Betatest1 - General Discussion

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

No votes

Total votes: 0

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Betatest1 - General Discussion

Post by kingpin » Sat May 17, 2003 11:59 pm

This topic is for the betatest of Dark Alliance sneakpeak version.

In here you can post anything that are not covered in the other betatest topics.

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Betatest1 - General Discussion

Post by Black Heart » Wed May 21, 2003 9:13 am

The extended inventory are not working I have the correct graphics but not the extended space.

I cannot equip herbs to belt?

Suggest selling tomes of identify as well as setting id scroll to right click for full Reload.
Last edited by Black Heart on Wed May 21, 2003 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed May 21, 2003 9:48 am

The extended inventory are not working I have the correct graphics but not the extended space.
This is strange, it should work. Others that have the same problem as Black Heart?
I cannot equip herbs to belt?
Yep, you cannot equip herbs into belts. They are not meant to be in belt of several reasons.

Herbs are meant to take some time to use. This is mainly because of the herbs is going to have an second ability.

As an example:
The herb that gives 5-10 life will also give 10% to your attack rating for 30sec.

Also, since the herbs are stackable. I belive they would be to powerfull to have in belt.

But, if we found out they are better suit in belt. I'm going to change it to that.
Suggest selling tomes of identify as well as setting id scroll to right click for full Reload.
ID scrolls are going to be change in their functionallity.

Level1 ID Scrolls will only ID Magic items
Level2 ID Scrolls will only ID Rare items
Level3 ID Scrolls will only ID Set items
Level4 ID Scrolls will only ID Unique items

The Vendor will only sell Level1 ID Scrolls. But, this scrolls could and the tome for it could be done in the way you suggest.

I can fix this into next TC tweak version.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri May 23, 2003 10:02 pm

Ok, now when we have got the drop to be balanced at the moment. We can focus on other things.

How is the difficulty in different area's?

If you read on my website you can found out the expected area level. The character should be atleast that level when he enter the cave/wilderness.

The system Dark Alliance use is to have Wilderness Area's more easy than Cave levels. You can find cave's that are really hard Mystic and Haunted Cave. This caves are in the beginning of the Chapter.

A brave or dumb hero could enter that level when he is level 3-5 if he want.

Haunted Cave level has at the moment expected level of 5-6, but i have a feeling that this expected level is far to low. It should be between 7-10 i belive in its current state. Should i higher the expected player level or should i lower the hidden's lightning damage?

What i want to know if this list feels correct or if there needs to change.

I also want to know if there are monsters that deals to much damage both melee/range/magic attacks. This could ofcourse be in the opposite also, is there monsters that are to weak? or, anything else that feels wrong with the monsters.

EDIT:

Remember to post suggestions in betatest1 - balance.

Also, i'm working on the next testversion that will be ready sometimes in saturday/sunday.

EDIT2:
Black Hearth are you still having this problem? since i talked with others and it works for them. So, if you still have this problem i think you have missed somethings. Let me know if it works, not works.
Last edited by kingpin on Fri May 23, 2003 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed May 28, 2003 2:52 pm

I'm working on the next test version BetaPack 1.5. This version has grown more than i first thougth about. So this will take some time to finish it. I will extend the betatest period and probably take some more betatesters.

This is what will be implemented in this next test version:

* +200 Monster specific unique items (Almost done, only missing a few items)
* +76 Monster specific set items (Complete)
* All missing Class specific items for the first chapter (This is the next thing i'm working on)
* Change a lot of quest rewards (Now Horadic Cube will be enabled as a questreward in the first chapter) (Complete)
* Enable a lot of cuberecipes (Monster set recipes, Monster part recipes)
* Adding a lot of new recipes (Monster set recipes, Monster part)
* Adding some Cluescrolls
* Adding a lot of spellscrolls
* Fix current buggs

EDIT:
5/6 Adding some more that will be implemented in the next test version.
8/6 Added all 82 new monster specific setitems.
9/6 Added Horadic Cube as a quest reward instead of the ring reward after rescuing Cane (This will be the only change at the moment for rewards)
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Grovsnus

Post by Grovsnus » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:19 pm

Some thing about Mystic Cave...
A very strong upgrade of monster änd their abilitys should improve more resistance then that is now, the thought is that The Mystic Cave should be a very tough cave and not easyly run through!
For an example Haunted Cave - Hidden with a tough lightning..
I.e Mystic Cave - StormRiders - Lightning that almost do nothing, but the fact its in a cave that it sshould be harder in ...

So do some upgrade in Mystic cave to improve more satisfaction and resistance :!:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:00 pm

This is what will be implemented in this next test version Betatest Version 2.0:

* +200 Monster specific unique items (Almost done, only missing a few items)
* +76 Monster specific set items (Complete)
* All missing Class specific items for the first chapter (Complete)
* Change a lot of quest rewards (Now Horadic Cube will be enabled as a questreward in the first chapter) (Complete)
* Enable a lot of cuberecipes (Monster set recipes, Monster part recipes)
* Adding a lot of new recipes (Monster set recipes, Monster part)
* Adding some Cluescrolls
* Adding a lot of spellscrolls
* Fix current buggs

EDIT:
5/6 Adding some more that will be implemented in the next test version.
8/6 Added all 82 new monster specific setitems.
9/6 Added Horadic Cube as a quest reward instead of the ring reward after rescuing Cane (This will be the only change at the moment for rewards)
9/6 Added all new classitems
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:00 am

Betatest Period 1 has ended.

This topic is locked and new topics for Betatest Period 2 will come up.

Return to “Dark Alliance”