[Question] Are there any user made releases of UI's (animdata.d2 file)?

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

Snopex
Great Britain

[Question] Are there any user made releases of UI's (animdata.d2 file)?

Post by Snopex » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:45 pm

Hello members!

I just signed up on the forum as I've been lurking around for a few months now from time to time but I'm usually very inactive.
I saw a thread (I guess a show-off one) of "how does your mod look like", saw a lot of pictures there and some of them look really neat.

However, I only want to change basic things such as - the orbs and the bottom GUI, the waypoints (the waypoint itself) plus the waypoint selector background, same for the skill tree, quest & attribute points backgrounds, map textures (all acts).

I know there are similar tutorials on how to change everything but I honestly suck at graphic design and always mess up the pixels which makes my GUI broken, A LOT.
I would appreciate it if there's public modded data of GUI, nothing too over edited, thanks!

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section, I saw that the other sub-sections are not active (since 2019).

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: [Question] Are there any user made releases of UI's (animdata.d2 file)?

Post by Necrolis » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:57 am

There is a BG themed UI available from the File Center; as well so some expanded inv and stash plugins too that come with new artwork.
Also as an aside: animdata.d2 has nothing to do with the static UI data; its used purely for unit animations
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Snopex
Great Britain

Post by Snopex » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:05 am

Necrolis wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:57 am
There is a BG themed UI available from the [url=<a href="downloads" title="Linkify Plus Plus" class="linkifyplus" rel="noopener">downloads</a>]File Center[/url]; as well so some expanded inv and stash plugins too that come with new artwork.
Also as an aside: animdata.d2 has nothing to do with the static UI data; its used purely for unit animations
Ah, I see, thanks a lot for information.
Last edited by Snopex on Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:10 am

Snopex wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:05 am
I know Blizzard don't allow that on b.net but it's basic image replacement, nothing to deal with coding related that would be considered an advantage/cheating
I hope you realize that such talk is also against our ToS.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

Snopex
Great Britain

Post by Snopex » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:28 am

HarvestWombs wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:10 am
Snopex wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:05 am
I know Blizzard don't allow that on <a href="http://b.net" title="Linkify Plus Plus" class="linkifyplus" rel="noopener">b.net</a> but it's basic image replacement, nothing to deal with coding related that would be considered an advantage/cheating
I hope you realize that such talk is also against our ToS.
Apologies, did not know, will edit ASAP.

Return to “Multimedia”