[Coming soon] Ogodei's Diablo 1 Monster pack Final

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

[Coming soon] Ogodei's Diablo 1 Monster pack Final

Post by Ogodei » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:25 am

Hello guys,

I'm currently working to enhance the quality of my monster pack. I made the animation bigger and darker than the ones in my beta pack, so that they look more in line with D2. I also fixed some stuffs like Advocates vanishing animation, hidden's disappearing and Dark mages vanishing\idle mode by adjusting the frames. It will still take a little time before the release, but this time we'll have every Diablo 1 monster available, bosses included [and also those who weren't released in the beta pack].
Here's a preview(and also a short gameplay of my Redemption mod project) . My girlfriend and I are trolling around to spot multi player related bugs and to test dungeons and mobs.

(part1)

(part2)

The only non-remade monsters among those shown in the video are the blue Overlords(Mud man) and all of the Fallen Ones.

leekun
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

Re: [Coming soon] Ogodei's Diablo 1 Monster pack Final

Post by leekun » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:03 pm

Wow, your mod looks so great! Is it close to finish yet?
When it come out, I'm gonna play the {filtered} out of it.

kpepp

Post by kpepp » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:46 pm

Great work (as always) !
Some suggestions for the final version:
a) All skeleton animations can be made bigger to fit the size of already existing D2 skeletons.
b) The resolution of the acid beasts can be increased. I use acid beasts from both BTH and your own version. It seems that during resize, some of them look like polygons and not as smooth. Based on the videos, it seems that this problem has already been solved.
c) Is it possible to reproduce the original D1 yellow color of illusion weavers (if this is allowed by the palletes)?
d) The death animations of goat archers have both red and blue blood in some cases. The same applies to hidden, there are frames with yellow and red blood.

Looking forward to download the final pack!
PS. Are monsters from BTH available?

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:44 am

Hey kpepp :)

thanks for your suggestions! a) b) and c) are done. Acid beasts are a bit smaller than my previous pack, but the polygons you mentioned (that also afflict hidden!) are due to DCXTool, that seems not to like Diablo 1 anims.
I didn't notice anything about the Goat Archer's blood until now! It's like this in the sprites, but I can fix it (apart for the zz3 archer,i.e the boss Gorestone, because he's intended to have blue blood).
Also, can you point me who of the hidden has the same issue? I'll fix it for sure!

In the meantime, take a look at your c) , a) and b) points :D

The green tint of illusion weavers has now been fixed ;) [the new method I'm applying also fixes the color of the Soul Burner's blood]
http://imgur.com/L3Wrm15

A D1 skeleton fighting against a D2 one
http://imgur.com/z28qQVS

Acid beasts without polygons [Ignore the orange square under them, it's an overlay for the "wait\don't move randomly" order]

http://imgur.com/KldsxIg

P.s : Concerning the BTH D1's mobs, I'm pretty sure they (almost) all come from Incandescence's website , with the addition of some D2 palshifting :)

@leekun Hey, thanks!!
The mod is not ready yet, but I think I will publish it act by act, otherwise it could take too long!
I'll resume the work on it as soon as I've finished with the monster pack!

kpepp

Post by kpepp » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Dear Ogodei,
Yes, the archer is the zz3 one! It seems that I did sth wrong with the hiddens, i.e. I used both pallete shifts and the files from monstats2.txt so sth was messed up. They work OK now!
As for the hellfire monsters I hope that a pallete reworking would be enough to improve their quality. However some of them, i.e. the arachnid or the crypt demon are full of black pixels. Strange enough, such details are not visible - at first glance - from tools like cv5.
In sixdice, they are visible however sixdice suffers from several problems... :(
Best regards!

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:01 pm

Hey ;)

I already made the Crypt demons, shredded and skullwings from hellfire. I also plan to convert the other mobs from the expansion too.
Also, avoid using translvl column in monstats (set it to 0) when using my mobs or the palshift will ruin the graphic. I included a palshift just to make them use random color when spawn as bosses :)

Edit: @kpepp you got a pm :)

ascar
France

Post by ascar » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:41 am

hello, love your mod, its a really great idea! But ...i cant make it work properly!

First i got lots of crashes when entering a game (seems resolved buy putting V2 pack and closing txt files....), and now i got 1 row shift in my missiles and monstat txt that cause caster monsters to spawn the previous row skill.... so a bit random effects

the issue with the rows seems to appear when you exeed a certain row number (a bit more than the original d2)

Thanks for reply :D

Return to “Multimedia”