Dark Alliance - Main Discussion Topic

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

No votes

Total votes: 0

Nexus
Champion of the Light

Re: Dark Alliance - Main Discussion Topic

Post by Nexus » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:30 pm

:) apologys if this has been posted before just wanted to know if you were going to make rings and amulets with sockets available it is something that offers a style of play for casters maybe who do not want to do the weapon shield look... ie amulet /shield & ring /weapon & armour atributes....

also while i'm here is ther any way of making the druid wolf and bear form change colour to match there armours that's assuming the armours give DA characters a colour :lol:

also are assasian traps going to be improved and i don't mean over the top changes it would be nice to see a mod just double there dmg that's not excessive.....

and with necro it would be good to limit his mages and skeletons and resurects to 6 of each and maybe just increase there life value or do a passive systen like druids wolves/bears

will you be making this mod available for online play :?:
Last edited by Nexus on Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Tradition of the Raven
"I have fled in the shape of a raven of prophetic speech".
................Taliesin

Tinkers Mod v2.0

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:59 pm

apologys if this has been posted before just wanted to know if you were going to make rings and amulets with sockets available it is something that offers a style of play for casters maybe who do not want to do the weapon shield look... ie amulet /shield & ring /weapon & armour atributes....
Noone has asked this before and i think i've also forgott to tell about that ;)

There will be both socketed rings and amulets. But, you will need special gems (jewelry) to socket this with. Just like in the real life when you put a diamond, ruby into the ring. This gems will only work for the rings, amulets and no other stuff will work to socket the rings, amulets.

also while i'm here is ther any way of making the druid wolf and bear form change colour to match there armours that's assuming the armours give DA characters a colour
Good question, this is not somethings i have thougth about at all ;)

This would probably require some codeing to get work.
also are assasian traps going to be improved and i don't mean over the top changes it would be nice to see a mod just double there dmg that's not excessive.....

All classes skill will be reworked, as you probably have seen Dark Alliance will use a different skillsystem also. I'm currently working on the design of Amazon skills.

Here are some of the new planned Amazon skills:

Arrow Fletching (Bowskill) - Make your own arrows. When the skill gets higher you can make better arrows. You will need material to make the arrows.

Marrow - This skill gives you extra life/lvl.

First Impression – Passive skill, The first time you meet an NPC there are a %chance that you made a good impression on him. This increase the chance that you get a quest, better deal. This skill works only the first time you meet this character. Also if you first impression succeed vendors are more villing to deal with you in the future. They lower their prices for you with - %gold/lvl.
Adds % chance that the vendor sells items at higher level than it normal does.
and with necro it would be good to limit his mages and skeletons and resurects to 6 of each and maybe just increase there life value or do a passive systen like druids wolves/bears
See the above, all skills will be reworked ;)
will you be making this mod available for online play
Currently there are a problem for all mods with a lot of code editing. So, i'm sorry to say that online play are not working besides for tcp/ip. Maybe there are a way to make this possible later. I will definitly look into that.
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:07 pm

Here is a first screenshot from the cluesystem for runewords and an example of a runeword.

The cluescrolls are given in clues of atleast two parts. Note that this runeword has wrong name. The name are Amity and not friendship ;)

(Removed the screenshots since those was from 1.09x version of DA, couldn't find them anylonger)
Last edited by kingpin on Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Nexus
Champion of the Light

Post by Nexus » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:26 am

cool sounds and looks good with the skills.... i always like in D1 how you would start off wih one skill for your character then be able to choose from a range of skills (D2/LOD huge range :lol: ) or have shrines or spellbooks which would give you permanant atributes or skills.... any of those scrolls you have to infra vision for the really dark places ;) :?:
as i've said before looks like an awesome Mod I know a few people here in NZ looking forward to playing it..... almost be called D3.... don't let Blizz have it :lol: unless you tm it....
................Taliesin

Tinkers Mod v2.0

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:35 am

as i've said before looks like an awesome Mod I know a few people here in NZ looking forward to playing it..... almost be called D3.... don't let Blizz have it unless you tm it....
Thanx a lot, it's nice to hear that there are people who like the work ;)

If Blizzard used any ideas from my mod i would only be honoured. I'm waiting for the announcement of a third installation of Diablo. But, before that we will hopefully have the 1.10 patch that will make the life a lot easier for us modders ;)

Also, the Amazon skills is soon finished . Have only 3 more skills to add to Amazon section. After that i will start the work for what skills Assassin will have.

I really miss the infravision and stonecurse skill from diablo1. I was actually playing diablo1 + hellfire today in tcp/ip game ;)

Nexus
Champion of the Light

Post by Nexus » Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:07 am

I was wondering what was involved and expected from beta testing :?: at the moment i have the time my the main characters i have interests in are casters (druid, sorceress(be nice if it was a sorcerer :) and necros)

do you have any plans for Cain like does he become more involved or tell the history of the 3 and keep the oral history etc.... be nice to see him in a white robe for a change that is better suited to his caste and mabe a meater staff signifies his rank more ;)

i don't know if you have seen a game called Silver by infogames may look simple but( has wonderful scenary graphics and a simple concept) is very difficult to beat.... well in there there is a character called the Chronicler who records the heros deeds..... mind you you can select to have a main character and two companions and build and alternate between them nice concept idea :lol: very similar to Darkstone... :)

:) also if Blizzard did another installment i think this is what i would expect from them more chapters, quests, sub quests random quests and larger maps more monsters old history and mythology etc and more music so it looks like your doing it for them ( so if Seirra can do Hellfire why cant you have the rights on D3 ;) right :lol:
Last edited by Nexus on Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
................Taliesin

Tinkers Mod v2.0

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:19 am

I'm currently working with re-designing the first Chapter. I'm soon going to work on a website update (probably later today). Has been far long time since last update ;(

I have atleast two new screenshots:

This is a hidden entrance that are somewhere in Rogue Encampment:
(Removed the screenshots since those was from 1.09x version of DA, couldn't find them anylonger)

You can see Rogue Encampment, this cave is a test only. It will look a lot different in this area when its done.

EDIT:

Nexus:
was wondering what was involved and expected from beta testing at the moment i have the time my the main characters i have interests in are casters (druid, sorceress(be nice if it was a sorcerer and necros)
Well, the test i have run so far has been focused on different things. Mostly finding and solving bugs, introducing new features and get them tested e.tc.

I usually points out whats important in the test.

EDIT2:

No website update today either. But i have a new screenshot that shows an entrance to a tent in Rogue Encampment. You can see it (Removed the screenshots since those was from 1.09x version of DA, couldn't find them anylonger)
Last edited by kingpin on Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Grovsnus

Post by Grovsnus » Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:05 pm

Hell yeah Kingpin, now its getting very interesting in modding ye =) , we are all waiting with exitement for this very new concept of modmaking and this next beta release soon too be released !

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:02 am

This week i'm working on adding new monsters into the first chapter. I have reworked where the monsters will appear since 1.09 version of dark alliance.

In 1.10 we have so many nice possibilites to do with monsters.

Here i present the new thief who is known as Palgmor. He is lurking near Rogue Encampment and make the life hard for the vendors in there.

He has different abilities:
First he is equiped with a shortsword that have 2 different magical abilities spawned on it.

He has also several abilities:
25% chance to hit you with a deadly strike
Level 3 Chilling Armor
50 pois dmg over 4 secs
Last edited by kingpin on Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lord of the shadows
Suspended - Please Contact Myhrginoc
Knight

Post by Lord of the shadows » Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:54 am

I was browsing around and looking for mods and saw this one.I got intrested.I saw you had already finished the beta test.Then I wondered,When will this mod come out?Do you know when?
AHHHHHHH...fresh meat!
-Butcher

What do you want?
To see a mod making site?Then go to my site. http://www.freewebs.com/darkhell/ (changed,now http://www.freewebs.com/burningfire
To go back to phrozen keep? http://d2mods.xfernet.com
Or fresh meat?Visit local butcher.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:39 am

I have finished the betatest period2.

But, since 1.10beta got out i have started to move Dark Alliance into 1.10 instead of 1.09. This mean that the preview version will take some more time before its released, so its no official prevew version out yet.

I will start a third betatest period when i have reach that stage and will announce for betatesters when its time for that.

It will take long time before the full release is finished. I can atleast tell that fullrelease is not finished this year.

For the preview version (contains the first chapter) this is hopefully finished in some months.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:07 pm

I have two new screenshots. This time its the legendary Ka'Rath. I have wrote previous about him in this thread if you want to know more about him.

He doesn't appear always in Blood Moor. But, when he does he will give you a hard time. He is also the only one who can drop Ka'Raths Blood Helm (unique helm) and Ka'Raths Blood Armor (unique armor).

Ka'Rath and his Minions

This poisoncloud is comming from Ka'Rath when he dies.
Ka'Rath when he is dead

More Screenshots:

Zombie Elite

Zombie Leader

Cursed by Zombie Leader
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:57 am

Here is an idea.

Each character you create gets assigned a random symbol. The symbol doesnt affect much, but it affects your drops. So if you get a yellow symbol, you might find more gold. If you get a white symbol, you might find more potions. Just an idea ;).
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:17 pm

*cough Phantasy Star Online cough*

Yeah and your telling me no ideas from ".hack"!
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:59 pm

Huh? PSO isnt random symbols, plus thats not where I got it from. I didnt eve know that those symbols meant anything, anyway.

Here is an idea for a new series of monster though.

Find the gfx for that Will O' Wisp type monster. (white and moves around quickly casting lightning).

Get 5 different colors of that gfx (red,blue,yellow,white, and black).

Of course you already have white, maybe blue and black. Anyway, each of these colors represents an element.

Red = Fire/Weakest
Yellow = Lightning/Weaker
Blue = Ice/Average
White = Holy/Hard
Black = Dark/Hardest

Each element uses a spell of its element, and ABSORBS its own element (not immune to it). (White immune to magic and Black immune to physical).

Ex: Fire Element moves around and shoots firebolt. Weakest element compared to the others and absorbs fire damage.

If you want Leaders or Elites you can just make them stronger and use a better spell. Obviously every element also has low resists to its weakness.

Fire = Ice
Ice = Lightning
Lightning = Fire
Holy = Physical
Dark = Magic

Just an idea. Hope it becomes useful ;).
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:04 am

Hmmm , elemental spirit ???
If you really want to know, that's work and it's easy to do :P
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:43 am

I like the idea with spirits.

The question is how this weakness could be done.

If we look at a fire spirit:

This could absorb all firedamage (since its a fire element i can't be damage by fire), get normal damage from all without it's weak element. It's weak element it get's x 2 damage.

So the question is if that is possible? ;)

Is it in this way you have done Joel?

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:50 am

i got 5 elements, they are immune to everything except one elemnt they absorb and one elemnt that kill them quickly

the element absorbed are :

Earth --> physical dmg
Fire --> fire dmg
Air --> ltng dmg
Water --> cold dmg
Void --> magic dmg

they are vulnerable to

Earth --> ltng dmg
Fire --> cold dmg
Air --> physical dmg
Water --> fire dmg

yep the void spirit is not vulnerable to anything ...
in fact it's more a unkillable nuisance than anything. they del no damage just slow your progression by being there.

You can add Holy <element> aura to each or a spell of the elemnt (fireball, earthqueake etc ...>
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:57 am

Ok, then i know how you have done it, thanx ;)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:34 am

A new concept has been added, Disease.

A Disease is somethings terribly to get. It can lower your resist, weak your body, drain your life or something other horrible. They exist as form of skills or in items.

Here is a first example of a disease that can be found in Rakanishu's Disease Carrier (that are a unique Dusted Metal shield). This unique item is Rakanishu wearing and if you are lucky you find this one on Rakanishu.

Here are a screenshot of the disease effect: (couldn't find this screenshot anylonger, will add it later again if I find it)

This one gives you lower poison resist and drains your life as long as you are diseased. The disease can be cured by using either a special potion, skill or wait until the disease has dissapear by itself.
Last edited by kingpin on Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

afj666
Retired staff
Champion of the Light
Denmark

Hand-picked

Post by afj666 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:33 pm

Again you find a new thing in the 1.10s beta patch. This is indeed nice, and will most certainly bring a new apect to the game :rocker:
Extended Levels Plugin | Extended Object | Plugin | CustomTbl Plugin
Your Weight Is Appropriate.... For A Medium Sized Russian Tank

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:49 pm

The last week there wasn't any website update. I have been working on the first monster test version and it got finished the last friday and some persons are testing the monster balance. When i have a version that is near a betastage a will announce a new signup for a betatest.

I'm beginning to see a end of monster editing now. Its maybe one or two weeks more before starting to convert old 1.09x stuff to 1.10.

I have also added several new aspect to the game this week.

Morph Monster:
The first morph monster has maked its appearance into Dark Alliance in Chapter 1. You will see the first morph monster in Catacombs Level 3.

When a monster is morphed into another monster. It will gain new abilities as additional abilities to what it already have. It will keep all current spells and there are a chance that some morph monster will get additional skills when they are in morph form.

Morph Example 1

Morph Example 2

New Traps:
Traps are more deadlier than before. There will be several new traps and also different variations on existing traps.

Firestorm Trap: When the trap trigger it activate a deadly firestorm that will give damage as long as you are inside its radius.

FireStorm Trap

Hirelings:
A hireling will be changed a lot to give more variations as make it more useful. The goal is to make it more balanced but not overpowered. A hireling can be equipped with different items from start, even items that havn't been possible before. So, you hireling can be wearing a ring, amulet, glove, belt, boots when you are hireing it. But, it will not be possible to change what item the hireling are wearing.

Here are an example screenshot when a hireling are equipped with a ring.

Hireling Equipped with a Holy Fire Aura ring

A new website update is planned to be done this weekend (sunday probably)
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:05 am

This is a short info what happends currently!

I'm still working with layout/monsters in the first chapter. There are only a few area's left to add monsters/layout to now. After that i will start with converting many of the stuff that are made in 1.09d version of Dark Alliance.

I'm also working on a new website design (you can see a screenshot of that in the website thread). This new website i'm working on will help me a lot when i'm updating the site. Instead of taking 5-6 hours it will take a half an hour to update or so. More time left to mod then ;)

I have also some screenshots that shows some of the new stuff that has been added in the last month.

This is a sneak preview of some that will be expected in chapter6!
Zekleemoth Demon using a bow

This one will be found at the farmers!
Horse

Here are also one of the farmers that are living in the farmer area!
Janice Greyhawk

Here is a farmer that are possessed by a powerfull demon!
Vincent, A possessed Farmer
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:44 pm

kingpin";p="132133" wrote: I have also some screenshots that shows some of the new stuff that has been added in the last month.

This is a sneak preview of some that will be expected in chapter6!
Zekleemoth Demon using a bow
a nice demon, will it shoot a special projectile inestead of classic arrows like Soul arrows that hurt your mana and stamina? :twisted:
This one will be found at the farmers!
Horse
a Horse!!!!!! you got an animation of horses!!! they can move and attack? what they do!!! where do you get them? do you will release it as a secret pluging? :jump:

here comes my dreams to have the powerful Nightmare and the Thundermare glad to see at least them in a game :mrgreen:
Janice Greyhawk
I only hope they are not like the first level creatures the Knight had on Heroes of Might & Magic 2 ;)
Here is a farmer that are possessed by a powerfull demon!
Vincent, A possessed Farmer
hmm and what happens to this one? the Demon will resurge after you destroy its carcass? (thiniking on those evil Crysallid from UFO: Enemy unknow *shrugs*)

your mod is looking really good congrats :thumb:
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:32 pm

Janice Greyhawk
I only hope they are not like the first level creatures the Knight had on Heroes of Might & Magic 2 ;)

What the peasants?? They were bloody useless... Thousands of skeletons all the way!!!!!! *Returns to the mausoleum*
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

Return to “Dark Alliance”