Beginning mod thoughts.

Information and updates for the Fusion series of mods. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.
Fireheart

Beginning mod thoughts.

Post by Fireheart » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:40 pm

Time to start actually discussing some of what I want to incorporate into the next version of Fusion.

I want to see Ethereal's actually worth using, with stats MUCH better then regular weapons to make up for their fragile status. I'd also like to make "Normal" items much more prevalent, have shopkeepers sell some, and make Superiors worth using.

Basically I'd like for their to be a point in the game where having Blues is a big deal because they are rare, just like in original Diablo one might use normals for a fair amount of time. What do you think?

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Beginning mod thoughts.

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:00 am

You'll get stuck with shopkeepers selling magical items only from Act 3 Normal on. I think it would take a code edit to keep a mixture of magical and normal items past Act 2 Normal. Perhaps making magical levels impossibly high (like 250) in each of the vendor fields would do the trick. In the latter case, and it does work, there would be no magical items available from a vendor at all---which would be in keeping with your idea.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Fireheart

Post by Fireheart » Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:34 pm

Well its a tricky concept. I basically feel like normals are utterly useless in the game, as are superiors. I mean what's the point? Imbuing a superior doesn't get you much, and most of the "superior" items aren't very superior. Oooh, +10% durability....

Who gives a rats a$$?

I feel maybe like it should go something like this:

Act I: Normals only through the first part, blues in the later sections of the Act, Andarial drops a rare with a significant chance for a unique. Rares VERY rare in this act, but possible.

Act II: Blues more common but still not a majority, socketed normals (and socketed superiors) more common. Rares really only possible from major boss figures.

Act III: Here normal monsters begin possibly dropping rares, but exceptionals (with powerful blue prefixes) begin dropping as well, giving players a choice between the two.

Act IV: Uniques, rares, and blue exceptionals more common, with a VERY small chance of getting an exceptional rare at this stage.

Act V: Same as Act IV, but monsters drop more overall (anyone noticed how little {filtered} drops in Act IV)?

ThorAsgard
Banned
Crusader

Post by ThorAsgard » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:43 pm

Also, you may consider about being able to use a Zod with an Ethereal item to make it indestructable which you will be able to use the item forever afterwards...

And yeah, go on with the idea because it sounds very balanced and promising :)

Return to “Tactics Central”