Feedback on DA

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Feedback on DA

Post by Doub » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:32 pm

1)Are we going to be able to load in new versions?

2)Actual interruptible damage!! Good!

3)I just love the fact that you added damage reduction on armors!! Last time I saw this on a mod was: Hell’s Revenge mod (hardest mod I have played). An unfinished project sadly. It has many features based on realism and that’s the reason I loved it plus that armor equipment give actual damage reduction instead of that “defense” (evasion I would say)…!!

4)So another question arises. Does defense function the way does in original D2? The more defense the less chance for the enemy to hit you (out of curiosity). Also did anything changed with attributes? I mean what exactly do STR/DEX/VIT/Magic give. Anything changed?

5)Im playing druid and I was wondering I still shield block with while in transformations. Also dunno if its just me but I think with wolf transfom my attack speed decreases just little bit

6)I teleported to Gold Plains and there was a pack of wolves with a boss there. Then I went to village to regen life and when tped again the pack was gone. Is this normal?

7) You have already added monsters specific items. Are you planing to make drops more realistic? i mean in a way so that each monster drops you whatever it has etc.

8)i picked up throwing knife with druid. The knife has 4-8 throw damage and 2-4 one hand damage. But for some on the statistics my throw damage is 2-4. Is this intended?

9)picked up some cool looking armors but when i equip them my appearance doesnt really change. Is this going to change ? :)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Feedback on DA

Post by kingpin » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:35 pm

1. new public release will be made once it's ready.

3. I wanted armors to have a difference depend if you wearing light or heavy armor. so my choice was give it damage reduction.

4. defense works in same way as in regular d2. Now, as every monster e.tc is redone from scratch it's no more required insane attack/defense values to make any difference. all other base stats is no difference either compare to regular d2.

5. you are probably right druid attack slower, it's possible the preview version is bugged then it comes to this.

6. That's not normal, but once again it's very old version so possible a bug causing this (have fixed alot of bugs since preview version was released).

7. I goal is to have monsters drop items they actually have equipped. but, haven't got around to implement that. I wont go to far in realistic drops as I think it would get to booring in long run othervise.

8. character screen stat info for skills is incomplete. so don't trust what it say. the actual skill itself is correct.

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:58 pm

a little spoiler: the latest DA build is light-years away from the preview version...

it is overwhelming knowing the magnitude of possibilities Sir Kingpin has in the DA System :)
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

Cp3
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

Post by Cp3 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Cant wait till i am finally able to play that mod again... damn windows 7!

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:47 am

Cp3" wrote:Cant wait till i am finally able to play that mod again... damn windows 7!
I can't wait either for that part to be solved :)

Return to “Dark Alliance”