Treasure cards recipe and other questions

Information and updates for the Zy-El mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: d2vern, Kato

MuTanT

Treasure cards recipe and other questions

Post by MuTanT » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:41 pm

After countless "chest-runs" on players 127 i have found a LOT of treasure cards(see picture), all of them 2's except the jokers, i read on the wiki a bunch of recipes, but so far none have worked, the game just freezes for around 2 seconds, but nothing is transformed, and i wonder what i am doing wrong.

Also, whats up with all the diffrent posters? i havent been able to collect one whole yet, any tips on that?
And now that im asking questions anyways, i managed to make a CHoM which i have set to healing now, however i would like to change it to masters or something, but the drain is killing me, any way to get a little +replenishing life to equal it out?

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bro
Champion of the Light

Re: Treasure cards recipe and other questions

Post by bro » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:46 pm

You need to change from thumbnail to full card. You need 7 cards to use recipe (read on wiki). How many RAM do you have? Zy-El slows down on low RAM computers when using recipes because of huge cubemain.bin file.

MuTanT

Post by MuTanT » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:57 pm

I just tried "un-thumbnailing" them, and it worked now =) however the i made the "2 of each of the cards" recipe, but it didnt become as good as i expected, when you roll items with treasure cards is it then based on your level? because im only level 22 :P

Also about the slowing down, its only when i press transmute, other than that it runs smoothly, so no trouble there.

By the way, do you have any tips on collecting gold? i cant seem to collect enough gold to actually start to craft a bit...

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:37 am

Output is not based on level (probably). Best result from 2 and any higher you can get transmuting 7x2 of swords/talons/stars.

Tips on collecting gold... Nope... Maybe veterans will help (Al-T, Hans)... But I think you will not be able to make good crafts until you complete Act III and doing Mephisto runs for Zy Runes.

EDIT:
Thanks to Zy Runes you can create Zy-El Scrolls and do Megaload crafting. HUGE % to GF will help you a lot on crafting because you will be able to buy Zy Runes. Those are only buyable in act V and are expensive.

drconfused

Post by drconfused » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:47 am

I would focus on getting levels under your belt first thing.
Make a plan for each time that you play. Don't make every run about collecting treasure as you will level slower and the gold will come in slower as well.
If your doing an experience run limit yourself to picking up scrolls and treasure cards.
I always transmute my jokers (5xJokers = random #2 face card with hi chance of being talon/sword/star).
Get to act 3 asap, by this time you should have a Master ChoM and a couple pieces of gear that will offset life drain if you use the Master setting, by the time you have got to Travincal you will have made up to a million in gold if you play on players 10.

I assume you are doing a necromancer. Stop putting points in skeletons at 15 and focus on mastery and getting +skill gear and charms (ernie).
When you get the magi put a point or two in to them but focus mainly on skeleton mastery.

Have fun Zy-Eling!

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:23 am

Try using ChoMs in pairs. A Healer and a Master work together very nicely.

Rahhja
Paladin

Post by Rahhja » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Also when you make an amulet using 7 of the same suit and number it usually turns out to have a bunch of replenish life on it like this one.

Return to “Zy-El: Trial by Fire”