Ds1 Editor cannot find any maps

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

Kiahdaj
Champion of the Light

Ds1 Editor cannot find any maps

Post by Kiahdaj » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:24 pm

I installed the .ds1 editor, and followed the instructions to get it up and running. However, when I select "add", and choose a .ds1 from my tiles folder, then press run, it says that it "cannot find the following maps in maplist.txt" and shows me a line showing and "unknown" map, and blank details, such as lvlprest def. Maplist.txt is in the directory with the editor, clearly, and I can even find the map in it. If I add it to the editor, with all of the proper details "again"... And THEN press run, it still says it can't find it.
And Ideas?

Thanks

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Re: Ds1 Editor cannot find any maps

Post by PureRage » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:09 am

Is this a new mod project folder?

If so, try reconfiguring the editor to use your new folder. If not, wierd.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
Douglas Adams

Kiahdaj
Champion of the Light

Post by Kiahdaj » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:52 am

There isn't' enough done with the mod to make that necessary, but either way, I tried that, just to make sure.

All I did was download the " DS1Edit Loader v2.1 - with Required DLLs", unzip the folder, start the program, configured it to itself, and then to the .mpqs in my directory...
And that's all the instructions said to do..
I selected a .ds1, and it said that it couldn't fin the .ds1... Well, after I told it to run.
Before I told it to run, it even posted it's dt1 mask, level preset ID, etc. So it obviously knows what map it is...

Hopefully with these details it will help solve the problem?
Thanks a lot, I can't really work on my mod any more until I get this to work...

Sir Xavius
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Sir Xavius » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:50 pm

Either provide a screenshot of the message you're getting, or type word-for-word what the error message says.

Return to “Tools”