register and Begin Any Time. Tournament Ends — When No Updates Have Been Made in 30 Days or All Entrants Have Completed Act 1 or 90 Days From The Day You Start Your Character.....Then It Will Be On To Chapter 2!
Code: Select all
Player Character/Class RW CHoM POST AC EM TOTAL -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Al-T Dora/Ama 0 0 0 0 1.000 0
Another question might be "are the rules ready for the other chapters and how many will there be?". The answer is, Chapters 2 & 3 rulesets are ready in the main but we may need to make minor tweaks to them after seeing how Chapter 1 progresses. There will be at least 15 Chapters, 5 Acts in 3 Modes (Normal, NM & Hell) but there will also be additional chapters for areas such as the Insanity levels and other side quests. There is a huge amount that Hans and I can do with this one but having it split into chapters gives players smaller, more manageable challenges and allows Hans and I the time to perfect the rules for each successive chapter while the previous ones are in progress.
Good luck, everyone! — Al & Hans.
From time to time in each Chapter there will be a cosmic disruption caused by the "Alignment of The Trillion Cubes" which will, in the main, impose restrictions upon your character but sometimes give you access to all your godly skills and items. There may be more than one alignment in each Chapter but in each case there will be an optional side quest for you to participate in.
Chapter One Optional Side Quest - "Escape from Chaos"
There has been an "Alignment of The Trillion Cubes" causing disruption and chaos to your universe....read on
(1) The cosmic imbalance caused by the "Alignment of The Trillion Cubes" means you have been captured and must make your escape from the Jail Waypoint to the Inner Cloister Waypoint in one single run with only items you find on your escape attempt. If you die before you reach the Inner Cloister Waypoint then your attempt at this side quest is finished with no gains.
(2) Another side effect of this alignment is that you have been more or less stripped of all items and abilities and your character is naked apart from 5 charms, 1 of which may be a CHoM and the other 4 can be the best/most needed charms of your choice (they must only be charms you have already made and can use in Chapter One). Posters are NOT allowed. You are also not allowed to tp back to town so no TP books or scrolls are allowed. ID scrolls/books and keys are all you are allowed in addition to the aforementioned charms when starting this side quest.
(3) All magic and physical powers are also in "stasis" due to the imbalance so this really is an escape attempt. You are not allowed to use any summons/caster spells or engage in direct melee combat unless you are (a) completely surrounded, (b) need to clear a path to run through or (c) your life is in imminent danger.
(4) You may play at any setting from Players 1 through to Players 127 and you may only equip items which drop from chests/monsters. You may even equip items that are not allowed normally in Chapter One, so if you get a nice unique ring/charm etc., equip it. You can ID items in field only as long as you have ID scrolls to do so. You may not tp back to town to get Cain to do this. If you do make your escape to the Inner Cloister waypoint, you must immediately go back to town and place all items that aren't allowed in Chapter One in your stash or sell them.
(5) Your merc has suffered the same fate as you have (poor sod). You must strip your merc of all equipment (place them in the stash) but can take them to start this side quest as long as they are completely naked. As you can't tp to town, if they die that's very sad but also too bad.
(6) Level restriciton:- You must be <= level 75 when you start this quest.
Completing your escape from the chaotic "Alignment of The Trillion Cubes" in a single run allows you to add 0.005% to your Evolution Modifier. Any deaths do not incur any penalties other than you are now excluded from this side quest and can not gain the additional 0.005%.
Good luck, everyone! — Al & Hans.