Zy-El Ladder Tournament Season 1 (Ladder 2)

Information and updates for the Zy-El mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: d2vern, Kato

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Zy-El Ladder Tournament Season 1 (Ladder 2)

Post by Al-T » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Zy-El Ladder #2

This is the second in a series of ladder-tournaments of which there will be 5 in total! The winner will be the character with the highest level and in the event of a tie, the character with the most Experience points. If still tied, there will be an extra “Ladder Play-Off” for the characters that are tied.

RULES

Please read the entire ruleset carefully before beginning. You are responsible for knowing all rules. It’s straightforward, but infractions may result in points deductions or disqualification. Any use of 3rd party map-revealing software, h@cks, editors and use of the -Act switch is not allowed.

Character. You may create one new character of each class in both Softcore and Hardcore modes (14 in total) or continue with your character(s) from Ladder #1. If you only want to make one character and concentrate on that one, that is also fine (you can always enter new characters in the ladders later). There will be separate ladders for Hardcore and Softcore characters. Register before beginning and always use Zy-El Version 4.4C. Full Version with changed music and docs can be downloaded from this link.

Multiplay. No multiplay allowed. This is a single player tournament only.

Skill/Stat reallocation is NOT allowed.

Skill Restrictions. None.

Rerunning. Rerunning areas and resetting maps is fine but please adhere to the rules for Maps & XP Shrines. below.

Stash. You must start with a new empty stash or continue with your existing stash from Ladder #1. You can dump any items into Personal Stash pages ONLY and may not share items between characters. Each character is self-sufficient.

Equipment. No restrictions.

Maps & XP Shrines. You are NOT allowed to use XP Shrines. After using your starter cube scrolls, you may do the “Rogue Camp Hokey Cokey” i.e. going in and out of town to reset vendor wares in order to buy your character their starting equipment.

Death. Saving and Exiting to avoid a death in Hardcore is allowed. Saving and Exiting to avoid a death in Softcore is NOT allowed as deaths do not count in Softcore. If a Hardcore character dies you may re-enter from the start with the same or a different character.

Mercs. No restrictions.

Time Limit. Everyone must adhere to the same time limit of 10 hours “field action” per. character per. ladder (50 hours per. character total). This 10 hours does not include time spent in town but only when “in the field of play”. We all have ways to monitor this, from a sophisticated mobile phone, to food timers, to software alarms on our PCs, laptops, notebooks etc., to chess clocks, to bog-standard clocks + pen and paper which can be used so we should all be fairly accurate in the time elapsed.

The reason for the time limit is because although I always liked the concept of Vanilla Diablo II Ladders, I always thought it unfair that there was no actual “play time limit”. Some players were at Level 93 or higher within just a few days and obviously didn’t eat or sleep, while others struggled to get past Level 15 in the same time. Having a time limit for each character gives us all a “level playing field” and it will then be down to skill, character handling and a little bit of luck. It also means that anyone can join at any time and play “catch-up”. If previous Ladders are closed, you may add the time they were allocated to the one you join in.

Example Tables

Code: Select all

Zy-El Softcore Ladder #2
------------------------

Rank        Player             Character        Class           TE      TR      Level          Experience
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1          Al-T               Puma             Druid            0     600         57           1,932,190
 2          Al-T               Rhino            Barbarian        0     600         51           1,234,394
 3          Al-T               Converse         Paladin          0     600         49           1,095,239
 4          Al-T               Umbro            Necromancer      0     600         46             878,300
 5          Al-T               Nike             Assassin         0     600         43             653,306
 6          Al-T               Speedo           Sorceress        0     600         36             338,107
 7          Al-T               Reebok           Amazon           0     600         31             210,051
TE = Time Elapsed. (Please enter this in minutes).
TR = Time Remaining. (Please enter this in minutes).

Zy-El Hardcore Ladder #2
------------------------

Rank        Player             Character        Class           TE      TR      Level          Experience
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1            Name              Name             Class            0      600         1                  0       
2            Name              Name             Class            0      600         1                  0
3            Name              Name             Class            0      600         1                  0
4            Name              Name             Class            0      600         1                  0
I have uploaded spreadsheets to the Wiki Here under the heading Ladder Spreadsheets

This Tournament is Active. Register and begin at any time.

Each Ladder will end when there have been no updates for 30 days.

Good luck, everyone! — Al.
Last edited by Al-T on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Re: Zy-El Ladder Tournament Season 1 (Ladder 2)

Post by Al-T » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:46 pm

I am going to play my characters in alphabetical order of classes i.e. Amazon, Assassin, Barbarian, Druid, Necromancer, Paladin and finally Sorceress. So...to start...Reebok my Amazon...

Preparation for Ladder #2: Reebok’s resources were actually better than I had first thought. I made her “The Birds” ring from a cube scroll which means she can now summon 12 Ravens (P127 might be a possibility now but we shall see...certainly should be able to ramp it up a few notches). For later levels, I also made her a “Gigantor” (L35) which got a pleasing 36% Increase Maximum Life and a “Phoenix” (L40) which will help in the damage stakes. She also has a 3 socket superior leather armour earmarked for a “Pride” and a 6 socket ring mail for a “Love Everlasting” but after making everything else she doesn’t have the resources or gold to make either. She is also 1 Elixir short of being able to make her first minor CHOM. All in all, considering her low level and poor showing so far I am happy with what she has to progress with. Will make a start in Cold Plains testing the Ravens at P127 and take it from there.....

Cold Plains: It is certainly doable at P127 with the Ravens and already after 7 minutes Reebok is Level 32 (Exp. 218,957) but killing speed is far too slow so I will try at P32 for a while. At P32 after 5 minutes, Reebok is still Level 32 (Exp. 224,781) but the kill speed is much better and XP is decent also. I will continue like this for the time being and hope that I can afford the repairs to the ring as the charges run out. Talking of rings, a unique ring just dropped from a Champion Spearwoman (Nagelring so it will be kept for recipe usage). Another 10 minutes and Reebok hits Level 33 (Exp. 243,130). Kill speed still a little slow for my liking so I think I’ll drop to Players 8 and push on to the Stony Field and beyond.

Stony Field: 15 minutes in and level 34 (Exp. 263,503) plus Waypoint secured. Another 10 minutes, Level 34 (282,876) and finally got a “Flawed gem to Elixir” CCS to enable me to make my first minor CHoM which I turned into a “Summoner” in order to try Players 32 again. P32....killing at the same speed with Wooluffs and Ravens as I was with just Ravens at P8. The addition of the Wooluffs also means that Shadow Rogues are not the problem they were before. Area clear after another 5 minutes, Level 34 (Exp. 290,716)...almost Level 35.

Underground Passage Level 1: Bone Warriors and Misshapen take a few hits to kill but not enough to drop the Players setting from 32 as XP is good. 5 minutes and Level 35 (Exp. 299,443). Time for the “Gigantor” which means Reebok now has 929 Life with all items. Another 15 minutes and Level 36 (Exp. 325,564). A further 20 minutes and Level 37 (Exp. 363,520) and approaching a level where Reebok can start to shine....Level 40 has the “Phoenix” charm and Multishot awaiting and I will also aim to make at least one CtC crafted ring for then. Only another 10 minutes and Level 38 (Exp. 398,599). That last quick level was down to getting lots of Misshapen and Rock Golems. Area clear and on to...

Dark Wood: 10 minutes, found the Tree of Inifuss and had a decent brawl with Treehead Woodfist and his cronies. Scroll recovered at Level 38 (Exp. 418,552). Still plenty to clear here. Waypoint secured. Another 15 minutes to clear the area, Level 39 (Exp. 441,628).

Tristram: 15 minutes and Reebok is Level 40 (Exp. 488,345). Time to try out the “Phoenix” and Multishot. Not got the resources just yet to make a CtC crafted ring or another CHoM which would be nice. Will see how this goes with the “Summoner”...might also test the CHoM in “Master” mode to see the difference. Just kept going with the “Summoner” as it was doing so well in conjunction with the “Phoenix”. Another 10 minutes and Cain is rescued, Level 40 (Exp. 514,700) Time for a wee break.

Zy-El Softcore Ladder #2
------------------------

1          Al-T               Puma             Druid            0     600         57           1,932,190
 2          Al-T               Rhino            Barbarian        0     600         51           1,234,394
 3          Al-T               Converse         Paladin          0     600         49           1,095,239
 4          Al-T               Umbro            Necromancer      0     600         46             878,300
 5          Al-T               Nike             Assassin         0     600         43             653,306
 6          Al-T               Reebok           Amazon         152     448         40             514,700
 7          Al-T               Speedo           Sorceress        0     600         36             338,107
Conclusion: Unless I can get one or two CtC rings and another "Phoenix" and/or some decent summons on a charm drop, I will not be able to catch up with the leaders. I will do my best to get Reebok as high as possible however.
Last edited by Al-T on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:05 am

Amazons are certainly striking me as late bloomers, but once you get multishot to a decent level, some ctc rings will let you quickly dominate high density areas (providing you can accrue sufficient AR).

I don't think Reebok will end up at the end of the ladder, but she's going to need some incredible luck to have a shot at the top rankings.
The PK Pikachu

~ Stingray, dedicated Eastern Sun, and Zy-El mod playing Pikachu. ~

Eastern Sun Database | Eastern Sun Wiki | Zy-El Wiki | Zy-El Unique Webpage

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:22 am

Before starting out I am considering doing the Black Marsh but missing out the Tower and The Countess. I hope for lots of Monoliths at some point for some nice XP. I also realise I do have the resources to make a crafted CtC ring and go for a “Static Field” variant to begin with and strike it lucky with a Level 35 requirement only :). This should help a lot :!: Will have to start from the Dark Wood and advance to the Black Marsh.

Dark Wood: Nice....at Players 32 and after only 7 minutes, Reebok is Level 41 (Exp. 532,768). Killing speed is now better than twice as fast as before with the addition of the “Static Field” ring. It takes another 5 minutes to reach the...

Black Marsh: Killing speed is still very nice at P32. Shadow Rogues are no longer a problem at all and Mush Heads and Rock Golems go down fast now. Not seen any Monoliths yet...here’s hoping. Found the Tower but avoiding it for now. Lot’s still to explore here first. Sweet...2 large packs of Monoliths and killing them is quite easy. Great XP from them also as was expected. Got a “key to Grand Charm 3” UCS from upgrading and I have a couple of nice Unique jewels to stick in it later. Waypoint secured and area clear after 24 minutes at Level 43 (Exp. 675,066). Got a few mobs of Monoliths so I am happy. Will ignore the tower and push on....

Tamoe Highland: No problems so far but just at the start here. Quick trip to town to make an “Amity” runeword (Thul, Tir, Eld) in a charm which had +1 Javelin and Spear skills. 25 minutes to clear including the right side of the Monastery Gate and Reebok is now Level 45 (Exp. 813,839).

Monastery Gate: Ghost(Eth) and his cronies take a while to kill but don’t threaten Reebok in any way. It takes 5 minutes to get from the Gate to securing the Outer Cloister Waypoint. Got lots of Monoliths again :) Level 46 (Exp. 850,761). Taking a break to have a look at my items and considering what to make next and how to proceed.

Zy-El Softcore Ladder #2
------------------------

5          Al-T               Reebok           Amazon         218     382         46             850,761
 6          Al-T               Nike             Assassin         0     600         43             653,306
 7          Al-T               Speedo           Sorceress        0     600         36             338,107
Conclusion: With a bit lot more luck earlier on in Ladder #1, Reebok could have been a serious contender for top honours but as things stand I will be happy if she achieves a mid-table position after all 5 Ladders. I am happy with her progress so far in this 2nd Ladder but am in a dilemma whether to stay in Act 1 or push on further. Even without summons she could probably blast through to Act 3 at Players 1 but it will still take time, even avoiding unneccesary quests, with less XP than if I plough through at my current P32 or higher with the summons. Decisions, decisions :P

Addendum: Before continuing (game currently paused) I consider making another CtC ring but I would lose my Ravens if I did that so I will hold off on that for now as the combination of Wooluffs, Ravens, CtC Static Field, “Phoenix” charm and “Catastrophe” gloves are doing the business very nicely thus far. I am going to see if I can make a crafted helmet with Dire Wooluff charges which would mean I could convert the “Summoner” CHoM to a “Master” and still keep the Ravens. That might also allow me to up the Players setting to 127 again. I’ll also look at making a “Pride” or a “Love Everlasting” and doing something with the 3 socket Grand Charm I have. Reebok has a “Coffee Bean”, “Grape Seed”, “Flea Bite”, “Shard of Spider” (L50) and a “Dogs Ear” (L60) she can use in free sockets. I also have another 5 socket Hex charm which I might make another “Phoenix” in.

Made this crafted helmet ...went for Level 31 Dire Wooluffs as Reebok has no Auras she can use, unlike Converse my Paladin. Sold a Flawless Skull I had acquired from Gem Shrine upgrades to help pay for some of the Sapphire upgrades to Perfect and already had a Uni ring and amulet. It cost 122,302 gold to repair to fully charged and I am hoping the expense was worthwhile. She still has over 100K gold and a bunch of jewellery and other items she can sell if required. This should rock with all the other CtC skills Reebok has :!: I also converted the “Summoner” CHoM to a “Master”. With those improvements I decide not to make another “Phoenix” or a “Pride”/”Love Everlasting” armour for now. I do decide to replace a Grand Charm with the 3 socket one made earlier and stick the “Flea Bite” and “Grape Seed” in it, leaving the 3rd socket empty until Reebok is Level 50 and can use the “Shard of Spider” for a boost to AR :!: Time to test her out again from where she left off but this time at Players 127 :twisted:
---------------------------------

Outer Cloister: P127..... :lol: and Hahaha .... everything is a 1-hit kill so far for the Dire Wooluffs, including Monoliths :D I am amazed at how fast demons are dying...”Rock On”. Area clear and on to...

Barracks: Only 15 minutes in total since recommencing at the Outer Cloister, Level 49 (Exp. 1,127,105). This is more like it :). Another 5 minutes required to clear the area and Level 50 (Exp. 1,159,104). “Shard of Spider” added to empty socket in 3 socket Grand Charm. AR now 1332 (almost doubled).

Jail Level 1: 10 minutes and the Waypoint is secured. Level 51 (Exp. 1,240,724). Taking another break at 352 minutes remaining in Ladder #2.

Zy-El Softcore Ladder #2
------------------------

3          Al-T               Reebok           Amazon         248     352         51           1,240,724
 4          Al-T               Converse         Paladin          0     600         49           1,095,239
 5          Al-T               Umbro            Necromancer      0     600         46             878,300
 6          Al-T               Nike             Assassin         0     600         43             653,306
Here is a Wee Taster of how reebok is doing now.
--------------------------------

Managed to upgrade enough TC’s to get 7 x 3 of Talons which gave this nice output That will come in handy very soon :). Added a “3 All Skills Any Item” UCS to Reebok’s crafted CtC ring. No more changes for now but next on the agenda will be a “Love Everlasting” in the 6 socket ring mail Reebok has in storage.
---------------------------------

Jail Level 1: 10 minutes and Level 52 (Exp. 1,340,505). Time for the crafted amulet which boosts life to just under 5K and resistances to all 75 :D. Another 5 minutes and entering....

Jail Level 2: Again not bothering to explore or clear the entire area, 5 minutes and found the entrance to Level 3, still Level 52 (Exp. 1,419,299).....

Jail Level 3: 10 minutes and found the entrance to the Inner Cloister at Level 53 (Exp. 1,495,693).

Inner Cloister: This is proving to be surprisingly easy, even with Horrors which are 1-hit-kills for my Wooluffs. 6 minutes and Waypoint secured at Level 54 (Exp. 1,585,427). Time to make a “Love Everlasting”. I now have a “Cabbage Leaf” to use for this. Also had a few CCS’ and UCS’ to throw at it for “No Freeze” + “HP” + “Vit” + “Reduce Dmg” + “Reduce Magic Dmg”...all low level but still a bonus ;) . Back to it...”Knights Who Say Knyee” :?: ...Say what :!: Easy meat :). Got a “3 soc Any Item” CCS drop which will be used and abused soon. Another 12 minutes, area clear and Level 55 (Exp. 1,708,936).

Cathedral: This only takes 7 minutes to clear and find the entrance to The Catacombs but I am too tired to play any more today so I will start from the Inner Cloister Waypoint tomorrow or whenever I next play. Stopped at Level 56 (Exp. 1,808,656).

Zy-El Softcore Ladder #2
------------------------

2          Al-T               Reebok           Amazon         303     297         56           1,808,656
 3          Al-T               Rhino            Barbarian        0     600         51           1,234,394
 4          Al-T               Converse         Paladin          0     600         49           1,095,239
 5          Al-T               Umbro            Necromancer      0     600         46             878,300
Happy Zy-Elling everyone :)

P.S. Clersius...get your backside back in here :!:

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:34 pm

Deliberate double-post to avoid overflow...

Before starting out again, I use the “3 soc Any Item” CCS on a Grand Charm and put in a “Shard of Flame” for life, a “Squash Sprout” for damage and an “Asparagus Seed” for attack rating. I should be able to easily beat stingray’s 500K/hr Experience since I am fairly sure I have a better set-up than his Assassin with all my CtC skills (Amp Dmg, Static Field, Frozen orb, Meteor) and “Freeze Target” on the “Amity” coupled with 16 x Level 31 Dire Wooluffs, 12 Ravens and Multishot and will be able to kill faster......I will monitor this closely and will be playing at P127 all the time.

Inner Cloister: I spent 11 minutes here but didn’t quite clear the entire area before moving on to...

Cathedral: Only 10 minutes to clear and on to...

Catacombs Level 1: 11 minutes in here (32 total so far) and I use a “1 soc Any Item” CCS on my Crafted ring and put the “Dog’s Ear” in it. Level 61 (Exp. 2,323,299) which is approximately 500K/30 minutes or twice what stingray is getting with his Assassin....Nice :D (I need it to post a decent score eventually). I’ll continue to monitor for the full hour. Also added a “Mana Steal to Ring” CCS to it and although it only gives 1% Mana Leech, with Level 34 Multishot I hardly ever run out of mana now. Back to the action...another 5 minutes (37 total) and found the entrance to....

Catacombs Level 2: 5 minutes (42 total) and found the entrance to Level 3 but still to find the Waypoint here. Another 12 minutes and Waypoint secured (54 total). Will clear more here to complete the 60 minutes for the Experience comparison. Remaining 6 minutes for this test are done and I am happy overjoyed with the results...Level 67 (Exp. 2,896,195) so the 60 minutes gave 1,087,529 Experience. Reebok is still a long way from challenging any leaders being in Ladder 2 already with a good chunk of that gone also but if she keeps up her current experience rate she should scare a few people come later Ladders.

Zy-El Softcore Ladder #2
------------------------

1          Al-T               Reebok           Amazon         363     237         67           2,896,195
 2          Al-T               Puma             Druid            0     600         57           1,932,190
 3          Al-T               Rhino            Barbarian        0     600         51           1,234,394
Conclusion: If someone playing an Amazon gets lucky early on with decent summons they will be a force to be reckoned with. Even if they don’t, with the skills they have they can still make a decent challenge. N.B. Amazons are the most “nerfed” characters Kato worked on for this mod and they are still awesome :!:
---------------------------------------

Catacombs Level 4: Just going to get to Andariel as quickly as possible. 5 minutes and made my first Minor Poster a Manny. This will help for a while, at least until I can convert it to an Album Poster. Level 68 (Exp. 3,018,303). Also added a “Freeze Target” CCS to my “Patiently” bow. Another 10 minutes and approaching Andariel, Level 70 (Exp. 3,156,434). 1 more minute and Andariel is disposed of at Level 70 (Exp. 3,170,304). On to Act II.

Zy-El Softcore Ladder #2
------------------------

1          Al-T               Reebok           Amazon         379     221         70           3,170,304
 2          Al-T               Puma             Druid            0     600         57           1,932,190
------------------------

Making the most of my break from caring duties...

Preparation for Act II: I am just going to do the quests that are required to get through this Act as quickly as possible (sorry Atma...but you are okay, you have Knimagog for company and comfort), so I will start out at Players 1 with no summons, just Reebok’s inherent skills and take it from there. I am also going to avoid picking up anything as much as possible and only get required Waypoints in order to maximise playing time.

Rocky Waste: This only takes 1 minute to get to...

Dry Hills: Took a bit longer here and also got the Waypoint...3 minutes to get to...

Far Oasis: Hmmm...4 minutes to find the Waypoint followed by...

Maggot Lair Level 1: 1 minute to find...

Maggot Lair Level 2: 1 minute (211 remaining) to find...

Maggot Lair Level 3: 2 minutes to retrieve the Staff. Level 71 (Exp. 3,264,770)....

Lost City: 4 minutes are required to find the....

Valley of The Snakes: 1 minute to get to...

Claw Viper Temple Level 1: 1 minute (203 minutes left) to find....

Claw Viper Temple Level 2: 5 minutes to get to Fangskin, destroy him and his cronies and recover the Amulet. Level 72 (Exp. 3,350,663).....

Harem Level 1 to Palace Cellar Level 1: only takes 1 minute...

Pallace Cellar Level 1: All the way to Arcane Sanctuary only takes 3 minutes...

Arcane Sanctuary: It only takes another 1 minute to kill The Summoner and get to the...

Canyon of The Magi: True Tomb is the “smile” symbol. ....I’ll add the 10 seconds it took to find the true tomb to the time played in there...

True Tomb of Tal Rasha: Ooh! Nice...only takes 10 minutes (including the previous 10 seconds) to find the Orifice. Level 73 (Exp. 3,448,736). Staff inserted into Orifice (this is “Carry On” humour)...behave :P

Tal Rasha’s Chamber: 1st Duriel in the lower level goes down quick. 2nd Duriel in the upper level takes a few more hits...mainly due to being protected by a bunch of Mithril Knights. Multi-Andy-time :) .... 7 Elixirs collected which will come in handy. Only 5 minutes in total required to complete this last quest. Level 73 (Exp. 3,526,705). Off to Act III with 178 minutes remaining in Ladder 2 for Reebok.

Zy-El Softcore Ladder #2
------------------------

1          Al-T               Reebok           Amazon         422     178         73           3,526,705
Happy Zy-Elling :)

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:15 am

Nice work blowing through Act II in order that you could insert the staff as quickly as possible into the orifice and proceed to Act III, Al! :twisted: It looks like Reebok is well on the way to finding her true groove... I wish her well, especially with the arse-whooping she is about to deliver to Act III!! :D

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:38 pm

Thankee kind sir :!:

I am going to try to get through Act 3 as far as the Durance of Hate at Players 1 without any summons. After that I will go back to P127 with the summons and hope they are still effective. I won't be able to play for the remainder of this week (I may get a little time today) for the reasons you will see in my PM reply to you.
----------------------

Act 3 preamble: For the best part of this Act I will just play at Players 1 and fire through it as fast as possible. Once I get to the Durance of Hate I’ll go back to Players 127 and use my summons.

Spider Forest: Jade Figurine dropped in double-quick time. After 5 minutes...secured the Waypoint. After another 2 minutes (171 remaining) recovered Khalim’s Eye.

Great Marsh: Crap :!: It’s one of those maps that forces you through the Great Marsh to get to the Flayer Jungle. 10 minutes so far. Finally found the Flayer Jungle after another 5 minutes...

Flayer Jungle: Found the Gibdinn and the entrance to the Flayer Dungeon after 1 minute. Level 75 (Exp. 3,688,390)....

Flayer Dungeon Level 1: Left turn and...

Flayer Dungeon Level 2: Ouch...this takes 12 minutes to find the next level...

Flayer Dungeon Level 3: 10 minutes to clear and get rid of WitchDoctor Endogu plus retrieve Khalim’s Brain.

After all of that I got myself a thoroughbred horse for free from Asheara the equine dealer....oh...sorry...it’s a merc called “Astallion”. Back to...

Flayer Jungle: 5 minutes to get to and destroy StormTree and his mob. Entering...

Lower Kurast: Level 76 (Exp. 3,826,786). I am getting tired so I will find the Waypoint and stop for a while. Grr...it takes 7 minutes to find the Waypoint here. Level 77 (Exp. 3,932,193) with 121 minutes remaining.

Zy-El Softcore Ladder #2
------------------------

1          Al-T               Reebok           Amazon         479     121         77           3,932,193
Conclusion: The above was the remainder of last night’s exploits. I don’t imagine I will get any more time to play until the weekend or next week but I am reasonably happy with Reebok’s progress in this Ladder given her woefully slow start in Ladder 1.
----------------------

Before starting out again, I used a “2 soc Any Item” CCS on Reebok’s crafted cap and put a “Banana Leaf” in it for a boost to mana and energy.

Lower Kurast: It takes just 1 minute to get to...

Kurast Bazaar: Cyclops aren’t posing any threat as Reebok can kill them from a safe distance. Waypoint secured after another 5 minutes. Level 78 (Exp. 4,010,380). Directly behind the Waypoint is the entrance to the....

Sewers Level 1: 3 minutes to find the entrance to...

Sewers Level 2: Level 79 (Exp. 4,059,098) with 112 minutes remaining. A further minute to clear Level 2 and recover Khalim’s Heart.

Kurast Bazaar: I’ll not bother with Lam Esen’s and just push on to Travincal. 1 minute to get to...

Upper Kurast: 2 minutes to get to...

Kurast Causeway: Level 80 (Exp. 4,135,260). 108 minutes remaining. Another 2 minutes to get to...

Travincal: ..and secure the Waypoint. Another 3 minutes to kill the Council and recover the Flail. Level 80 (Exp. 4,225,809). 103 minutes remaining. Time for summons and Players 127...

Durance of Hate Level 1: Glad to report that the Summons are still doing the business, albeit slightly slower than in Act 1 which is to be expected. 5 minutes to find the entrance to Level 2 but still lots to explore here first since XP is phenomenal I may as well clear the entire area. Level 84 (Exp. 4,557,115). 98 minutes remaining. 10 minutes to clear the rest of the area. Level 89 (Exp. 5,105,958). 88 minutes remaining. I am going to drop back down to Players 1 in order to find the Waypoint in Level 2 as quickly as possible....

Durance of Hate Level 2: 6 minutes are required to find both the Waypoint and the entrance to Level 3. That is me definitely finished for quite a few days. Happy though at Level 90 (Exp. 5,231,299) with 82 minutes remaining. Currently maxing Plague Javelin which is at Level 32 and doing 40K damage over 3 seconds.

Zy-El Softcore Ladder #2
------------------------

1          Al-T               Reebok           Amazon         518      82         90           5,231,299
---------------------

With only 82 minutes left in Ladder #2 for Reebok, I am going to play at Players 1 and kill Mephisto as fast as possible to unlock Act 4 for the next Ladder and with any time remaining after that, I will go back to Players 127 in the Durance for the XP.

Durance of Hate Level 2: Players 1, no summons. 3 minutes to get to...

Durance of Hate Level 3: 7 minutes and approaching the Council and Mephisto. Another 3 minutes to kill the Council, Mephisto and all his bodyguards. Meph drops 1 x Zy rune and 3 Elixirs. 13 minutes total, Level 92 (Exp. 5,391.835). Next run will be P 127 with summons.

Durance of Hate Level 2: Players 127....10 minutes to get to....

Durance of Hate Level 3: Level 96 (Exp. 5,816,394) with 59 minutes remaining. 45 minutes required to clear, Level 126 (Exp. 10,203,357) almost 127. Nice :).

Zy-El Softcore Ladder #2
------------------------

1          Al-T               Reebok           Amazon         586      14        126          10,203,357
I'll do the last 14 minutes tomorrow. Meantime...

Happy Zy-Elling everyone :)

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:04 pm

Sheesh! Reebok has exploded onto the scene under your finesse, sir! Well done, indeed... Between you and Stingray, this tournament has gone vertical! Tough examples to follow, to be sure. I hope you get the most out of those 14 minutes. :D

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:11 pm

I haven't had a chance to complete the last 14 minutes and it looks like it may be the weekend before I can do so.

We may have to revise which class we think is going to win 8-O With Multishot, Amp damage on the patiently bow and static field on the crafted ring kicking in all the time plus 12 Ravens and 16 Woolufs, I doubt if my Druid, Paladin summoner or Necro will be able to kill as quickly as Reebok is now. If When stingray makes his Amazon, if he has better luck in Ladder 1 than either of us did, he will blow my score away :!: If you get the right gear for Asics, she will also smash Reebok's score :!: :!:

I'm off to look after my dad for another couple of days but intend being back some time on Friday.

Meantime, Happy Zy-Elling :)
--------------------------------

With just 14 minutes left I take a look at Reeboks items and resources to see if there is anything that can be improved upon for what remains of this Ladder and future ones. Replenish life is high enough that I can probably make her a Major “Master” CHoM but that can wait for the next Ladder. Her belt (still using a “Booster” sash) needs improved but that can also wait. Torso armour will do for a while. I am also reluctant, for now, to change her gloves and bow but her boots could do with a change soon. She has done extremely well in this Ladder with the gear she currently has, so no changes...for now. Players 127 set and off to...

Durance of Hate Level 2: 5 minutes in and another 5 levels gained...sweet :D. Level 131 (Exp. 10,933,224). I don’t know why but prior to playing Reebok in Ladder #2 I had found static field to be useless above Players 8. This time it seems to be awesome...maybe the combination with Amp Damage is all that was needed. ...or maybe it will still be useless in the real “Insanity” levels...I suspect that will be the case but we shall see. 9 minutes remaining and on to...

Durance of Hate Level 3: The 9 minutes are up and Ladder #2 is over for Reebok but she has redeemed herself by attaining Level 137 (Exp. 11,834,745).

Zy-El Softcore Ladder #2
------------------------

1          Al-T               Reebok           Amazon         600       0        137          11,834,745
Conclusion: Very happy that Reebok managed to do so well and restore my faith in Amazons (and myself in my character handling which had been in doubt). 143 stats remaining to be allocated but all skills used (Plague Javelin now doing 117-120K damage over 3 seconds). Next Ladder will be all about blasting through Acts 4 & 5 at Players 1 as fast as possible. After that, “Insanity” awaits :P.

For now...I am going to reacquaint myself with “Dora” in the “Evolution” tournament.

Happy Zy-Elling :).

Return to “Zy-El: Trial by Fire”