Player Suggestions

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

No votes

Total votes: 0

hert

Re: Player Suggestions

Post by hert » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:50 am

I also like the idea of trading off quantity for quality in most areas so that you dont get this huge amount of items to sell at npcs. I would like to see dodge techniques preset in each character so it wont be such a "your good because of your items, stats, and skills" kind of game and finally requires some action and thinking by the player.

It would also be cool to have small human camps in the wilderness with people in them. Houses, small time npc's and guards and hunters.

You could have sub quests be to contract kill some of these people in the camps/forts/houses also.

Theli
Paladin

Post by Theli » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:38 pm

What about an item, a "soul" perhaps, that could be combined with a gem (ruby, sapphire...) to create an elemental summoned creature that corelates to the type of gem used (ruby=fire, skull=skeleton, diamond=etherial). The summons would not exist as normal character-skills and both the gem and soul would be lost in the making. They could create a third object when combined in the cube, a charged gem so to speak that has one summon charge. The power of the summoned creature would relate to the level of gem used.
The soul could possibly also be embued with extra powers that the summon would be granted, like 20% increased hitpoints.

I'm not sure if this one has been mentioned before, but what about a prefix for magic weapons that increases their damage based on kills?
Last edited by Theli on Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Come, come and try some cosmic weed, and glance a world so strange indeed."
- Lake of Tears
http://www.theli.net

Skinakat?!

Post by Skinakat?! » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:37 am

You could create a soul weapon that monsters drop when you kill them for necromancers, and that soul gives the necro the ability to summon the monster that that soul came from.

you could also create an orb or something like that that you equip sorceressess with, and its power is affected by energy insted of strength or dextarity

Assassin only gloves and boots would also be cool
Last edited by Skinakat?! on Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

hert

Post by hert » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:26 am

I know it's not my opinion that counts, but I kind of dont like the idea of Based on kills because then people would be great at the game just because they spend more time on it, not because of skill or strategy.

Mylon

Post by Mylon » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:20 am

Hert: Diablo 2 is _not_ a game that lends itself well to game skill _or_ strategy. Rather, the skill and strategy in the game is all around building your character, which naturally requires time.

In short, all monsters can be beaten by simple strategy or another and this strategy needs only be repeated for the 50 or so of that kind you encounter in an area.

I major beef with Vanilla D2 is that the focus is on character building as I mentioned above, but you get a finite amount of resources (skill points, stat points). I've made suggestions here to include skill point books and stat elixirs and add ways to improve equipment limitlessly as a way to remove this restriction.

That is, after a certain point playing a character becomes boring because the character no longer grows. I don't want this to be the case with this mod as well.

Theli
Paladin

Post by Theli » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:34 pm

hert";p="179591" wrote:I know it's not my opinion that counts, but I kind of dont like the idea of Based on kills because then people would be great at the game just because they spend more time on it, not because of skill or strategy.
Isn't that always the case?
I mean, if you play longer and kill more enemies you get more experience, money and items. And this is what makes the character you are playing more powerful. Ofcourse strategy will always be a factor.
I would be great if you would use the "personalize item" quest-reward on one of those weapons when playing multiplayer. It would become more valuable, the older it gets and the more it's used. And it has your name writen on it. :)

I wonder if there's a way to alter names of items in cuberecepies. It would be fun to be able to buy an item (stamp or something) wich when combined with an equipment places your characters name on it like in the personalize item quest.

It would also be interesting if the price for selling the item would go up as it's damage increases, to further reflect it's increased worth.
"Come, come and try some cosmic weed, and glance a world so strange indeed."
- Lake of Tears
http://www.theli.net

acdc14235
Paladin

Re: [Character] Sorceress

Post by acdc14235 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:21 am

Heres is an idea for skills that would maybe make people want to max them more.

Whenever you have a skill at acertain level, it may gain a new feature, such as piercing, or an extra "bolt". This would be called something like "2nd Power Skill", and it would gain the extra effect at a certain level (it wont work with items with + skills, you have to put skill points into it.)

Then maybe when you max it, it gains yet another new effect, such as much more increased damage, a new type of damage, or anything else you can think of!

What do ya think? :?: :!:
dfagdafh

narcro

Re: [Character] Sorceress

Post by narcro » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:21 pm

acdc14235";p="180909" wrote:Heres is an idea for skills that would maybe make people want to max them more.

Whenever you have a skill at acertain level, it may gain a new feature, such as piercing, or an extra "bolt". This would be called something like "2nd Power Skill", and it would gain the extra effect at a certain level (it wont work with items with + skills, you have to put skill points into it.)

Then maybe when you max it, it gains yet another new effect, such as much more increased damage, a new type of damage, or anything else you can think of!

What do ya think? :?: :!:
sounds good if it works ingame

does'nt this belong in the player suggestion thread?
Last edited by narcro on Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:06 pm

sounds good if it works ingame

does'nt this belong in the player suggestion thread?
You are right,

I have moved the post to right thread instead.

hert

Post by hert » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:31 pm

M_y_l_o_n: thank_you_for_clearing that up_for_me, just_next_time_you post_type_like_a_normal_person. I_am_not_retarded, and I_believe_neither_are you_!_!_! _ ;) _

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:24 pm

hert/Mylon remember to keep everything at a friendly level. It's quite common we all have different opinions. So, lets go back to talk about any suggestions you all have instead.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:56 pm

My main suggestion is that each character class had a skill that allows him to create an item out of it, and only with that skill you get that item.

Example druid with the herbs, and sorceress scrolls :)

the amazon could make special arrows with the flecher skill (or let it be a general skill from all characters) :P
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:19 pm

Good idea!

:arrow: Barbarian can make drinks, like Beer, Wine, Rum and other - these increase Barbarian's strength, etc.
:arrow: Paladin can make holy symbols, holy water etc. - and gain bonuses for fighting with undeads/demons.
:arrow: Assasin can make traps - I don't know yet, how would it work, but you can remove traps from Assasin's skills.
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!
"The Defile" - Forum - currently closed
The best guide for every modmaker!

Mythrander101
Champion of the Light

Post by Mythrander101 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:08 pm

I have another couple of ideas.

We all know that chests can be locked. Well, how about some doors that are locked, but you have to find a special key to open it (this may be part of a miniquest, who knows?).

And...

Before you enter the monastery, there is a door in the east part of the wall, maybe this could be an enterance to a level or something.

Myth101 :snipersmile:
Last edited by Mythrander101 on Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Internal Tester for Diablo II: Dark Alliance Mod.

People say that I suffer from insanity, but I don't suffer from it, I enjoy every moment of it!

World of Warcraft:
Realm: Feathermoon/Alliance
Name: Alistania, Tank

DeClineD
Retired staff
Angel

Post by DeClineD » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:16 am

We all know that chests can be locked. Well, how about some doors that are locked, but you have to find a special key to open it
I think thats already included... :)
Before you enter the monastery, there is a door in the east part of the wall, maybe this could be an enterance to a level or something.
Is the monastary present in DA?
Terms of Service
Beginner's guide v1.4 (Word|PDF)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:41 am

Is the monastary present in DA?
Yep,

The most of the original areas is still left. Instead have we increased the acts with more levels.

We all know that chests can be locked. Well, how about some doors that are locked, but you have to find a special key to open it

I think thats already included... icon_smile.gif
Yep, you are right. We have already posted about this feature in main discussion thread.

Mythrander101
Champion of the Light

Post by Mythrander101 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:44 am

The most of the original areas is still left. Instead have we increased the acts with more levels.
Sounds great!

Myth101

People say that I suffer from insanity, but I don't suffer from it, I enjoy every moment of it!

World of Warcraft:

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:56 pm

Suggestion for the Fourth skilltab.

I was thinking a Forge items skill on this tab could be a good idea, let them create Items for only a class, these created items will also become better (also becomes magic or rare at higher skills levels)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:32 am

How about a skill all players can learn....

Eternal Town Portal, creates a eternal town portal *like shrines* that can be used constantly, if you cast the spell more than once then the old eternal dissapears and a new eternal appears.

The town portals require a item to cast, lets say Nexus Stone. These stones are only found by monsters, and the Eternal Town portal when cast uses up all your mana and leaves you with 1 life.

----

Another type of Cube.

Hell's Box.

This cube is a cube that uses 2 parts.
The first part is the Hell's Key, dropps by, of course, the smith. This will only drop if you do not already have a key, if you drop your key than kill the smith again you can pick it up again. But you can only have 1 at any time.
The second Piece is the Hell's Box its self. Which is dropped by Hephasto in act 4.
What this cube does is it can do any cube recipie but the results are not the same as the horodric cube.

Such as, a example, would be combining 3 chipped gems inside this cube with the key can result in the nomral flawed gem. or at a 20% chance, result in the same chipped gem except you destroyed the other 2.
and at another 20% chance, will upgrade it a level beyond. To a normal. Then there is the LOW chance of 5% that it will turn into a flawless.

When doing crafting recipies, there is a chance that all the components will be destroyed and the item that you crafted will turn into a crude item.

Like say a recipie to turn a sword into a crafted sword can result in the base crafted stats etc, or....... Will cause you to lose all components and turn the item into a crude item with 0 durability.
And then at a lower chance the possibility to add extra stats to the item that it should not get.
Like say getting a cruel damage prefix on a crafted item were it should not get. This is of course if you meet the level requirments.
Last edited by Nevbo on Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:35 am

OMG! I just had the coolest idea and it would be a awsome addition to this mod.

Mkay!
There will be these things called avatars, and each one will represent a prime evil. They will be little things that support the monsters in the area.

Each one does diffrent things, If by chance you are unlucky and get see a Avatar of Baal all the monsters in the area will be supported with a aura that makes them Immune to EVERYTHING. magic, physical, elements etc.

So basicly every monster withing about 5-6 screens you wont beable to do anything to. What you need to do is locate the avatar, a stationary object, does not fight back or nething, when you locate it you can destroy it, it will drop a glowing treasure chest of contents and disable all the support for all the monsters around you.

Avatar of Diablo Increases all monsters speed, Attack Speed, Defense, AR, and when they die their body rests in peace.

Avatar of Mephisto makes all the monsters immune to all types of magic, they get higher hitpoints, more damage, and when they die their body corpse explodes with a small range.

This would make it awsome to keep players from just running around killing mosnters without thinking, instead if they see that monsters around them are way too strong then they need to locate the avatar which could be pretty far away and destroy it.

But the avatars also need to be big enough so players can see them without it being hidden behind a tree or somethign too =P

aww crap i did't know i was the last one to post in this thread =x
Last edited by Nevbo on Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

gandalf{xan}
Paladin

Post by gandalf{xan} » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:53 am

INow I just need a good Giant Scorpion anim :)
i dont know if they can be used in d2, but fallout had some nice giant scorpions :twisted:
Last edited by gandalf{xan} on Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
life´s too short. . .

Mythrander101
Champion of the Light

Post by Mythrander101 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:31 pm

If i remember correctly, the game Nox had some really cool monsters, some of them extremely hard. but then again...
i dont know if they can be used in d2
Myth101

World of Warcraft:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:27 pm

To be able to use an anim from any game we need a way to extract them to a gif anim. If anyone has a tool to extract those give a link and we will look at those and see what fits into da :P

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:29 pm

www.lineage.com has alot of decent animations that can be used.....

the game client its a MMO but i know people have extracted the images before. Just finding out how to do it would require asking one of the fan sites because i know nothing!

TOONSLAYER

Post by TOONSLAYER » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:52 am

sorry for posting in a topiv that is over 4 yeas old but this was the best place to put thisi think.

ok so this was an idea i was thinking might be cool but maybe not. (skill and item idea)

ok so maybe monsters could have a chance to drop skins, pelts, scales and so on, and after you collect so many of one monsters pelt you can cube them togeather to make an armor. now what this armor would do is have a few stats the relate to the monster it self and it also morphs you into it. and you could have like a weaving skill or somthing that you have to level to make this armor out of different types of monsters. and this should only work for armor and not helms and boots or gloves only because there might be issues with wearing multiple armor types.

so lets say you are level 1 and in the blood moor and you kill 3 fallens and all of them drop a skin, now you pop open you cube and drop all these skins into it and hit imbune and ba, you got armor. you put iton and you now run around as a fallen.

so keeping wiht the fallen theme the armor should reflect this monster so maybe it would add some fire res and damage.

and for the weaving skill level one could be fallens and then max level could be weaving baal skins or somthing like that.

idk if this is a good idea or not just figured i would throw it out there.

Return to “Dark Alliance”