Question about animation conversion

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

leekun
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

Question about animation conversion

Post by leekun » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:05 pm

First, let's look at 2 images below.

This is a gif I made.
And below is from original source.
The question is "How to align the character position in the 1st gif like in the 2nd one?"
If possible I want to know how to make it as close as the 2nd one as possible.

I tried using Link Layers with Alignment and It screwed the animation as shown in below.

Noted that I'm a beginner at image editing so a detailed explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I've posted the question at Photoshop Forum and still can't find a fast and effective solution.
I wonder if the guys who did all the infinitum animations were actually reposition all the animations manually without using tools. {filtered} reposition guess I'll have to adjust animation offset one by one for now... Ugh

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Re: Question about animation conversion

Post by jetaman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:45 am

WHy are you remaking Infinitum animations? If they are centered perfectly, why are you remaking them?

leekun
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

Post by leekun » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:51 am

Hello,
It doesn't have some animations from original game like walk or cast ones. I need those.

I'm not gonna recreate all of them of course. I only use that as an example, just want to know How.

EDIT: Success!

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:36 am

Can you explain how you did it so that everyone know? I have many sprites as well, it could help me too

leekun
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

Post by leekun » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:13 pm

I'm not using that method anymore.

I just discovered a new infinity engine browser called "Near Infinity". What It can do is better than Infinity Explorer by huge margin.
It can check each frame offsets for .bam extension which is what infinity based game stored their animation sequence I think. You can use these offset in Cv5.
So I'm back to adjusting the offset for each direction one by one again.

As for how I centered all the objects at same spot. I think you gonna be disappointed cause It was done manually.
Well If you still want to know then I used GIF Movie Gear and did these steps.
1. Press Ctrl+T to open Optimize window and tick these on and click OK
- Shrink palettes (global and local)
- Remove local palettes
- Create a global meta-palette
- Shrink frames to smallest needed rectangle
2. Be sure to transparent your image background first
- Select all images by pressing Ctrl+A
- At menu, click Animation -> Properties and choose Global Frame tab and click Edit... box at Transparent
- Look at image at the right side and click on the area that you want to make it transparent and click Ok (be sure to remember which color index you just choose)
- At before drawing next frame box, choose Restore to Background
- Go back to Animation tab and click Edit... box at Global Palette
- choose the color index that I told you to remember then look at R: G: B: boxes fill all of them with 170 to turn your background into grey color and click OK
- Click color box at GIF Bk Color and choose the same color index as the previous step and click OK
3. Now you need to increase image size to make sure that your object won't go out of the image.
- Change your image size at Width and Height boxes and click OK
4. Select the frames you want to edit then right-click and choose "Move/Crop Frame"
- Tick on Show First
- Use your mouse to drag the image to your desire spot
- Rinse and repeat this step until you're done with all directions
5. Click Animation -> Unoptimize and save your images to gif

leekun
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

Post by leekun » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:05 am

While using Infinity Explorer I found animations like this one, as you can see, It has those weird color palettes anywhere.

Looks at the one below, It's from Infinitum. Someone has already successfully extracted the actual game colors one a long time ago.

I wonder if anyone here knows how to?

Return to “Multimedia”