[Released] 0.04.08.05.03 patch

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

[Released] 0.04.08.05.03 patch

Post by kingpin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:57 pm

There is currently a first patch in work for preview version. The patch will contain a numerous of fixes reported both in the public test, and from internal testers. The patch is aswell a preparation for second chapter. The second chapter will be released as a public pre-alpha release once it's in a stage to be ready for public. If you want to know more what to expect in second chapter you can read this thread

Planned release date: 2008-10-10.

This is what's currently planned for the patch:

* Bugfixes
* Fix known spelling issues
* Fix known graphic issues
* Tune balancing based on reported issues
* Fix palette for all items, gui to be complatible with all acts.
* Add a new chest in countess room that have higher chance to drop runes compare to regular chests.
* simplify the code for enable/disable classes (i.e move code from asm to c++)
* Add 3 new class subquests that all have a fun related theme.
* The Druid quest is around the Cow theme. For non druids the cow in Rogue Encampment will not give any quest. Instead it just give a moo msg. If a druid have reach atleast level 10. He will be able to start the cow quest
* Druids get a new class only cuberecipe that is related to fun theme. That produce a total random result.
* Special bodyparts will come into use in new recipe.
* Custom display will be implemented for display "immune to stonecurse" and other custom display on bosses (note: Bosses is already immune to stonecurse. But, doesn't display it on client side just). An example can be found here
* New Unique Items
* New Monster Crafted Items
* New Cluescrolls
* New Craftrecipes
* Charsi's Key will have an end subquest.
Last edited by kingpin on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:02 am, edited 9 times in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: [Upcomming] 0.04.08.05 patch

Post by kingpin » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:55 pm

I have been working on improve the quest items (on use items). A known issue is the Magical Light scroll that you need to use to access an area you othervise can't get access to. If you die, stop play. There is currently no good way to retrive the scroll again. Cain have not been offering any way to get it back. Now, in the upcomming patch this will change. You will have a way to get the Magical Light scroll again.

Deckard Cain
He have opened up a trade option for those who is working on the evil down in Den of Evil Level 2 or have completed it before.

He have got a new trade option that only shows up after you have got to the state where you get a magical light scroll (that is part of the executioner subquest). He will offer this service aswell if you have completed the quest.

A new trade option

To get a new magical light scroll you need to trade any chipped gem with him.

Trade with Cain

You have recived the item. You see another improvment here. Then you gain anything you will get a message on the screen.

Magical Light Scroll

and finally if you haven't reach far enough on the exectioner quest chain he will show his regular trade menu.

Deckard Cain's regular menu

jwest88

Post by jwest88 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:42 am

Do you have an estimate of when it will come out, sorry for bothering you with stupid questions. Your mod is a little too hard for my tastes but yet it is awesome.

Keep up the good work Diabolic Studios and Kingpin. :D

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:04 am

[quote=jwest88";p="397039"]Do you have an estimate of when it will come out, sorry for bothering you with stupid questions. Your mod is a little too hard for my tastes but yet it is awesome.

Keep up the good work Diabolic Studios and Kingpin. :D[/quote]

I don't have an estimate for it yet. This month I'm busy with IRL work. so have hardly time to work on it as much as I want. But, next month I will work on it in the way I want again :)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:55 pm

I have a 4 weeks vacation now. So, have started to work on the patch again. So, it's time to show abit more what's comming in the patch.

Herbs
Some changes to herbs is in work.

* Herbs will now be stackable. An example you can see here
* Herbs will in general be improved for it's level.
* Herbs will in general have reduced cost to buy.
* New Herbs will be added.
Last edited by kingpin on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allas
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by allas » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:08 pm

Great to see your back again :D

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:42 pm

Some more updates on what will come in this patch.

New Oils
There is alot of bodyparts that intended not been used yet. The bodyparts I'm talking about is from the special monster classes and named bosses.

In this patch special monster classes bodyparts will come into use to craft special oils.

An example of one of the new oils that is used to a specific monster item.

Gargoylic Oil

New craft recipes
Elementals will drop a new type of bodypart. They currently lack obvious a bodypart drop. But, this will change in this patch. Now they will drop an item called "Sphere". This will be used in the new craft recipes.

You will be able to use monster rings, amulets and improve them with crafting. This is not falling into the regular monster craft recipes (i.e give purple items). Instead those will be orange items. i,e regular crafted items. They will ofcourse keep their base stat for their type of item.

An example of a monster crafted mortality ring

New monster item: Chilling Gloves and missing bodyparts

There was an error in Chilling Corpse droplist. He could drop an item that was supposed to be dropped Ixidor only. That item have been removed from their droplist and a new monster item is added instead named Chilling Gloves. This is a low level item that add as base stat +2-3 Cold Damage.

After have a complete check of bodypart list. A few erros been found and corrected. While doing this work documentation was made of monsters who lacked bodypart drops at all. This error have been corrected and all regular and monster specific classes have a chance to drop bodyparts now.

Low-Level skills
Most of the low level caster skills have been rebalanced on their mana. You should now find it easier to use spells early without constant use of mana. With the herb improvement this is hopefully enough. Some static mana cost skills been changed to use increased mana cost per level. but got their base mana cost lowered.

patch release date?
While patch getting closer to a stage where we will do a final testing. I can't give any release date yet. Alot of reported bugs have been slain. Some of the harder bugs will probably be left for any future patch.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:08 pm

The patch is finally getting close to a release stage. So, should hopefully be ready for release in not so long time.

I have been working on improve the monster display (this was a feature that was made years ago, but got lost in a harddisk crash. So, this is one of last thing's that was left on redo again from that crash).

Monsters can now have additional monType + immunity display (for stonecurse) and anything else I decide to add in future. There is a possibility once killcounter is fully implemented that the Diablo 1 reveal stat feature will get in.

An example how Palgmor's display have been improved.

EDIT:
Updated topic with release date of first patch for preview version.
Last edited by kingpin on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

alex131

Post by alex131 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:52 pm

Thank you again for the wonderful mod kingpin.
I can't wait for the fixing patch to come so i can start my character again and try to kill the skeleton in mistral keep 4 :)

Indred Cold

Re: [Released] 0.04.08.05.03 patch

Post by Indred Cold » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:52 am

The adepts way for the sorc doesn't seems to be working for me. I finally got all the fallen shaman parts after 50+ clears of the cold plains, put everything plus an empty parchment which is still spelled pargment btw & nothing happens. They're all normal body parts from normal fallen shamans. I dont know why the recipe wont work.

I was thinking maybe could there be a way to use the cube to change from 1 monster body part to another to reduce grinding for 1 body part when some monsters have many parts. Like if u put say a fallen shaman heart in by itself, then hit transmute it would change to another part randomly, so you can cycle through to get the part u need. Or maybe just increase the drop rate of some cuz I found literally 3-5 of every other bodypart before I finally found a shaman flag

Also found a couple quill rat charms & chipped skulls that were unidentified.

Also got a pair of greaves from andariel I thought they were disabled in this patch?

My druid has already done the quest for that elf were he gives u that potion(forgot the name) but talking to him after patching the game he still doesn't give me anything. Do I have to give him the ingredients again or am I just not able to do it cuz I started before the patch?

Also in another thread someone said they found a runescroll off of that mad wizard just before the valley of paradise. I have also found it with my druid but have no idea how to start the quest. In the thread u said to read it then talk to cain, then later u said that wasn't the way. I know it's a rare quest but maybe a little hint as to how to get the quest started at least. It is implemented right? Your responses in that thread seemed to be rather cryptic. As mentioned above I've done almost every quest with my druid & talked to every npc numerous time, always keeping the runescroll in my inventory, but no one has said anything about it. K I guess I cant quote links for some reason. Argh. Anyway the topic in question is called "Runword Honor". Could u plz check that quickly when u have time. Again just a little explanation/clarification would be great. Just something to point me in the right direction.

Same question for charsi's quest. I know u said that the quest has a proper ending now & u can use her key on her chest when u find it. The chest in paligmer(sp) room isn't the her chest right? I only ask cuz ive done every quest I could with my druid except the mistral keep & the other bugged ones from before the patch & I've yet to find charsi's chest. Does it have a special appearance like the one in tristram that cain sends u to open. Im not asking u to tell me where it is Im just asking if A) can I still open it as I finished the quest long before the patch & B)Is it near the beginning or end of the act so I know, roughly at least, where to look out for it

The lycanthropy quest didn't remove the curse like I thought for my druid. Well to clarify I put it back on by mistake as I thought the cursed tag would be removed now that I had finished the quest. Now I can't get another heart as the shrine wont summon the werewolf again. Is the quest supposed to actually remove the curse from the amulet permanently or just once cuz I thought u could wear it like a normal item after the quest. If it's supposed to be 1 time only maybe it should be said more explicitly or if possible make the npc sell potions for a gem like cain does with the magical light scroll just in case someone does something stupid like me & puts it back on again after quest completion. Im not saying its a bug, it's my own fault for putting it back on, I guess I just misunderstood the permanent part. It sucks now Im stuck with that amulet.

My griping aside I really like this mod though it is way too hard till about lvl 10ish. I had actually forgot about it till I saw a post about it in the median forums. I remember hearing about it years ago & its cool to see all the new things made possible with the coding u guys have done. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to the act2 preview.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:55 pm

The adepts way for the sorc doesn't seems to be working for me. I finally got all the fallen shaman parts after 50+ clears of the cold plains, put everything plus an empty parchment which is still spelled pargment btw & nothing happens. They're all normal body parts from normal fallen shamans. I dont know why the recipe wont work.

I was thinking maybe could there be a way to use the cube to change from 1 monster body part to another to reduce grinding for 1 body part when some monsters have many parts. Like if u put say a fallen shaman heart in by itself, then hit transmute it would change to another part randomly, so you can cycle through to get the part u need. Or maybe just increase the drop rate of some cuz I found literally 3-5 of every other bodypart before I finally found a shaman flag
Think the biggest problem is to few fallen shamans to kill. Noticed on my sorceress I had same issue (still not completed the quest).

Will look into a way to improve this in next patch. Will also take a check on sorceress one again and see what's wrong.

Also found a couple quill rat charms & chipped skulls that were unidentified.
Suppose this was from Jewelbag? as been reported chipped skull got flagged as unID from jewelbag.

Will look into this aswell for the next upcomming patch.
Also got a pair of greaves from andariel I thought they were disabled in this patch?
They should been. But, seems atleast Andariel is not. For next patch there will be major rework on the teEx itself. So, greaves wont drop for sure after that :)

My druid has already done the quest for that elf were he gives u that potion(forgot the name) but talking to him after patching the game he still doesn't give me anything. Do I have to give him the ingredients again or am I just not able to do it cuz I started before the patch?
There is currently no way recover lost quest item that is handed in because of bugged quest. I think there is not much point to try and redo the recipe again. This as you are flagged already to got the reward.

Also in another thread someone said they found a runescroll off of that mad wizard just before the valley of paradise. I have also found it with my druid but have no idea how to start the quest. In the thread u said to read it then talk to cain, then later u said that wasn't the way. I know it's a rare quest but maybe a little hint as to how to get the quest started at least. It is implemented right? Your responses in that thread seemed to be rather cryptic. As mentioned above I've done almost every quest with my druid & talked to every npc numerous time, always keeping the runescroll in my inventory, but no one has said anything about it. K I guess I cant quote links for some reason. Argh. Anyway the topic in question is called "Runword Honor". Could u plz check that quickly when u have time. Again just a little explanation/clarification would be great. Just something to point me in the right direction.
It's a rare drop that start the quest iteself. If I remember right it's a quest scroll that drop that initiate the quest that uses this. So, only way to get it is grind and hope on luck. There is numerous of rare quests that start in different ways (drop, from npc e.tc).

Same question for charsi's quest. I know u said that the quest has a proper ending now & u can use her key on her chest when u find it. The chest in paligmer(sp) room isn't the her chest right? I only ask cuz ive done every quest I could with my druid except the mistral keep & the other bugged ones from before the patch & I've yet to find charsi's chest. Does it have a special appearance like the one in tristram that cain sends u to open. Im not asking u to tell me where it is Im just asking if A) can I still open it as I finished the quest long before the patch & B)Is it near the beginning or end of the act so I know, roughly at least, where to look out for it
Chars's Key is not used in Palgmor's Cellar. It's usable later on. If you done the first part of quest and got the key. You can use it later on. The chest is found after Andariel (so in one of the new areas :)). The chest itself is a dropable item. So, isn't any static object you need to run around and find.

The lycanthropy quest didn't remove the curse like I thought for my druid. Well to clarify I put it back on by mistake as I thought the cursed tag would be removed now that I had finished the quest. Now I can't get another heart as the shrine wont summon the werewolf again. Is the quest supposed to actually remove the curse from the amulet permanently or just once cuz I thought u could wear it like a normal item after the quest. If it's supposed to be 1 time only maybe it should be said more explicitly or if possible make the npc sell potions for a gem like cain does with the magical light scroll just in case someone does something stupid like me & puts it back on again after quest completion. Im not saying its a bug, it's my own fault for putting it back on, I guess I just misunderstood the permanent part. It sucks now Im stuck with that amulet.
If the item itself is left. The curse is supposed to be removed from the item. I need to check up again what the ending was supposed to be done. It definitly doesn't sounds right that you can start the quest again (as quest wont reset).

My griping aside I really like this mod though it is way too hard till about lvl 10ish. I had actually forgot about it till I saw a post about it in the median forums. I remember hearing about it years ago & its cool to see all the new things made possible with the coding u guys have done. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to the act2 preview.
thnx :)

Preview version is intended hard to give a challenge. Once mod open up more areas the earlier will be somewhat easier. Still earlier on need to be toned down abit.

Indred Cold

Post by Indred Cold » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:57 am

It's not a big deal about the adepts quest. Just a little annoying cuz it took so long to find all the parts. Oh well on to the valley of paradise.

The chipped skulls were from a jewel bag yeah.

Hmm so the runescroll quest is started by finding a quest scroll. I see. Will keep an eye out for one.

Charsi's chest is a drop too. thx for the info.

The werewolf quest doesn't reset but the amulet is still cursed. I put it back on after doing the quest cuz I had no other one to wear & I thought that doing the quest made it a normal unique item that I could equip/remove at will. Now with the quest done I have no way of taking it off again. I dunno if it was supposed to only take the item off once or remove the curse permanently. I can still use my skills if I almost die then run away.

Oh yeah one other thing. Playing last night the game crashed fighting the mad wizard before the valley of paradise(I think this is a known bug) right after I had turned level 18. After loading the game again & going to learn some new skills from the trainer I couldn't. I know I'm level 18, I can wear the lvl 18 pool armour I had in my stash, I have 50 intellagince but it still has the lvl 18 skills in red so I can't learn them. I have plus 2 to intellagince so I have 48 hard points in int & not 49. It shouldn't matter though should it? That's not even the part that's in red. If I highlight the skill it say required int 49 in white but it says level 18 in red so the game thinks Im still level 17 for some reason I think. I had enough legend points & the right prereqs to learn the skills too. I think I had this problem around this level with my druid too. I'll try it again later tonight & try to get to level 19. Maybe then it'll work.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:22 am

Oh yeah one other thing. Playing last night the game crashed fighting the mad wizard before the valley of paradise(I think this is a known bug) right after I had turned level 18. After loading the game again & going to learn some new skills from the trainer I couldn't. I know I'm level 18, I can wear the lvl 18 pool armour I had in my stash, I have 50 intellagince but it still has the lvl 18 skills in red so I can't learn them. I have plus 2 to intellagince so I have 48 hard points in int & not 49. It shouldn't matter though should it? That's not even the part that's in red. If I highlight the skill it say required int 49 in white but it says level 18 in red so the game thinks Im still level 17 for some reason I think. I had enough legend points & the right prereqs to learn the skills too. I think I had this problem around this level with my druid too. I'll try it again later tonight & try to get to level 19. Maybe then it'll work.
What skill did you try to buy?

Indred Cold

Post by Indred Cold » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:23 am

I couldn't get any lvl 18 skill. After getting to the valley of paradise/bloodwood & getting half a lvl then I suddenly could buy them. :?: Dunno how/why they just suddenly were available.

I think the trainer counts + skills as hard points. If u have say +1 to glacial spike on ur armour like I did it wont let u buy another lvl in the skill so I had to take it off to put another point in it, even though I was lvl 20, so I should be allowed to have 3 points in it(lvl18,19,20). Aside from that I haven't had any problems since.

Well except for the strength essence quest. I got the elixir, got cursed, talked to cain but the scroll he gives me to summon the rhino demon boss doesn't do anything. I've tried using it by all 3 of the demon portals, in the farmer's cellar, even the spider cave but nothing happens.

Also which quest is the one that gives u the werewolf cursed amulet cuz I did all the bloodwood quests & I got a normal unique amulet instead of it. I could have sworn I got it in the bloodwood with my druid. Mabe its %chance or I probly just remembered wrong.

Found charsi's chest too. Got a nice amulet from it. I like how blessed items give different upgrades everytime. I have 3 different versions of that unique ring with 4% reanimate as skeleton on it, all with different bonuses. It makes uniques truly unique imo.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:43 am

I couldn't get any lvl 18 skill. After getting to the valley of paradise/bloodwood & getting half a lvl then I suddenly could buy them. icon_question.gif Dunno how/why they just suddenly were available.
The trainer look for your base skills. If you have a bonus to +skill that would enable you to use the skill. Then trainer it would still treat you to have 0 in the skill and fail to meet the requirement. This is ofc the case if you haven't bought the skill at all.

The same is for stat requirement. If you have any modified stats those doesn't count into the requirement.

I know however the skill description currently lack a check to this. It shows sometimes "white" text that everything is fine then it should display it with "red" text. I belive the opposite is an issue aswell. This will be improved in future.

I think the trainer counts + skills as hard points. If u have say +1 to glacial spike on ur armour like I did it wont let u buy another lvl in the skill so I had to take it off to put another point in it, even though I was lvl 20, so I should be allowed to have 3 points in it(lvl18,19,20). Aside from that I haven't had any problems since.
I will check this. This could indeed be the problem. Like I wrote above +skills shouldn't take into account then by a new rank. So, if it do. Then it's indeed a bug.

Well except for the strength essence quest. I got the elixir, got cursed, talked to cain but the scroll he gives me to summon the rhino demon boss doesn't do anything. I've tried using it by all 3 of the demon portals, in the farmer's cellar, even the spider cave but nothing happens.
Will check up this one.

Also which quest is the one that gives u the werewolf cursed amulet cuz I did all the bloodwood quests & I got a normal unique amulet instead of it. I could have sworn I got it in the bloodwood with my druid. Mabe its %chance or I probly just remembered wrong.
It's actually a random chance a mob drop this. So, you can find it on more than one place.

Found charsi's chest too. Got a nice amulet from it. I like how blessed items give different upgrades everytime. I have 3 different versions of that unique ring with 4% reanimate as skeleton on it, all with different bonuses. It makes uniques truly unique imo.
Thanks,

that's the intentions with the "blessed" stat to make the item more fun and unique :)

Indred Cold

Post by Indred Cold » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:03 am

I think thats why I couldn't get the skill then cuz I had 48 hard pts in int instead of 49. Is that an intended feature though? Whats the point of having +x to intelligiance if it doesn't count towards skill requirement so u can focus on using ur legend points on skills & not stats. Stats are much more expensive than skills. May as well just use + to mana then.

Thats weird about the wolf ammy Im 90% sure I got it for doing the singing tree quest. Oh well getting different rewards each time u do a quest adds variety & thats good.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:10 pm

I think thats why I couldn't get the skill then cuz I had 48 hard pts in int instead of 49. Is that an intended feature though? Whats the point of having +x to intelligiance if it doesn't count towards skill requirement so u can focus on using ur legend points on skills & not stats. Stats are much more expensive than skills. May as well just use + to mana then.
It was changed during development from use modified stats to base stats. This due to balance issues. As there is alot easier expect your base stats than your modified stats.

Herbs and Spellscrolls that modified stats was example very unbalanced because of this.

Modified stats itself gives more mana, health, stamina, chance to hit, defense e.tc.

EDIT:
While I have been converting the old treasureclass to the new treasureclass system. I noticed greaves indeed still dropping in the general armor treasure class. This was a typo and should been "Light Plate Boots" instead. This means currently Light Plated Boot's is not possible to get.
Last edited by kingpin on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrSpectator

Post by MrSpectator » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:13 pm

First off, I like your mod alot :)

Now for the bugs I've encountered:

Possible quest bugs
I can confirm that the scroll for summoning the horn demon in unnatural strength doesn't work :( (i've tried everywhere except mistral keep)

The body parts collecter talk option is wrong. He says he's the bloodelf blacksmith.

The mistral keep guardian talk options are wrong to, both of them say the same thing. It's the "mystery chest" from the valley of paradise

Thee quest embers (or something thats called like that), which you get from the rogue in the wasteland doesn't seem to work (i've cleared the whole are about 6 times now)

I can't seem to get the quest for the mistral keep key :( (i am level 22)

Possible skills bugs
While having the nice unique orb :) (thought it would be overpowered at first, but when i got further into the new areas i needed to drink more and more mana potions to stay alive, using lightning and the ball), i have an orb on switch with +1 town portal skill. (saves me the scrolls)

The problem is, when i have cast a town portal and die before i go to town and back the town portal will stay forever and for each and every town portal i cast after that a new one gets created. (I had a game where i had over 40 portals in town.. was hard which one to take)

The first ice skill (ice dart i believe) seems to hit more often on weaker monsters when i reach higher levels then on higher level monsters. Making me believe it uses attack rating (correct me if im wrong :P, and it could be inteded of course)

Possible other bugs
On my sorceress, whenever i die my remaining potions (the 2nd row) will not go to my inventory but stay in their place.
I can even use the first potion and the potion from the 2nd row will drop down, ready for usage when i haven't collected my corpse yet.
Clearly this is a bug, since it didn't happen on my druid

For some reason my sorceress didn't get the adept scroll when talking to kashyia (had to remake one and level her up to read what i needed)

Some recipes when read flash up for half a second and disappear inmediatly, yet they are still added into the book and can be read.

Questions & other stuff
First off, i've completed 27/30 sub quests (can't complete 2 of them, since i believe they're bugged). Are there much more sub quests to do?
:P

Second, are the obelisks placements randomized? Because I saw 2 on the badlands (close to each other) but couldn't find them anymore after I had gotten a clue on what they do (just my luck!)

Thirdly, any suggestions on where I could level my level 22 sorc? It's hard to get any experience!

And lastly, great mod :D :) [/b]

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:31 pm

First off, I like your mod alot

Bugs is preferable if it's reported in this thread. But, I will update in bug thread reported issues.

I can confirm that the scroll for summoning the horn demon in unnatural strength doesn't work icon_sad.gif (i've tried everywhere except mistral keep)
Thanks, will look up this. I don't have files infront of me. But, if I remember right you need do the summon in valley of paradise.

The body parts collecter talk option is wrong. He says he's the bloodelf blacksmith.

The mistral keep guardian talk options are wrong to, both of them say the same thing. It's the "mystery chest" from the valley of paradise
It's unfinished part. Atleast mistral keep option was intended to be done in last patch. But, both will come in the upcomming patch.

Thee quest embers (or something thats called like that), which you get from the rogue in the wasteland doesn't seem to work (i've cleared the whole are about 6 times now)
It work. But, have very bad drop rate. Need look into the drop rate chance for it. Had to run way to many times myself then I was there.

I can't seem to get the quest for the mistral keep key icon_sad.gif (i am level 22)
If I remember right you needed be either 24 or 25 to get the initial quest. This was changed in the latest patch then I got code implemented for it.

The problem is, when i have cast a town portal and die before i go to town and back the town portal will stay forever and for each and every town portal i cast after that a new one gets created. (I had a game where i had over 40 portals in town.. was hard which one to take)
Yeah, there is still some bugs into the code for custom portals. I will hopefully get around to solve that then I get back to that code again.

The first ice skill (ice dart i believe) seems to hit more often on weaker monsters when i reach higher levels then on higher level monsters. Making me believe it uses attack rating (correct me if im wrong icon_razz.gif, and it could be inteded of course)
If I remember right it's using attack rating skill and then skill was designed it was intended if this was the case. I will look into this skill again.

On my sorceress, whenever i die my remaining potions (the 2nd row) will not go to my inventory but stay in their place.
I can even use the first potion and the potion from the 2nd row will drop down, ready for usage when i haven't collected my corpse yet.
Clearly this is a bug, since it didn't happen on my druid
This is clearly a bug then remove items from belt. It look like one row is skipped in code to remove it. Will add this to bug thread topic.

For some reason my sorceress didn't get the adept scroll when talking to kashyia (had to remake one and level her up to read what i needed)
Since latest patch there is a min level requirement before npc's hand out quests.

Some recipes when read flash up for half a second and disappear inmediatly, yet they are still added into the book and can be read.
Yeah. noticed this aswell from times to times. It would help if I got the page number of the scroll that isn't working as it should.

Questions & other stuff
First off, i've completed 27/30 sub quests (can't complete 2 of them, since i believe they're bugged). Are there much more sub quests to do?
There is some really rare quests. So, there is more than 30 :)

Second, are the obelisks placements randomized? Because I saw 2 on the badlands (close to each other) but couldn't find them anymore after I had gotten a clue on what they do (just my luck!)
It's both random and fixed locations. They are pretty rare. so it's not everytime you find any.

Thirdly, any suggestions on where I could level my level 22 sorc? It's hard to get any experience!
dungeons in the wastes, badlands gives most experience. but you should be able to level in both areas.

Return to “Dark Alliance”