Couple of questions.

Information and updates for the Zy-El mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: d2vern, Kato

TheLaw118

Couple of questions.

Post by TheLaw118 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:14 am

Yea i just picked up this normal Tall charm, it has level 6 bone armor, level 6 skeleton, and level 4 skeltal mage on it. How do i recharge it? Just wondering because charsi charges 75k to recharge it :O

wow, i can change the title of the thread :O

Ok, after seeing i did not have the current version (I had 4.3) I installed 4.4c in the d2se folder. Now, i did take a look at that thread, for im having problems with it. Mostly, theres no shared stash! :O Also, all my characters items are gone, i thought i could move my save game folder from 4.3 to 4.4c. Did this screw up my game?

Yes, i did exactly what someone suggested there, but the settings were already set (well, execpt for two of them). When i tried to change them, i cant save the file. It says Access is denied :( Any help? It should not really make a difference with the two settings that i would need to change. The buttons for shared stash or gone, and i only have one page for my personal stash. Should i keep playing 4.3, since that still works without any problems?

2nd edit-I figured it out, i did not have the box checked for plugY to be enabled :( Man, i must be having blonde moments lol :P
Last edited by TheLaw118 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Re: Charm recharging?

Post by Al-T » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:48 am

The only chamrs that can be recharged in other ways are Charms of Making (CHoMs) using the same gems as are used to create them and Unique charms which you can thumbnail and reroll: Cube with 3 Perfect gems and 3 Elixirs to make the thumbnail and then restore with rerolled stats (may be better or worse) by cubing with a Stamina potion.

I am afraid all other types of charms will cost you to repair.

Happy Zy-Elling :)
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

TheLaw118

Re: Couple of questions.

Post by TheLaw118 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:48 pm

ok, im just gonna post this instead of editing a third time :P Is there a cube recipe that turns rare amulets/rings into uniques? Im trying to make a crafted belt with +all skills, cept i have never gotten a unique ring/amulet :( Im level 33 btw, just killed Griswald, if that tells you how far i am.

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Only Collector recipes and it is highly unlikely you will have the resources to use them at level 33:

1 x 50K Full Collector + any ring + any food item = random Unique ring.

2 x 10K Full Collectors + any amulet + any food item = random Unique amulet.

Best to wait for drops of Common Cube scrolls that give them as outputs. Check the Wiki (link in my signature) Cube Scrolls-->Common Scroll List and scroll down to "Rare Jewel To".

Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

TheLaw118

Post by TheLaw118 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:00 pm

Yea i kinda gave up on collecting tcards (well, mainly jokers, i have 3 full pages in shared stash full of them). I know your just gonna point me back to the list, but whats the best cube scrolls (common/uncommon) to keep? I have been getting alot of those as well, tho not nearly as many as the joker t-cards.

Btw, i gave up on my paly when he hit level 40. Im currently working on my druid again. He is level 93, almost to the end of act 2. Should i turn all my choms into the level 50 version? I curently have 5 small masters and 3 small healer choms.

JrEye
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by JrEye » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:39 am

I love Rar Jewel to 'Unique Jewel' so that way its easier to get the max bonus on ctc recipes and stuff
Zy-El Wiki | Facebook |
Si vis pacem, para bellum

TheLaw118

Post by TheLaw118 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:07 pm

Ive just been cuning those reciepes, since i know ima switch out my gear alot before i ht 1k even. Im still trying to get an adder/lock, so i can get my belt up to 127, its still at +6 atm :(

Btw, howcome the damage for my bear does not increase when i put points in my Summon Wolfes? Its up to 400% enhanced damage, yet its damage has not gone up at all since like 350% :(

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Forget the Bear...stick with "woolufs" ;)

TheLaw118

Post by TheLaw118 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:35 am

:P So the question is, should i stick with Wolfes, or go dire wolfes? I kill things alot faster with the wolfes, since theres more of them. Ive been pumping points in the normal wolfes since i finaly maxed out raves :P (nearly 900 hits each rave, its insane lol)

Question since your here. Hurricane (the skill that is like an aura), does it do cold damage or Wind/physical? I know Armageddon foes fire damage.

another question. every time i craft my belt with say +all skills, do i have to throw in a cube lock along with the mats? Just wondering. Ill wait to find out before i start to craft my belt again (its up to +12 to all skills atm).

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Stick with the Spirit Wolves until they do no damage or start dying frequently (there are various times when this will happen...skill at a certain level, HoW at a certain level etc.) and then move on to Dire Wolves which will be stronger eventually anyway.

Hurricane does Cold Damage as it does in the vanilla game.

Don't forget the cube lock otherwise you will lose everything you have done up to that point. Without the cube lock the crafted belt will be re-rolled! Only exception to this is when you use a cube scroll to add skills...."Add X Skills Any Item" variety.

TheLaw118

Post by TheLaw118 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:20 pm

ahh so the cube scrolls. Damn, thats alittle more effort then i thought to get my belt up to 127 :( ohh well, i guess it will be worth it then :P

TheLaw118

Post by TheLaw118 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:15 am

I know I should prob edit my last post, but i feel like this deserves another post.

Just made it to act 5 (finally lol) and just rescued Anya. What Zy-el item should i craft first? Iwas gonna go for the diadom, but then i saw there was a druid pelt that i could turn into an artifact? Which is better? Then what is the 2nd artifact i should get after that?

Update-I just beat baal, was very easy, Just kept spamming wolfes on him. He would one hit them (1500 life), but i have 95% increased casting rate, so i was able to keep my full 24 wolves on him at all times. Just go to the Secreat cow level, and theres things called Champion imortals? Hes immune to everything, yet i almost killed him? Anyway, any advice? I need to get lots of goll d( estimate 100m :() before i cann finish my first zy-el artifact. All i need is the scroll, and prob best bet to get it from the collectors. (first group of cows dropped 6 keys/elixirs, so im set on tho).

Just made the helmet, and threw in a few mega-load jewls.

Ok, just did a full baal run on players 1 with that helmet, i got 12.5m gold in just gold drops :O Might do a few more of these, and throw 2 more gold mega load gems into my sheild. Ill post link of image when im done with it.

TheLaw118

Post by TheLaw118 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Well, heres my updated shield and helm:

I have 600% increased max life, with it being almost 60k. Problem is, My hp never seems to go up, and it never seems to go down. I sat there and tanked Baal on players 127 on normal, never saw my health decrease :(

Also, im not seeing any difference between 1500% and 4900% gold find :( I think i may have wasted a few scrolls :(

JrEye
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by JrEye » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:01 am

Careful when you get close to the thresholds I dont know all of them but certain things have limits and will rollover if you arent careful
Zy-El Wiki | Facebook |
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Mon May 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Going to give a try to Zy El.

I started barb and i wanted to know if im forced to choose Bash in order to unlock the rest of the skills.

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Mon May 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Hi Doub,

The skill trees are the same as they are in the "vanilla" game, only at higher levels for unlocking each one. Take a look here for the Barbarian Combat Skills.

Good luck with your Barb and Happy Zy-Ellling :)

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Tue May 13, 2014 12:07 pm

Thank you AI-T !
I actually checked that but it still wasnt clear how the tree works ^_^

Edit: Except from the Champion Immortal boss in Cow Level are there other monsters/bosses with physical immune? General infos on immunities on this mod would be really appreciate!

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Tue May 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Unless they are Champions/Uniques with the "Physical Immune" attribute specifically stated they are unlikely to be immune, however as with all Insanity levels there are a lot with high resistance. QL posted an exact table some years back with all monster attributes but I don't have the link to hand. Gimme a while to search for it and if I can find it I'll post the link here.

Here ya go :!: Keep scrolling down for the full "bestiary" ;)

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Tue May 13, 2014 1:21 pm

I guess the resists are in %

thank you once again AI-T !

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Tue May 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Very cool reference sheet, Al... I never knew that existed! Thank you for providing that link. :D

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Wed May 14, 2014 12:47 am

No problem. I'll update the Wiki "Monsters" Page to include that link also when I get a chance.

Done :!:

Return to “Zy-El: Trial by Fire”