Bug Report for 0.05.07.01

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Bug Report for 0.05.00.10.20

Post by kingpin » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:39 pm

Running out of memory is mem leak issue. Will need too track that one down.

Regular d2 log is valued to get then crash is repestable.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:04 am

This is very interesting, game doesn't crash now, no matter what I do I can't crash it. :scratchhead:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:32 pm

Might been aslr related then. We will see if it crash again.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Created new character, picked up 2 quests, restarted my pc for just in case and no a single crash at all.

Reason, when I had that "Error opening file: DATA\GLOBAL\UI\PANEL\800ctrlpnl7btn.dc6" I had to restart my PC to get the game working again, and I think that since then there was no crash at all with the old character.

So I said, let me see what will happen with the new char, but just in case I restarted my pc before continuing with the game - iirc you did said in some post that if it is ASLR issue or sth that restarting pc could help.

It is really nice when game doesn't crash at all. :)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:58 pm

there is a bug in my code where i try load same dc6 file twice, this is reason why it list the dc6 error (fixed in upcoming patch).

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:25 am

I was curious about those crashes, and yes, it is a Must to restart your pc if you want to dodge those crashes, at least on my side.

Two in the row, the worst part is that I was able to gather few bags which I really like. :mrgreen:

But all for testing purpose, I had to open the clue scroll to see what will happen. :)

Anyway, DA.log didn't update with any info when the game crashed.

But debuglog did of course, here, if log could be of any help to you:
Attachments
debuglog180402.zip
(29.44 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:24 am

that log helped to figure out the crash. thanks, will be fixed in upcoming patch.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:02 am

No problem, glad it will help.

Sub quest Cow Quest, crashes when I need to combine ingredients so I can open the portal to the secret valley. :D

Two logs in it, the third one (last one) is after pc restart:
debuglog180402.zip
(38.97 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Will check the quest what cause this.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:03 pm

If I encounter some random crash, do you still want the log file, you know, for just in case.

Anyway, I was fighting against ghostly dark shaman (champion) in catacombs level 2 and the game crashed, though it doesn't mean that they are the cause of the crash.

Soon i.e. after I find Warriv and after I solve few sub quest, I will then document about other, "minor" bugs that I was able to encounter in act 1.
Attachments
debuglog180402.zip
(11.62 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:23 pm

random crashes log is helpful, usually its possible figure out from log what goes wrong.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:56 pm

kambala wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:52 pm
General bug: killing a subquest monster before receiving the quest doesn't immediately complete the quest (but not sure if killing the monster in new game completes the quest)
kingpin wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:16 pm
Killing subquests isnt Active until you recived the initial quest, you can complete the quest after you recived it. Its working this way as I havent coded it in different way. Will Think off it if this should be changed.
Hm, interesting.

I will check again even though I checked it few times already, but it seems I can't complete 3 quests because I completed them or obtained the subquest items before receiving the quest.

Maybe if you could implement sth to reset the certain quest.

Like that NPC in blood wood that has some option to reset the Relic quest.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:32 pm

I usually implement quest reset on quests that been bugged. Name the quests you have issues with and I can implement a quest reset for it. In general quests can be reset as long as you havent completed it for quests that use this feature.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:08 pm

I was somehow able to do 2 quests that I was unable to finish.

I was a little bit tired, and who knows what I was doing at that moment. :mrgreen:

Sorry for false alarm. :silly:

Some quest, continued only after I S&E, one of them was unnatural strength iirc, restore the living tree....but I will check all subquest once again.

The quest I was able to do before, that I am not able to finish now at all, is the Dragon Flower quest.

In which area, what kind of monster I need to kill to obtain that item.

Passed and cleaned the "whole" act 1 in search for that item.

My guess is it should be in Tristram, but checked and cleaned the area for at least 20 times, the very first time I succeeded I guess I was lucky. :P

Also, we can't identify items - no matter which one, should that work or not?

Big thanks to you and to the rest of team involved in DA development.

Really fantastic mod. :1st:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:43 am

Thanks,

The regular unid is a bug. Items dropped from racks stops as unid. Will check dragonflowet quest and see where it should drop

EDIT:

Dragonflower dropps from urchin, who appear randomly in dark Wood.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:44 am

Thanks for info, was trying to do it today, but no luck, will keep trying.

Random crash in dark wood - fighting some champion monsters but there was a bunch of others, and after S&E game crashed again while I tried to open the relic I think.

Will start writing about what I have encountered during the current testing, after that will take some break and wait for the next patch release. :P

Here:

Hi, here is a little bit of my feedback, some things are already reported I think, but just in case will write about them once again.

See the first picture, that is in 640x480 resolution. :)
Does this cap has some purpose, or just bound to me, or it is a secret? :D
Flavie, is that her name. No text, no audio, waited for some time to see will it disappear by itself, it won't but I can close it anytime.
Random error, appeared in the Crypt or in the Mausoleum, and in the Dark Wood, random monsters.
Sometimes some arrows drop and they have some bug, see the pic bellow.
kambala wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:57 am
Also, after resurrecting merc I see this:
I clicked on that Ressurect contract and my merc disappeared completely, had to dismiss her, though you really can't see is she on the pic or not. :mrgreen:
Cain was talking about the executioner subquest, and this is how dialogue finish, it seems that text is messed up at the end, and maybe a little bit before, can you check it out.
Some bolts drop like this, I guess they are monster item because of the name color, but it doesn't say from which monster.
For example, this arrows dropped by Blood Raven itself.
This is a part where you rescue Cain, if you decide to talk to him, dialogue window should pop up, and he should thank you for your help, well he didn't say anything - I see that this part of dialogue is now a part of Dragon Flower quest.
Sth above my head, it looks like that penalty orb after you die, but the thing is that this one shows after I enter the game, where in previous game I didn't die, which shouldn't happen, right.
After talking to Charsi about her chest, after I completed the subquest, this showed up, after that I was unable to click on any NPC, stash, town portal, that also happened with Janice Greyhawk from Valley of paradise - no idea why with her, and in the Blood Wood with the Cendric, and in the Badlands with Ray Saur - for both after completing the subquest as I remember.
Map name isn't aligned to the right.
I guess that this is my problem with the Dragon Flower quest, I never received anything from the Cain?
Then > When :P
Lut Gholein subquest has some amount of words that start with the capital letter even though they shouldn't, but I have a feeling that dialogue text is still work in progress, and as I can see.
Cluescroll Page 7....Hawks?
Page 21, Horadic (Horadric as I know) text (2x) instead of Sisterhood's Relic.
Compared to other clue names, page 23 has two empty spaces before the clue name compared to other clue names, at least it seems like it.
Page 174 doesn't contain text in it.

In clue scrolls there is sisterhoods relic, and there is sisterhood's relic.

Some runescrolls drop multiple times, I thought I was having a problem with scroll not disappearing after I read it, but I had it already, is it possible to prevent already picked up scroll from droping, or from picking it up once again after they are added to the book.

Also, some videos instead of pics.

Sometimes the inventory goes out of focus, that happens after you read the scroll, it is completely random, you need to click on inventory after that mouse hover works again.

All mana shrines with the blue orb will give the character +400 to strength.

My merc died, but was somehow able to appear there even though she is dead, she is also marked on the map, of course she didn't react at all, happended once again after this.
kambala wrote:
After my merc died for the first time, she lost all her items.
My merc inventory went invisible, but items are still there, here is two videos about it.

Also there is one weird ring slot bug, check the video.

My merc doesn't accept all health potions, one example bellow.

As I said, some subquest are at least I guess continued only after you S&E, I guess they can be recognized like it is shown bellow, and sometimes it seems that they need some time before they activate, not sure how to describe it.

Some random notes:

While clicking over the skill tree, your char will move.

Sometimes message log does say "Your subquest book has been updated", but sometimes it doesn't say anything at all.

Unidentified items, you said only if they drop from stack if I understand you correctly, but on my side it also happened if they drop from the monsters, or it was from a subquest, not sure anymore. :mrgreen:

Valley of paradise - house with stash, it has some invisible border outside the house at the right bottom part, you can't walk near the house, though the rest of house border seems fine and I can enter the stash, so it is ok I would say.

Multiple Wirt's legs, usually we are able to pick it up only once?

I have Albrecht Durer's heart, no idea which quest is that, maybe The Immortal, but I can't click on it at all, similar not being able to click as is shown on one of videos posted above.

Blacksmith from blood wood, no matter what I try I can't craft the weapon.

While in stash, when you open the sisterhood's relic, and after you close it, it will close the stash too?

I mean, usually in mods and even in vanilla game (I think), when you close the Cube while in stash you will return to the stash, can you check this out.

Also, can we hope for a bigger sisterhood's relic in the future. :D
kambala wrote:
Filled belt with potions using Shift+RMB at vendor, then right-clicked quickly a few times to get some more potions, and the game got frozen (only cursor could be moved). I waited for a few minutes, but it stayed the same.
Same here.
kambala wrote:
Not really a bug, but rather feedback: its quite difficult (= slow) to read recipes/NPC chatter without being able to scroll the text manually.
I don't have a problem with NPCs, but I would agree that cluescrolls are very fast to read, no way I can even write down what I need for some recipe.
kambala wrote:
I think it would be useful to write where (at least location) to bring a received quest item on the item itself, as when you have 5-10 active quests it's impossible to remember everything, and reading through quests is slow.
This sounds nice, "on the item itself", it is just one row of text, I hope. :mrgreen:
kambala wrote:
Scrolls don't go to books on pickup, I have to insert them manually.
I have a question here, is book quantity going to increase, I think it is 20 scrolls max for now, also would it be possible to combine two books to join the amount of scrolls in one book.
kambala wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:00 am
And a similar bug: subquest items must also be on a character, not in stash (stumbled upon this when Charsi should've forged me the passage key).
Well, I was able to open the Monastery Gate while the key was in the stash.
kambala wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:00 am
Subquests aren't separated by acts in the book, I think there should be some separator like -- Act 2 --
kingpin wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:24 pm
Good suggestion, will look into that.
Would be possible to add separator by town too or that would be too much. Or to write it with the quest name since there seems to be a space for that.

Edit:

Oh yeah, there is sth else. Sometimes it seems that some monsters (random) display less health (~90%, more or less don't know, health bar wasn't full), that wouldn't be weird, but the thing is that I didn't even apply any kind of damage to them. That happened in another mod too I was playing. Will see if I can create any video for that.

Well, I guess that is it from my side for now.

Thank You for reading. :cheer:
Attachments
debuglog180406.zip
(15.65 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Thanks for the detailed report. Im in work on the next patch so will reply to it in coming Days.

Just a note of mobs not display full Health is because of items adding +max Health that is spawned on mobs.

EDIT:

Added all current reported bugs to topic.

P.J.
Russia

Post by P.J. » Tue May 01, 2018 4:57 pm

After shooting quillrat by necrotic bolt - game crashed (when missile hit the target)

Code: Select all

18:53:16.466  --------  FILE: D2Game\GAME\Arena.cpp    LINE: 172  --------

Assertion Failure
Expression : ptArenaUnit
18:54:13.475  Stack bytes:
18:54:13.475  0019F67C: 00B24900 00E89407 7C007E00 FEFFFFFF  .ІI..и..|.~.юяяя

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue May 01, 2018 5:30 pm

thanks, will check that out. Do missile work on other targets?

P.J.
Russia

Post by P.J. » Tue May 01, 2018 5:42 pm

kingpin wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:30 pm
thanks, will check that out. Do missile work on other targets?
Just tried vs zombie. First one succeeded, second - same crash.
vs goblin - crashes also.
Sometimes one missile succeeds.

PS. i can share dump if it helps

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue May 01, 2018 5:47 pm

yeah give me da.log and d2s log. both will help.

P.J.
Russia

Post by P.J. » Tue May 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Here you go
Attachments
DA.zip
(12.76 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

P.J.
Russia

Post by P.J. » Wed May 02, 2018 11:56 am

Here is some more.
As you see this marked as Paladin Only but i am able to read it by Necro (Bug or not idk)
After reading it in trade screen, looks like it should drop it but it not. Also all items disappears.
After Esc and open trade again, all looks ok.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed May 02, 2018 11:02 pm

Clue is supposed be read by all classes, intention is its a class clue. atleast from what I can remember. But will look into it and updated it.

The vendor bug is new, havent seen it Before.

EDIT:

Have fixed Necrotic Bolt skill bug, will be included in next public release that comes sometimes during this month.

Burznazg
Poland

Post by Burznazg » Tue May 22, 2018 9:24 pm

There is no sound of monster being hit.

Return to “Dark Alliance”