Paladin: Servant of the Light

Information and updates for the Fusion series of mods. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.
Fireheart

Paladin: Servant of the Light

Post by Fireheart » Sat May 10, 2003 7:48 pm

This is a post for all suggestions dealing with and about Paladin's--any insights, ideas, or thoughts on what changes might work well for the Pally based on your experience are welcome.
Last edited by Fireheart on Sat May 10, 2003 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Re: Paladin: Servant of the Light

Post by Desocupado » Tue May 20, 2003 4:02 am

First. Holy bolt need to have some usefullness. It should be stronger or heals much more.
Some auras could work as high power skills. By making an aura a castable skill it lasts like 9 seconds. You can make many nice effects with this feature. Using the casting delay you can enable an ultimate aura to be only used every 30 seconds for exemple. I did the following once:
To make salvation (a.k.a. resist all aura) different from others auras i gave it the limited duration. Gave it a mana cost of 50 mana. And increased the power of it to 50% at lvl 1 and 15% bonus each level.
This kind of thing can work well to most ofensive auras as well.

Voodoo_Sun
Paladin

Post by Voodoo_Sun » Mon May 26, 2003 9:43 pm

I think pally's are probbaly the weakest class and in need of the most help. personally I still like em but they are so limited. They can only use three skills at once. One aura, one combat skill, and holy shield. Thats it. Every other class can use more. druids = summonings, spirits, transform, fire claws etc. Zons = inner sight, dodge, a javalin spell, plus all he passives. etc etc. I think the auras should be cut down and put into one skill tree instead of two. then have a combat skill tree and maybe a clerical spell tree. Actual spels though not auras.

Or at the very least make holy shield up your total defense or somthing. lol
Your Life is Your Own. Life it for Yourself.
Only Sheep Stand in Line

Fireheart

Post by Fireheart » Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:21 am

We probably could seriously buff holy shield, and I"m very interested to see what 1.10 brings in terms of Pally abilities. I agree with you that he's very weak in terms of the total powers he can combine together compared to the Druid or the Assass. IN fact none of the other classes have the ability to charge skills the way either of those two do--and I think it unbalances the game a bit. I'm not sure if it can be duplicated in 1.10 but I hope it can.

SaTaN

Post by SaTaN » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:10 pm

in my opinion pallys are the best and strongest class becase off all the "ed" they have like allmost 1000% in regular lod but yea holy bolt is gunna have 2 be nuts and make vengance have a good graphic like phenix strike or sumthin make the low level auras useful at high levels becasue most classes have sumthing 2 put points into at a low level that helps them later pallys do not.

Fireheart

Post by Fireheart » Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:11 am

None of the Pally's skills are useful at high level? That's news to me....

SaTaN

Post by SaTaN » Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:54 pm

who said that?

Fireheart

Post by Fireheart » Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:20 pm

You did.

most classes have sumthing 2 put points into at a low level that helps them later pallys do not.

SaTaN

Post by SaTaN » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:50 pm

well think sorcs have warmth barbs mastey assn mastery druid lycant necro has weaken or mastery zons dont ahve naything great at low lvls iether but shoot run shoot run

Return to “Tactics Central”