United Realms Server Problems on August 12, 2003

The Valhalla mod forum has moved to http://afterlife.ws.

No votes

Total votes: 0

mr_pixel
Paladin

United Realms Server Problems on August 12, 2003

Post by mr_pixel » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:06 pm

On August 11, a Windows XP bug along with the MasterBlaster worm was activated and/or exploited on many Windows XP machines, causing crashes, restarts, and even computer failure in some cases. Some of the servers for United Realms fell victim to this bug that causes the Windows XP RPC service to fail and thus ultimately restarting the computer. This occurred sometime during the night on August 11 and continued until the next afternoon. On the realms, users might have experienced problems such as frequent disconnections and join failed. We have fixed all the problems associated with this bug on our servers, and if you have not yet patched your system I strongly suggest running Windows Update and installing ALL critical updates and security patches.

I would like to stress that this bug has nothing to do with our realms and we are running fine now. I would strongly suggest keeping up-to-date with Microsoft patches (especially those hosting game servers) to prevent things like this from happening in the future.

All those who were experiencing these problems, you may return to the realms as the problem has been fixed and most if not all game servers have been patched.

Also, Hailbreaker's server was one that was effected, and he is working on getting it back up and running. So in the meantime, all games will be hosted by Paniik.
Last edited by mr_pixel on Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Valhalla”