Player Suggestions

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

No votes

Total votes: 0

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Player Suggestions

Post by kingpin » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:44 pm

I have decided to make a post where you can post all ideas you have for Dark Alliance. It will be a lot easier for both other users and us if we try to keep those ideas in one post. The ideas you post in this thread is ideas that doesn't have an own topic created for it already.

An example if you have ideas of new unique items. You add the idea to the unique item topic instead off here :)

I have collected links to other threads with suggestions/ideas from you all down here, the originally topic's have been locked so the discussion about those ideas can continue in here instead.

Links to different ideas/suggestions

Questions about mercs

Different ideas by dank0

Runes of Spells

Different skill ideas

Different Ideas

Ideas about the character meets the gamemakers

more ideas from Danko

Ideas about de-oil, de-socket and skill ideas

Stone & metal names, bodyparts and misc ideas
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Re: Player Suggestions

Post by Vendanna » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:32 pm

New monster idea:

Goblin Demolition Team (its a goblin/fallen that has a huge explosive barrel on his back)

similar idea as the suicide minions on act 5, these could have a explosion upon death for more colateral damage :twisted:

there will be a land filled of spirit creatures? (translucid oponents with high resistance to physical & magic attacks)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:46 pm

Goblin Demolition Team (its a goblin/fallen that has a huge explosive barrel on his back)
Why havn't I thougth about this one before? :)

Time to make a call to our animation artist so he can do a Goblin Demolition Team animation :twisted:

there will be a land filled of spirit creatures? (translucid oponents with high resistance to physical & magic attacks)
Yep, there will exist areas where spirit creatures can live.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:26 am

Another suggestion that I'm not sure if can be made tough but I had a little niece that wants me put it here:

A "Red portal" monster that moves towards you, and when he reaches you you get teleported.

Variation a monster that throw at you a teleport missile that will make you appear on a random place.

Black Omen's production

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:33 am

Ha, that reminds me about the town kill in Diablo1 :)

I think it would be really hard to do. But, another evil thing could be to add a "portal" monster. When you swing to hit him, you get transportet throu a red portal ;)

Les Ernas

Post by Les Ernas » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:25 am

I thought about some cube recipes for building your own weapons/armor.

There are some basic things for every of these recipes:
+Hammer (sure)
+Anvil (of course... :roll: )

Needed for all melee weapons:
Basic ingredients:
+Metal (There are many kinds of metal, the output depends on the input-metal)
+ Shaft (many kinds of shafts, they determine some stats, like the input-metal)

Optional, for better customized results, but hard to find
+ Gems, runes, bodyparts, crystals, elemental stones, spellscrolls, whatever... (these things add additional stats to the output-item.)

Needed for all ranged weapons:
Basic ingredients:
+Wood
+ Arrow-Heads

Optional, for better quality
+ gems, etc, like the weapons-recipe

Needed for all kinds of armor
Basic ingredients:
+Metal
+Spellscroll (I'm not sure about this, maybe you have a better idea ;) )

Optional, for better results
+ like above: gems, crystals etc.

Of course, there are many common and only a few uncommen metals. The "lowlevel" metals are easy to find, but do not give good stats, the rare metals give better stats.

A nice possibility to get the rare metals would be the option to cube them.
Input -> Output:
Loxlevel Metal + Magc ingredient (spellscroll, runes, gems etc) -> Rarer metal.

Hammer and anvil can be bought from the smiths in the various towns, some cheap metals too.
Perhaps you could add some "ancient" smiths that are a bit hidden but have better metals/magic ingredients to sell. :lol:
two hens, three geese

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:55 pm

Mercenaries Should have different skills than the players (prefer to give them their own skills)

this way, the sets from these mercenaries can boost their skills and players will see these less useful for them :)

when a Mercenarie wears a Mercenary Full set, they will glow like valkiries ;)

what do you think on a "gambling Pot" you only can buy them at NPCs (like greed or it was gheed)

when you had the desired gambling pot, you throw it as it where a Throwing potion and it will release an item from it that changes from pot to pot.
Last edited by Vendanna on Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Black Omen's production

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:12 am

I will have some surprises related to mercenaries when its time to work on them, they are still not done :)

when you had the desired gambling pot, you throw it as it where a Throwing potion and it will release an item from it that changes from pot to pot.
I have no idea, need to think about this one :)

It wouldn't be a problem to make it :)

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:12 pm

Maybe you won't believe, but I have idea for such a weapon creating system. My idea is about 2 weeks ago. :cry:. But if people have the same ideas... Ehh... I haven't now enough good ideas for my mod :cool:.

Les Ernas, you have good imagination :)
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!
"The Defile" - Forum - currently closed
The best guide for every modmaker!

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:30 pm

It's possible to make Hidden set items between the uniques? (aka gold color and grant additional bonuses if you wear two parts of them)

as example:

Ashuro (Dark Color Katana) [unique katana]

Komi (white color Wakizashi (wakizashi is a short sword equivalent to katana) [unique wakizashi]

enables the Set "Dark Daisho" and get especial bonuses.

Edit: the above sounds a really hard task to do, so I'll suggest othet thing inestead.

since there is an Avenger form for Paladin, why don't have the "Holy Avengers" swords here.

the idea is Two-handed swords builts on low dmg% to undead and ar against them (paladin only?) and when you form the correct runeword on them the spirit of the Holy Avenger awakens (or it is better for uniques only?)

this way, as example:

Faith is the Way (The Holy Avenger)

Grants lvl x Sanctuary when equipped
%dmg max against undeads
+x to mana after each undead kill
chance to blind undeads?
X% Increased attack speed.

or this other idea

Divine Law (The Holy Avenger)

Indestructible
adds damage of X
x% chance of cast Holy Bolt on attack
Oskill Divine Grace

Divine Grace skill

During a time, the armor of the Bearer of this sword will burnt into Holy Flames, making the enemies who attack him/her suffer Burning damage for the offense.

(or its sounds better for an Empyreal armor unique item? Oo)

Edit 2:

And what do you opine of making a short sword (shield) that will parry attacks (class especific shield so it only need a few animations changes) that way you could end with a nice dual wielding but capable of blocking :P

(maybe barb specific, it may look awesome, but only if you had time & want to make it since that is a time consuming feature and we don't want to make you take years to finish the mod :oops: )
Last edited by Vendanna on Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Black Omen's production

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:30 pm

And what do you opine of making a short sword (shield) that will parry attacks (class especific shield so it only need a few animations changes) that way you could end with a nice dual wielding but capable of blocking

(maybe barb specific, it may look awesome, but only if you had time & want to make it since that is a time consuming feature and we don't want to make you take years to finish the mod )
It will take time to finish the final version. But, for the preview version no new feature is added. We just try to finish what is left to make. We will take a look into the suggestions that comes up and add those that fit into the mod & doesn't take to much time to make :)

Mythrander101
Champion of the Light

Post by Mythrander101 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:10 pm

KINGPIN:

I have an idea. Tho it might not be as good as most, i'll state it anyway because i think it would be handy to have.

Is it possible to click on the mini-map itself? The Idea:

Haven't you ever found your finger tiring from constant holding down of the mouse button?? Well, what if you could hold down like the "alt" key (or something like that) and click on the Minimap telling your char to go to that point on the map, other than constantly holding down the mouse forever and ever getting there. Would it work??

Myth :snipersmile:
Internal Tester for Diablo II: Dark Alliance Mod.

People say that I suffer from insanity, but I don't suffer from it, I enjoy every moment of it!

World of Warcraft:
Realm: Feathermoon/Alliance
Name: Alistania, Tank

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:20 pm

Is it possible to click on the mini-map itself? The Idea:
Sorry, thats not possible to make. We have to live with damaged fingers :)

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:11 pm

there will be Dwarves on the mod, I miss them a lot, and I tough they are actually nice.

they charge you a lot of money for items, they may be able to craf runic items or indestructible/high durability items (after all a Dwarf worked on that ;))

they could also have a % chance to get drunk when attack if you put them like the barbarians on act 5 bloodhills.

whan drunk, they attack faster and deal more damage.

also they axes deals more damage to elves & orcs.

well its a idea :D

Edit: when they are drunk, put an overlay on them like a message that says "Hic! Hic!" over their head so you know they are drunken ;)
Last edited by Vendanna on Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Omen's production

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:24 pm

there will be Dwarves on the mod, I miss them a lot, and I tough they are actually nice.

they charge you a lot of money for items, they may be able to craf runic items or indestructible/high durability items (after all a Dwarf worked on that )
Nice,

I'm fan of Dwarves, elves, orcs myself :)

they could also have a % chance to get drunk when attack if you put them like the barbarians on act 5 bloodhills.
It would be even more fun if you was a Dwarves yourself, each time you was drunk the screen shakes :twisted:

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:30 pm

kingpin";p="169099" wrote:It would be even more fun if you was a Dwarves yourself, each time you was drunk the screen shakes :twisted:
make them sell Dwarven Beer and make that effect happens when you drink it ;)

Edit:

[maybe not for this mod]

and what do you think of add Runic magic scrolls? you open a blank runic scroll, enter a scroll runeword and once you cast it, it dissapear.

probably too much code editing for that.

there will be any miscellaneous things that are only collectables? (example, a card for each monster that grants nothing but its a collectible item? [so players can also exchange them]

another stupid idea following that one, what happens if you make each card have a text, like on magic cards, and use the Trade window as a Table to play the card game with other players? :) [maybe card game rules on the website]
Last edited by Vendanna on Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Omen's production

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:02 pm

make them sell Dwarven Beer and make that effect happens when you drink it
This is to fun to not add. It can give +to strength (as usual in rpg) and less chance to hit :)

and what do you think of add Runic magic scrolls? you open a blank runic scroll, enter a scroll runeword and once you cast it, it dissapear.
Not a bad idea. This would be an idea to look more into how to do it. If we are able to make it working I would definitly add it.

there will be any miscellaneous things that are only collectables? (example, a card for each monster that grants nothing but its a collectible item? [so players can also exchange them]

another stupid idea following that one, what happens if you make each card have a text, like on magic cards, and use the Trade window as a Table to play the card game with other players? [maybe card game rules on the website]
This is too cool idea 8-O

If you want to work out the rules for a in-game trade card game I would definitly add it :)

But, this is ofcourse somethings we would add last :)

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:22 pm

I will try my best for that task, since it may end as an awesome feature, the trade window is too simple, tough so the table would end like on apprentice or other card games.

of course, since this is probably one of the last features, we have a lot of time to research the ideas and rules of this minigame.

you also could add a Booster pack on the gamble window that will produce on right-click a random card (normally commons)

Edit:

What do you think about include phoenix as a monster pet?

at first I tough you can add two skill on death as equipment to it, so it will explode in a burst of flames and also will spawn a phoenix2 on death (ala chaman fetish) so it reborn from his ashes... one time (or using those zombies that can resurrect)

there will be Giant scorpions on the mod? (I remember the act 2 critter, maybe a giant one will make the desert more crazy :P)
Last edited by Vendanna on Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Omen's production

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:27 am

I will try my best for that task, since it may end as an awesome feature, the trade window is too simple, tough so the table would end like on apprentice or other card games.
Nice, since I think this could be a really great multiplayer feature :)

I love all those small mini-games in games :)

What do you think about include phoenix as a monster pet?

at first I tough you can add two skill on death as equipment to it, so it will explode in a burst of flames and also will spawn a phoenix2 on death (ala chaman fetish) so it reborn from his ashes... one time (or using those zombies that can resurrect)
Isn't it possible to add two death-skill modifiers?

I have a boss who have this self-ressurect ability :twisted:

there will be Giant scorpions on the mod? (I remember the act 2 critter, maybe a giant one will make the desert more crazy

Thats a good suggestion. Since I will still use the desert theme for chapter2 this would fit into there. Now I just need a good Giant Scorpion anim :)

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Chapter One - A trace of darkness

Post by sPoT » Mon May 03, 2004 1:45 pm

Bigger areas are OK, but you can add some new unique monsters - some heros, who get off for search for Blood Raven, and now they're cursed, and fightning against you.

In blood moors you can add some rogues fightning against monsters, and helping you in fight. This area is nearby Rogue Encampment, so there should be some rogues in my opinion ;).

There can be palced a few dens in Cold Plains, where bears, wolves and such creatures are living.

In Black Marsh can spawn few types of weak demons - spirits and such... And maybe some robbers - who have treasures with them. You know - robbed caravans and these things :mrgreen:.

You can add some traps in some areas, like these in act 3 vanilla.

I was wondering, if it's possible to make a special curse be casted on player, when you are in special area (like Baal's curses in Throne of Destruction) - especially in Den of Evil and Burial Grounds. It can be curse, which reduce our defense or attack rating or such, which fear induce :).

In Mystic Tomb: do u want to place Leoric here? :mrgreen:

In Demon Cave: add some servants for this sorceress :) They can be Weak Necromancers with some curses and tooths/bone spears :cool:.
Last edited by sPoT on Mon May 03, 2004 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon May 03, 2004 2:35 pm

I merge your reply you wrote in the story thread. Your post belonged more into here.

We have already finished all parts from your suggestions in the first chapter since long time. Some off your suggestions is similar to what is added already.

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Mon May 03, 2004 3:05 pm

Mhm. I understand. But it may be helpful for next versions of mod, yeah? :mrgreen:

EDIT: I have idea for clue scrolls - special kind of them. Try to make some monsters with negative immunities: e.g. -50%. You can find scrolls, that says: "monster X doesn't like fire" and such clauses.

Another idea: try to make some clauses on scrolls codded - I mean "in other language" :). Maybe you should ask some npc's about your scrolls, that says: "Afiao larjs keicns sirm + diema docie = chwtoscu" :mrgreen:. You can make some affixes, with such strings - player must ask npc's and read some books etc. for encode this clause ;). I think, that it's a good idea, and can be used in DA. :P
Last edited by sPoT on Mon May 03, 2004 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue May 04, 2004 9:24 pm

I have idea for clue scrolls - special kind of them. Try to make some monsters with negative immunities: e.g. -50%. You can find scrolls, that says: "monster X doesn't like fire" and such clauses.
Some monsters have weak element, I haven't used this so much yet but will use it later. Good you reminded me to add this to the cluescrolls.

try to make some clauses on scrolls codded - I mean "in other language" . Maybe you should ask some npc's about your scrolls, that says: "Afiao larjs keicns sirm + diema docie = chwtoscu" . You can make some affixes, with such strings - player must ask npc's and read some books etc. for encode this clause . I think, that it's a good idea, and can be used in DA
This is not a bad idea. It wouldn't be any problem to implement it either.

Molmoch

Re: Unique Items

Post by Molmoch » Wed May 05, 2004 4:48 pm

Random thoughts from a casual variant type player.

1) Martial arts outfits. Could these be set items? Maybe the set items do not generate any bonus if a weapon is equipped?

2) Set items generation. One of my biggest beefs with set items is the infrequency of drops. By the time someone has gathered all the items, they usually have better rares than the set could generate. Otherwise set items become twinks for new characters.

3) Lesser powered uniques need to drop more often. I still remember back to D1 when I found a Flesh of Torn Souls (right name?) on level 2 before fighting the Butcher. I wish there were more drops of lesser powered uniques in order to get a better feeling for the casual gamer.

4) The most powerful items in the game should be rares. This encourages the power gamer types to really go at it.

5) Runewords / gems / insertables. I really like some of the concepts in the Kingdom of Tenai mod where a person has to make trade-offs between magic, rare, and strong viable socketed items. Not saying take those ideas, but I like the balancing issues.

6) I am not advocating simply more drops to increase ease of gameplay. I just wish there were more options available to the casual player.

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Thu May 06, 2004 2:47 pm

What do you think about placing some negative values on affixes Kingpin? There can be a new class of items - cursed, like in Diablo I. I think, that it will be cool.

There can exist two types of cursed items:
* these, which gives only negative bonus (bonus?? :mrgreen:)
* these with negative and positive bonus at once

People will have to search for their items more frequently. What do you think about it?

Return to “Dark Alliance”