Clarifying Caps and Rollovers

Information and updates for the Zy-El mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: d2vern, Kato

Sir Lootalot
Germany

Clarifying Caps and Rollovers

Post by Sir Lootalot » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:25 pm

Hello Zy-el Community,

In the past I played for a short time Vanilla LoD and then moved on to a mod called Chaos Empire which a friend introduced me to.
After playing this mod extensively I got bored after a long time and moved away from Diablo 2 to other Games.

As I was recently browsing what's up in the world of Diablo 2 mods, I stumbled over this mod by accident and it directly caught my attention.
I read through the v4.4 Mod Guide, the official Zy-el homepage, the ZyEl Wiki and this Forum to get as much information as possible.
Since at the moment I don't have the time nor the opportunity to play I prepare myself until I can finally try this mod myself, which will probably be at the End of August.

After several read throughs of Clersius post "Damage Caps, Rollovers, and other #'s ---edit 9.03.09", I still don't understand completely the concept of Caps and Rollovers which is why I'm creating this post to absolutely clarify this topic and maybe for future players help them understand it as well.

Please correct me if I am wrong but as far as I understood a Cap, as mentioned in Clersius post, is the max amount of damage one can do before the internal game mechanics are completely nullifying the damage.
A Rollover is the point after a certain Damage Range beyond the Damage Cap after which one does actual Damage again starting from 0 until the next cap is reached.

In terms of Damage that would be from 1 till 83886 the damage is the same as the display number.
From 83887 till 167773 the actual damage is 0.
From 167774 one is starting from 0 again until one reaches 83887 actual damage again which would be displayed as 251660 dmg. From there on at 251661 onwards one would actually do 0 damage.
This procedure is continued until infinity in steps of 83886 damage. This would actually mean that one can reach beyond 83886 physical and elemental damage.
The same principal works for all other types of Caps and Rollovers.

If I am wrong please correct me and show me were the misunderstanding is.

I hope this forum is not completly dead and one might answer my question soon.

For all those still active players, I wish you all good runs and maybe in the future we can do some runs together via IP/TCP if you are interested.

Greetings

Sir Lootalot

Sir Lootalot
Germany

Re: Clarifying Caps and Rollovers

Post by Sir Lootalot » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:28 am

In case nobody answers this post because it has been many times before, please send a link to the post.

Thank you

Return to “Zy-El: Trial by Fire”