Infinitum New Token Plugins Bugs and Errors Report

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

I_Burner

Infinitum New Token Plugins Bugs and Errors Report

Post by I_Burner » Sun May 30, 2004 8:25 am

Last Update: 06/07/04 - Added info on PST Curst Guard.

Since I've been doing a ton of work with new tokens lately, I though I'd compile a list of some of the problems I've run into with the Infinitum plugins, and how to fix them. They are all quite easy to correct, but could be very frustrating for a newbie to deal with.

My apologies if any of these plugins have been updated since I first downloaded them. Please let me know if any of these issues have been resolved, or if anyone else has had similar issues with a plugin not listed here.

Bugged Plugins

BG1 Doppleganger
BG2/IWD2 Kobold:

Both of these plugins suffer from the "auto-ressurrect bug" caused by a bad animdata entry and/or COF file. Fix this by changing the "1" in the DT animdata line to a zero. I don't know for sure if the COFs are bugged or not, but I generated new ones anyway (using Joel's COFEDIT).

PST Annah:
Attack COFs seem to be messed up, as these animations didn't display. Generating new COFs fixed the problem.

BG2/IWD2 Ice Salamander:
DCC files aren't aligned, so the animation display is pretty messed up. Attack COFs also seem to screwy. Generating new COFs for the A1 and A2 modes fix that problem, and setting offsets for the DCCs in CV5 will correct the display issues.

PST Ravel:
More of a typo than a bug. The DCCs use an SC mode, but the animdata lines and COFs use S1. A quick fix once you find it.

IWD2 Rhino Beetle:
Again, not a total bug. This plugin is set up to use the 1HS hit class, instead of the typical HTH. The problem is that the game usually wants to use HTH for the Death and Corpse animations, and can cause this animation to disappear at that time. Renaming the files might not be a bad idea. There are also some big pink dots caused from the conversion from GIF format. These aren't a big deal either, and can be hidden by creating a palshift.dat file with Joel's PALSHIFTER and changing the pink color to something more appropriate. Also, this plugin does not seem to come with any animdata info (see the next section on what to do about this if you don't already know).

PST Curst Guard: (reported by GuyAskingQuestion)

Animdata.d2 is wrong, A1 and A2 have wrong number of frames (15 stated in file, should be 12) and there is no ~CTRWLHTH entry, making them disapper when moving.

Missing Animdata.d2 Info

A number of new token plugins on Infinitum seem not to include any animdata lines. This wouldn't be a big deal if we didn't need to know what trigger values are set for the attack and skill COFs. You'll need CV5 and COFEDIT to get around this.

You can get your framecounts for each mode by simply opening up the DCC in CV5 and dividing the total number of frames it gives you by 8. DD always uses 1, and a couple of plugins only have 1 direction for DT, so you might want to double-check for that. Animation speed can be set to whatever you'd like (256 is the most common). To find the trigger frames for attack and skill modes, you could open up the COF files with a hex viewer if you know how to interpret them. Even if you do, though, it may be a lot faster and simpler to just generate new COFs with COFEDIT and set the trigger frame to a value of your choice (remember to make sure this falls within the first direction of the animation). You can then add that entry to animdata.d2. Just make certain you NEVER set a trigger in the DT mode (unless, of course, you WANT an immortal auto-ressurrecting monster)!

Here are the plugins I've found to be missing animdata entries:
BG2 Shadow
IWD2 Goblin Archer
IWD2 Goblin Berserker
IWD2 Goblin Shaman
IWD2 Worg Rider
IWD2 Rhino Beetle
PST Fall From Grace

I hope this helps someone out!
Last edited by I_Burner on Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genesis Mod <link broken - new site coming soon>||Genesis Forum||Adding New Monster Tokens Tutorial

ekkoper
Paladin

Re: Infinitum New Token Plugins Bugs and Errors Report

Post by ekkoper » Sun May 30, 2004 10:38 am

You could post some downloads...(not necesary of course..:))
Dead.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:39 pm

Heres another for you

Curst Gaurd

Animdata.d2 is wrong, A1 and A2 have wrong number of frames (15 stated in file, should be 12) and theirs no ~CTRWLHTH entry, making them disapper when moving.

Thank god I found this thread, I thought the AI I was using was screwy :cry: , thanks!
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

I_Burner

Post by I_Burner » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:36 pm

[quote=GuyAskingQuestion";p="176155"]Thank god I found this thread, I thought the AI I was using was screwy :cry: , thanks![/quote]

That's exactly why I posted this, Guy! I'm glad someone found it useful. Thanks for the info on the Curst Guard!
Genesis Mod <link broken - new site coming soon>||Genesis Forum||Adding New Monster Tokens Tutorial

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:19 pm

Well if anyone wants to submit fixes or new plugins for the bugged ones, I'm sure I can put them up on the site :)
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

I_Burner

Post by I_Burner » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:22 pm

I might tackle a few of them once I've finished some other projects (assuming no one beats me to it). For now, I'll keep this thread up to date with anything that comes to my attention on the matter.

Haujobb
Paladin

Post by Haujobb » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:41 pm

I found another one:

IWD2-Cambion - the A1 animations are in the wrong order, for example
when facing left it attacks to the right and so on.

And about some anims with missing animdata info, I managed to put the
following in my mod and so I could make new zips and submit them.

IWD2-Goblin Shaman
IWD2-Goblin Berserker
IWD2-Goblin with axe

Just let me know where to send them.

And another question, I'm looking for a specific animation I saw on the
Hades Underworld site, its listed there as PS:T Shadow, but I cant find it
anywhere at Infinitum. Was it done exclusively for Hades' mod or am I
doing something wrong? I really fell in love with that graphic, would be a
great replacement for the assassins shadow warrior.
Anyone can help me here?

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:17 pm

[quote=Haujobb";p="179345"]I found another one:

IWD2-Cambion - the A1 animations are in the wrong order, for example
when facing left it attacks to the right and so on.[/quote]
A1 is screwed up? Which download, DCCs or token? Or both?

[quote=Haujobb";p="179345"]And about some anims with missing animdata info, I managed to put the
following in my mod and so I could make new zips and submit them.

IWD2-Goblin Shaman
IWD2-Goblin Berserker
IWD2-Goblin with axe

Just let me know where to send them.[/quote]
You can either mail them to me or just add the zip as an attachment to your post.

[quote=Haujobb";p="179345"]And another question, I'm looking for a specific animation I saw on the
Hades Underworld site, its listed there as PS:T Shadow, but I cant find it
anywhere at Infinitum. Was it done exclusively for Hades' mod or am I
doing something wrong? I really fell in love with that graphic, would be a
great replacement for the assassins shadow warrior.
Anyone can help me here?[/quote]
Not sure if I already released this one but if not, I'll probably add it to this weeks update then.

Haujobb
Paladin

Post by Haujobb » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:11 pm

Didnt think about downloading the DCCs, they are fine, so I made a new zip for the Cambion, which I just mailed you along with the goblins.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:31 pm

[quote=Haujobb";p="179364"]Didnt think about downloading the DCCs, they are fine, so I made a new zip for the Cambion, which I just mailed you along with the goblins.[/quote]
Which account did you mail it to? I generally get people to verify attachments with me before they're sent so it's possible my mail filters might send it back to you :(

As for the PS:T shadow, it's currently only available as a GIF and token replacement just so you know until either I or someone else feels like DCCing it/her ;)

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Mon May 09, 2005 1:17 pm

The DROW , FEMALE new token D1 isn't actually a new token. There is Animdata lines for token D1 already in Animdata , and adding the D1 animdata lines for the Drow to Animdata causes crashes when encountering the Drow.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon May 09, 2005 1:46 pm

Not to mention one of the doors in the jail looks like a drow if you implement it ;) I've got a converted version around here somewhere I used for Pagan Heart...

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Mon May 09, 2005 1:54 pm

I've already changed all the Animdata files , Cofs , and Tr files all to Token #3. Its not an actual new token (the Male Drow new token is #3 as well) , but I can change them to a specific token and mail them to you if you wish (to update the female token on Infinitum).

But I suspect you can just as easily upload your edited monster as well ;)
Last edited by talonrage on Mon May 09, 2005 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GReddy

Post by GReddy » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:48 pm

PST Curstguard's directions are messed up
and there is no ~CTRWLHTH entry, making them disapper when moving.
erm, there should be ~CWLHTH entry, not ~CTRWLHTH
Sorry of my bad english... I'm still working at it ))

Doombreed-x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Doombreed-x » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:26 am

I just got the hidden new token plugin, doesn't have any animdata entries. And since I'm a noob at this, it'd be helpful. ;) Anybody know what the trigger frames are?

I_only_pressed_Esc
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by I_only_pressed_Esc » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:09 am

Well, what I usually do is just set the trigger frame to be 1 frame from the end ie: if A1 is 8 frames, set the trigger to frame 7.
SC etc ones can be different though as the anim might wave it's hands and then lower them to it's sides, so you have to look at the anim and decide for yourself. ;)
Custom health-mana bubbles. Custom loading video's. Custom Hireling graphics.
'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law'

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:25 pm

Just a two things I have noted.

http://infinitum.planetdiablo.gamespy.c ... -isair.php

the GIF pack has the same GH animation in it as:

http://infinitum.planetdiablo.gamespy.c ... -madae.php

Also, the Bodhi-download links are broken.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Anson
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Anson » Thu May 04, 2006 3:43 pm

Could it be, that there are no animdata lines for the G8 token ? It's the Worg. Please let me know, if so. Thanks.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:45 am

The Behlifit (sp?) new token plugin is missing a GH animdata entry.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Jawn67
Paladin

Post by Jawn67 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm

i have been trying to add the slayer (new token plugin !K) and i am pretty sure the animdata is wrong. i went in and looked at the frames using sixdice and noticed the frame counts are off for some of the movements. anyone have a fix to make it fully work? Everytime i try to find the monster i get the classic assertion failure #1437

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:39 pm

The Nameless One with Hammer token has bad COF data for the walk animation. I'm currently looking up how to fix it with a hex editor.

UPDATE:
Walk animation is set to have 1 frame per direction when it should be 16. A very easy fix.
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

prawn
Paladin
Great Britain

Post by prawn » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:07 am

Some tokens - for example the bugbear captain token https://d2mods.info/resources/infinitum ... ptain.html have black parts come out as transparent when using glide but appear fine in ddraw mode. I presume this is a palette error, what is the best solution to correcting this?

Edit - ok i worked it out - it was the colour shift i was using in states - i needed a green 30 gave transparency with black but 7 was fine.

Return to “Multimedia”