More inventory art?

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

Radament

More inventory art?

Post by Radament » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:14 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes:
- How do I get more invfile arts for a single type of weapon (from Weapons.txt), lets say a shortsword - how do I make it have more than one art for the inventory graphics? Or if not for the normal item ones, for the unique/set ones? One unique art just isn't enough. I suppose the alternative is to just add my custom invgfx in the Uniques.txt, but I was hoping for an alternative.
- My second, more important to me, question is regarding ring inventory arts, there is one free space in ItemTypes for another art, but can I somehow add more without having to delete the original ones? Like have 10 or more arts for rings.
Still looking for Baal

Eimernase
Paladin

Re: More inventory art?

Post by Eimernase » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:50 am

you can set for any unique or set item a different image, that is no problem. Those are defined in similar txt-files.

Same is for normal/exeptional/elite items, defined in weapons.txt and armor.txt

Giving more as 1 image to a itemtype needs definitly an expanding of those txt-file -> without code edits not possible.
Same is for rings if you want increase the amount of coloums.

Radament

Post by Radament » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:00 am

1) Yes I know, but I can't have many images for one weapon apparently (gathering from your words), only up to three - Normal, Unique and Set. I wanted to have varieties of Shortswords (like Shortsword, Gladius, Hispanic Sword, etc.) spawn from one weapon - the Shortsword. Not have to create other weapon types cuz.. well cuz I already have 987 or what-was-it Weapon types. Anyways, not a big issue, just less art I suppose.

I was just thinking, since rings have many arts for just one Ring (as a type of item from Misc), can't the same be done with weapon types? I suppose you'd have to categorize every weapon type in ItemTypes.txt, but I'm wondering if it will even work.

2) I see. That's troubling but alright.
I still get 1 more ring heh xD And lots of charms, amulets and such.
Still looking for Baal

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:14 am

You can create a own itemtype for every single item. That's a lot of work, but you can have up to 6 items graphics per item. Also you could copy the ring itemtype to add more ring graphics. Same goes for uniques or sets. Just create a own itemtype for it. All this is only limited by the 1024 lines in armor and weapon txts.

Cheers
AlphA

Radament

Post by Radament » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:57 am

Thanks, yea, I thought so, just wanted to ask to be sure.
Still looking for Baal

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:43 pm

May I ask if you work on a mod project or just mod for yourself?

Cheers
AlphA

Radament

Post by Radament » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:03 pm

I'd say the second because my mod is specifically made for my friends and I. For example, I've so far only modded the classes we play with, to save time. It's a mod that tries to stay true to Diablo II but balance stuff and make it more fun at the same time.
Still looking for Baal

Return to “Multimedia”