[cross-platform] QTblEditor - just another tbl editor

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

kambala
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Russia

Re: [cross-platform] QTblEditor - just another tbl editor

Post by kambala » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:56 pm

released new version with bugfixes
cross-platform tools: K.A.M.B.A.L.A.: Kinetic Artificial Machine Built for Assassination and Logical Analysis

kambala
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Russia

Post by kambala » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:41 pm

released new version - 1.4

also have a WIP for v2.0 that I aim to develop "correctly": modular approach, tests, Qt only for GUI etc. Mobile app might be an option in the future as well.
cross-platform tools: K.A.M.B.A.L.A.: Kinetic Artificial Machine Built for Assassination and Logical Analysis

tomasz86

Post by tomasz86 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:17 pm

Please forgive me if I am asking something obvious, as I am very new to modding :oops:.

I have been struggling to add custom colours.

What am I supposed to enter in the "Hex code" field?

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:24 pm

Exactly as the label says: hex code of the color.

If you want to change font colors in the game, you should use D2ColorMapper, so you can change any color for font with Glide. Changing colors in DDraw is more complicated, since it can easily corrupt palettes on levels.

If you want to add more colors in the game, it'll require code editing.

tomasz86

Post by tomasz86 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:25 pm

Thank you very much for such a quick reply.

What I would like to do is to colour the text differently for specific items, e.g.

This works fine when using the pre-defined colour list, i.e. white, grey, red, green, blue, gold, dgrey, black, tan, orange, yellow, dgreen, and purple. I would like to use a few other colours though. Do you mean that this is not possible unless the game files themselves are edited?

I have downloaded D2ColorMaper, and it has this main 256-colour palette. Are these in any relevance to the colours, which can be used for text labels?

Also, I am still unsure about the "Hex code" field. When trying to input hex RGB values, e.g. "ff0000"

it gets reset to 0.

kambala
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Russia

Post by kambala » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:51 pm

tomasz86 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:25 pm
Do you mean that this is not possible unless the game files themselves are edited?
exactly:
jessedazebra wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:24 pm
If you want to add more colors in the game, it'll require code editing.
"Hex code" is a value (single byte, if I remember correctly) that is appended to the color header when saving tbl file.

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Post by mmpx222 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:24 pm

Nice tool. Is there a "import tabbed text file and append it to a TBL" feature?

Also, what do the "Gender/Number" options do? When I clicked on them, the program prepended the string with "[ms]", "[mp]", etc., but I don't understand what they're supposed to do. (I'm unfamiliar with languages that have masculine/feminine words.)
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

tomasz86

Post by tomasz86 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:39 pm

kambala wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:51 pm
tomasz86 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:25 pm
Do you mean that this is not possible unless the game files themselves are edited?
exactly:
Thank you very much. I did look too easy.

In the meantime, I have found a few older topics with similar questions to mine. For anyone interested, these two explain the situation pretty well:

viewtopic.php?t=16396
viewtopic.php?t=40807

I will likely just stick to using the default hard-coded colours, as adding new ones seems quite complicated and time consuming, at least for now.
mmpx222 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:24 pm
Also, what do the "Gender/Number" options do? When I clicked on them, the program prepended the string with "[ms]", "[mp]", etc., but I don't understand what they're supposed to do. (I'm unfamiliar with languages that have masculine/feminine words.)
In those languages, adjectives and verbs often change their form depending on the noun's gender and number. I would guess that by adding these prefixes, the game knows, which adjective and verb forms to use.

English has masculine and feminine words too (e.g. "he" and "she"), but they do not affect adjectives and verbs, which are used with them. However, verbs do have different forms depending on the number in English (e.g. "he does" vs "they do"), but there is no such distinction in the English TBL files, so I am not sure how the whole thing actually works in practice.

kambala
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Russia

Post by kambala » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:39 am

mmpx222 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:24 pm
Nice tool. Is there a "import tabbed text file and append it to a TBL" feature?

1) there's no direct button for this, but you should be able to open 2 files side by side, then select everything you want to append, Copy, activate the "main" table and Paste. Drag'n'drop might also work.

2) let me post you an example from Russian language. Translation of word Superior (key Hiquality) would be
[ms]Превосходный[fs]Превосходная[ns]Превосходное[pl]Превосходные
these are different forms for he (masculine), she (feminine), it (neutral), we (plural). I also highlighted the different endings in bold, but it might be difficult to see on the dark forum skin. There's also support for masculine etc plural forms, but Russian doesn't have these, only generic plural.

But to make this actually work, you must also modify HiqualityFormat key:

Code: Select all

a0n1:%0 %1

clawsup
United States of America

Post by clawsup » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:07 pm

Like the UI of the tool but I am having issues that I'm not sure are user error or what. I'm a newbie at this but I am just trying to make a few modifications to MPQ files.If I go to edit a line, I can see the line to edit but no column names so I don't know what the numbers correspond to. And I don't see a horizontal scroll to see the rest of the column names that are cut off. I'm on Windows 10.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:17 am

clawsup wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:07 pm
Like the UI of the tool but I am having issues that I'm not sure are user error or what. I'm a newbie at this but I am just trying to make a few modifications to MPQ files.If I go to edit a line, I can see the line to edit but no column names so I don't know what the numbers correspond to. And I don't see a horizontal scroll to see the rest of the column names that are cut off. I'm on Windows 10.
Sounds like you are trying to edit txt files with a tbl editor; you want to use something like D2Excel or AFJ's Sheet Editor for txt files.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

clawsup
United States of America

Post by clawsup » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:15 am

Necrolis wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:17 am
clawsup wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:07 pm
Sounds like you are trying to edit txt files with a tbl editor; you want to use something like D2Excel or AFJ's Sheet Editor for txt files.
Yeah lol sorry. Switched to D2 Excel Plus which works great.

Return to “Tools”