Help with recolor missles Please!!!

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

TaLKaTiVe

Help with recolor missles Please!!!

Post by TaLKaTiVe » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:15 am

Alright guys im needing much needed help here. Im trying to recolor missles and i ahve scanned through every read-me, tutorial, topic on this website. For example i want to turn my blessedhammer.dcc from brown to green. Ive used six dice with hue adjustment and every time i enter game n spam hammers it automatically errors. When i use cv 5.2 with add-on 3.0.... i cant seem to figure it out really but i can take the original blessedhammer.dcc file from my data folder. Open it with cv 5.2 and save it as a dcc again with no editing done to it was so ever and put in missles folder and it errors the same as if i had edited it. I do not know what the problem is. ITs driving me nuts. Please someone help me! All i want to do is turn these damn things green!

Wopsh

Re: Help with recolor missles Please!!!

Post by Wopsh » Mon May 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Its hard to do. IIRC use CV52 to export as a gif. Then you can use Imagine to recolor the
gif and then export it as a bunch of bitmaps. Import the bitmaps into GIF Movie Gear and make it back into a gif. Then import the gif into cv52 and save as a dcc.
In Imagine you can save directly as a GIF and skip the Gif Movie gear step but that can cause the final dcc animation to judder because Imagine crops border transparency out leading to different sizes of frames.

http://download.cnet.com/Imagine/3000-2 ... ag=mncol;1

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Re: Help with recolor missles Please!!!

Post by kidpaddle94 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:20 pm

or use sixdice which is easy to use.
resave your graphics with something like DCXtool after though.

Return to “Multimedia”