Error when I try to create a new character

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

No votes

Total votes: 0

DreamSavior

Error when I try to create a new character

Post by DreamSavior » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:37 am

I'm getting this error when I'm trying to create new hero
Last edited by DreamSavior on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Re: Error when I try to create a new character

Post by Volf » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:40 am

Instead of posting images please check your error log (a large txt file in your d2 directory labeled d2ddmmyy ddmmyy=date, month year). open the log in notepad and scroll all the way down, next press ctrl + F keys to bring up search, check the box to search upwards and search the words "stack bytes". This brings you straight to the latest error message in the log.

Now in your particular error there is a line number line #xxxx do a forum search for this line number and in most cases you will find topics dealing with the same error

DreamSavior

Post by DreamSavior » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 am

I have searched the line number but there is nothing about my error that's why I made a topic
I fix the problem but there is another one I have added new cursor with sky palette and it works fine except for the charcreate screen I think the palette there is different or something ?!

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:56 am

next time only post the number without the #, in this case 1383 brings up a couple of topics with the same error.
As you managed to fix it you could post what the fix was incase someone else searches the line number in the future
For the palette problem try one of the menu palettes or unit palette

DreamSavior

Post by DreamSavior » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:59 am

But I dont know wich .dc6 file in CURSOR folder is for the charcreate screen? Any Idea?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:03 pm

the error sounds like you are trying a mod / plugin in wrong version.

The alternative if it's your own mod you have either added new skills (and have different amount of skills per character), you have modified monstats.txt and using bad chain (causes alot of random errors), remember even unmodded files have bad chains so recommended is to download fixed unmodded files or fix that yourself.

Another source of error is if you have removed any file that is necessary or renamed any file.

DreamSavior

Post by DreamSavior » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:47 pm

Nope I saw the error log I was forgotten to put mediumselbutton.dc6 in the archive. :)
Any ideas about my second question? Wich cursor .dc6 file is for the create screen?

Return to “Multimedia”