Fire explosion overlay dcc

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

error

Fire explosion overlay dcc

Post by error » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:13 am

Sadly I run out of ideas how to find it:
I am looking for the dcc which pops up if something with fire hit the player or monster, i.e. after a firebolt or fireball hit mosters, a little flame pops up at the monsters. I want to modify this effect. Anyone knows which one it is?

error

Re: Fire explosion overlay dcc

Post by error » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:31 pm

thank you Ogodei, but I already tried this one. It looks like the same effect, but when I replace it with something else it does not change it ingame...
doing it like this with i.e. monsters worked perfectly.

edit: just figured out a really dirty workaround: changing the dcc file of fire_hit in overlay.txt to a different one and replacing this one. no idea why this works and not my original plan. (actually I was looking for a way to do this for several months on and off now, and now a few hours after I posted this I figured it out ;))

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:02 am

Fire_Hit is a prog overlay and is used in missiles.txt, you could also change it there but then you would have to edit every line were it pops up.

error

Post by error » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:31 pm

thank you for your reply. sadly I do not understand it. Do you mean changing the etype of the missiles to something else and modify this overlay?

Return to “Multimedia”