How did someone edit already existing character armor?

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

csguak

How did someone edit already existing character armor?

Post by csguak » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:44 am

Hello, I found Diablo 2 screenshots that doesn't show UI and has slightly different character armor.

Amazon and some of the other character armor looks different. (I'm not sure old these screenshots are.)

So my questions were:
1. Do the current .dcc editors allow us to make that kind of change shown in the screenshot?
2. Are there other hidden .dcc in the .mpq?
3.Is it possible for me to make it so that I can toggle UI at the bottom of the screen?

I've never heard of editing the existing character model frames, since Blizzard has the original 3d models and rendering technique. I'm very curious how this person managed to edit AMLGLITA1BOW.dcc and other character .dcc files.

Image source:
http://archive.rpgamer.com/games/diablo ... lo2ss.html

csguak

Re: How did someone edit already existing character armor?

Post by csguak » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:21 pm

Thank you for the swift reply.
I looked into .txt and mpq and was able to edit the display of right shoulder piece etc...
In addition, I was able to fix a lot of inconsistency using the COF editor called "Coffee".

But do you happen to know how someone was able to remove that piece cloth from amazon's default armor?
perhaps hidden new armor?

Return to “Multimedia”