Server ANNOUNCEMENT:::

Information and updates for the Zy-El mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: d2vern, Kato

No votes

Total votes: 0

Horacer77
Champion of the Light

Server ANNOUNCEMENT:::

Post by Horacer77 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:11 pm

The server is now up for testing tonight. IT is running the PVPGN software.
and if you do play please report bugs here plese. And say thanks to ghost for the hand he had in getting the server back up. and your lucky he found out that this could of been a whole new reset. And we do not want to hear no griping about it. we just spent 4-6 hours going through the files to make sure it would be ready to go. Try it out..........

Number One Playa

Re: Server ANNOUNCEMENT:::

Post by Number One Playa » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:41 pm

I don't know if you have already taken it back down but i can't connect to the server. Is there a new ip or is it me?
Is it Life to Death, or Death to Life? Is it Life to Life, or is it Death to Death

Horacer77
Champion of the Light

Post by Horacer77 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:59 pm

Nope the ip is still the same. As i said before it is testing and working bugs out, so it could be up then down with out warning.

Number One Playa

Post by Number One Playa » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:01 am

Ok thx Horacer I was just trying to make sure it was not me dooing something wrong. Keep it up this mod will be awsome on a PvPGN server.
Is it Life to Death, or Death to Life? Is it Life to Life, or is it Death to Death

MittenMan

Post by MittenMan » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:12 am

Finally reconnected with the server. :) But could not create a character. :(
So close yet so far ...

Horacer77
Champion of the Light

Post by Horacer77 » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:18 am

Just fixed that. Let me know if anything else comes up. One thing we did find out that if I turn Pw games on noone over the level 255 can create games. So guess what no pw games. Some thing else I might mention now. For right now you can only get one char per acct on server at a time. I know its making it hard to mule, but I need to have time to work some bugs out. I didnt want to throw it all out at once and have a headache straightening everthing out. So for right now get someone you trust to mule with. But then everyone should be a friend. Friends dont steal from friends. But if you do I will get you. :flamer: :biggun:

Edit:
WEll the server seems to be running very well. I want to shut it down and change the log levelsand a few minor little things then we will be in full swing again. Im sorry I didnt do this server change along time ago. Im starting to like it alot.
Last edited by Horacer77 on Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:48 am, edited 5 times in total.

Asterix
Paladin

Post by Asterix » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:34 pm

Horacer77";p="78530" wrote:One thing we did find out that if I turn Pw games on noone over the level 255 can create games. So guess what no pw games.
i think pw-games are not really necessary, cause we should all be able to trust each other and/or talk to each other if we dont want someone in a game, so dont worry about them.
Some thing else I might mention now. For right now you can only get one char per acct on server at a time. I know its making it hard to mule, but I need to have time to work some bugs out. I didnt want to throw it all out at once and have a headache straightening everthing out. So for right now get someone you trust to mule with. But then everyone should be a friend. Friends dont steal from friends. But if you do I will get you. :flamer: :biggun:
shouldnt be a big problem either, cause most know each other and/or will do anything to prevent this server(s) from becoming like bnet. :OOO:
so dont let the headache become bigger, take a break if necessary ;)
WEll the server seems to be running very well. I want to shut it down and change the log levelsand a few minor little things then we will be in full swing again. Im sorry I didnt do this server change along time ago. Im starting to like it alot.
good to hear that you dont regret changing the server and THANKS ALOT for all of the work you and GhOsT(eth) have done to get it up and running. :)

btw, what about your ISP-problems? are they solved or do they still mess up your connection sometimes?

Horacer77
Champion of the Light

Post by Horacer77 » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:41 pm

From my understanding it is going to be there for awhile. Since ATandT is in charge of putting in the new lines my isp is at the mercy of them. But all I can do is hang in there. It will only get better.

Asterix
Paladin

Post by Asterix » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:49 pm

Horacer77";p="78647" wrote:From my understanding it is going to be there for awhile. Since ATandT is in charge of putting in the new lines my isp is at the mercy of them. But all I can do is hang in there. It will only get better.
lets hope they get it done soon and you dont get another headache from their problems ;)

and a suggestion about the server-status-thread: maybe put the info on how to get an account on the server in this thread, too. this would hopefully prevent people from always posting their "cant create a new account" or "wrong password" threats (if they at least read the sticky topics ;) )

Return to “Zy-El: Trial by Fire”