[Release] Ogodei's Diablo 1 Monster pack Final v1.3

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

[Release] Ogodei's Diablo 1 Monster pack Final v1.3

Post by Ogodei » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Hello guys,

I managed to get my monster pack to a more concrete state, and although not every monster is done, I'm going to release it and update it from time to time.

Please report every bug you notice and I'll fix it ASAP!

Also, should you distribute a mod using any of these files, please GIVE CREDITS to both me and Blizzard.

> > > >Ogodei's Diablo I monster Pack Final (Base version) < < < <
> > > > Link to the Patch V1.2 < < < <
> > > > Link to the Patch V1.3 < < < <

Follow the instructions provided by the readme :)

EDIT: The Skullwing patch is now included in the main release
EDIT2: Updated to v1.2a
------ changelog -------
fixed some issues with the text template files (thanks to Spike a.k.a J'P)
Included a new text file, MonType.txt, with rows you need to paste in your own MonType. This avoids stupid 'fake' errors in your debug
logs

--- Patch V1.2 ----

Added a new color shift for the Fallen ones that wield a spear
Added a mini-fix for the Hidden's Monstats2 row
Although there's an "AnimData Entries" text file, you don't need to overwrite your current animdata ones. That text will be removed in the future patches and added only when necessary

--- Patch V1.3 ----

This is a major patch that fixes several issues with the COF files and also corrects some animdata entries. I would like to thank Jetaman and Hz for their wonderful software "COFFEE", that made COF file editing very easy.

For the changelog, check inside the archive.

EDIT: Changed the link to the base version to a new .rar archive. Although it does not contain any new innovation game-wise, it contains a new version of the readme. Apart from text revision and reordering, I added special thanks to the pioneers who were the first people to work into porting D1 animations in D2. I have found their names in the Incandescence's website, browsing plugin by plugin. These great pioneers are:

- Digibo
- Incandescent One
- I_Burner
- Joel
- Lord Qapla
- Mandzo
- Myhrginoc
- Nefarius
- Onyx
- Phrozen Heart

Last edited by Ogodei on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 10 times in total.

kpepp

Re: [Release] Ogodei's Diablo 1 Monster pack Final v1.00

Post by kpepp » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:05 pm

Excellent work!
I have updated all (most) of the monsters in my mod.
Regarding the Hellfire monsters, although of much better quality than the ones in Incadescence,
their color in Act 1 seems to be more brown than the red one that appears in CV5.
Is their pallete optimized for a specific act?
Best

kpepp

Post by kpepp » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:49 am

Here it is. The quality is fine, I wonder whehter you could reproduce the original color.
Best regards!
Attachments
screen1.jpg

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:22 am

Ah, yes! I remember Winged Skeletons to be brownish. It was due to the way D2 translated that kind of red (but you should have properly colored Burning dead skeletons). I'll upload the fixed version today

EDIT: I couldn't manage to restore their red color. I don't know why they become brown, since they use the same exact red of the Burning Dead skeleton type. I'll investigate further when I have more time.
In the meantime, check the first post. I added a link to the new DCC's. Although they're not red, their color is more consistent now. Give it a try

kpepp

Post by kpepp » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:44 pm

Τhe color has been improved, but anyway the quality of the sprites is very high.
Fantastic job anyway!

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:02 pm

@Kpepp

thanks a lot! I'm glad to see that you liked them.

Version 1.01 released:

Link updated: check the first post

Details

- updated the readme (see credits section)
- Inserted some missing Monstats2 rows (i.e specific rows for Leoric and SkullWings)
- Fixed all of the bad settings in Monstats2.txt that could lead the game to crash in multiplayer [thanks to Szumigajowy for reporting and cooperating for that issue]
- Introduced the missing A2 COF for the Tomb Rat (P! token) and the Blinkbat (F_)

Void Weaver
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

Re: [Release] Ogodei's Diablo 1 Monster pack Final v1.1

Post by Void Weaver » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:18 pm

Greetings.
Into yours 1.1a pack have inappropriate frames 72-89 inside all of "M!TR***DTHTH.dcc" files, so there is lost a one direction :( ; fix it please.
Thank you again for the awesome work.

Void Weaver
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

Post by Void Weaver » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:26 am

Wow, never noticed it in the game, despite I had been a bit confused about magma's strange briefly "blinking" at a some deaths. Now I have understand what's cause that.

Sorry for the false alarm. :oops:

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:47 am

Hello

An awesome pack, will definitely be using this in my mod.

Just a question: Could you please make a black colored Fallen with the spear (code F!)? The other one, which carries a sword, has such a color (F@, and its zz3 mode is black colored), but the one with the spear doesn't.

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Re: [Release] Ogodei's Diablo 1 Monster pack Final v1.2

Post by Tomkomaster » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Fantastic job, I love the new black fallens :-)

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Re: [Release] Ogodei's Diablo 1 Monster pack Final v1.2

Post by Ogodei » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:12 am

thanks to the new "COFFEE" software developed by Jetaman and Hz, I'm now working to a new patch that will aim to fix some issues with the COF files of my pack. The main issue is that, being really unexperienced at Hex Editing COFs , I mostly took and rename COF files that , in the vanilla game, had the frame amount I needed to make the animation play smoothly. This upcoming patch will focus on:

- Removing some weird ptCelContext errors that appear the debug log (which happens when your missiles.txt or animdata frame count is greater than the actual frame count of the DCC (missiles) or COF(monsters) )

- Deleting the extra unnecessary layers from the COF files.

- Making the COF frames count match the exact amount of the DCC frames. This will improve the quality of the animations (most notably, you are going to see improvement on the Goat Man (Y@) A1 and A2 animation modes)

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Re: [Release] Ogodei's Diablo 1 Monster pack Final v1.3

Post by Tomkomaster » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:04 am

I don't know, if you still plan to work on this awesome pack or not, but here are a few things I noticed:

- The Storm Lord has a wrong token code in his monstats.txt entry, it should be S_ .
- The Demon Skeleton has 2 tokens created for him, the used D_, and an unused !Y . The !Y seems to be the same, except its slightly smaller.
- Some of Magma Demons alternate skin modes seems a little weird, due to the black color being transparent, I think.

Also, I suppose you're not planning on adding the rest of the monsters from Diablo: Hellfire addon ?

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:54 am

Thanks for reporting these issues :) I will fix those when I've got enough time. As for the Magma Demons, could you tell me which alternate color gets transparent? Thanks in advance.

Also, yes, hellfire monsters were planned and I will definitely get back to it, although I have to admit I'm unsure whether to release and further improve this pack to the public or not (basically, I have come to know that some people used this work or parts of it without giving any credit at all, a thing which, considering the painstaking efforts made into this, bugged me quite a bit).

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:21 am

I just checked again your Magma Demons, and they dont have a transparent color. Im also using your autumnal Act 1 plugin, and the color of the ground and Magma Demons are the same, thats why I thought theyre transparent :D

Well, thats just sad that people are using your stuff and not even giving credit to your wonderful work :( . Me and my friends are making a mod, and we just love the plugins you did for the D1 monsters. And of course, when we release our mod, you will get a huge credits for your work :)

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:16 am

I think I found an another bug, which I can't fix.

None of the Advocate's (D1Advocate1) skills do damage (D1AdvocateFirebolt, D1AdvocateChargedbolt, D1AdvocateLightning, D1AdvocateFireball). They just hit the player, but they deal 0 damage. Could you fix this, or at least give me an advice how to fix this?

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:59 am

Yes, the Missiles.txt is missing the 'skill' field entries. Putting the skills in the appropriate fields fixes the problem.

Thank you Ogodei :)

DragonlorSCB
United States of America

Post by DragonlorSCB » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:57 pm

Hey, this monster pack looked really interesting so I thought I'd give it a try but I'm having a problem. I can't get the monsters to visually appear on-screen and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I am doing my testing in -direct -txt mode. I have added all of the required data to the TXT files. I have added all of the monster/sounds/missiles/etc data into their proper folders. I have edited AnimData.d2 with the required added entries.

The sounds work. The missiles show up and work. But I can't see the monsters at all.

DragonlorSCB
United States of America

Post by DragonlorSCB » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:20 am

Never mind! I think I must have just over-wrote some files incorrectly when updating from the base to v1.3

Great pack! Thanks for all the hard work!

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:42 am

Oh, I've been away from the forums for a few days, sorry ^ ^
Anyway, I'm glad you made it work, and also that you like it !!
lmk if I can help you further or if you experience issues. One day I'll find the time to reorganize the templates anew as one simple release, in order to avoid the users having to download and apply several patches :)

jaeyoonjung

Post by jaeyoonjung » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Hey man... I really need help here. so... now I'm trying to copy animdata text file to my own animdata.d2 file... buy I'm stuck on this part. How can I open and edit D2 file extension? Please reply back to me asap. Thank you.

Return to “Multimedia”