Mass .dc6 conversion

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

TehFisharmahn

Mass .dc6 conversion

Post by TehFisharmahn » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:17 pm

Helloes

I downloaded hundreds of graphics from the site, most of them are .dc6, but there are some (many epic ones), which are .bmp only. And by "some" I mean exactly 1091. Converting them with DC6Maker or DC6 Creator is kinda problematic (one at a time, too much clicking), so I searched for something more global. I found one program, CellConv, but, for some reason, it doesn't work at all. All it does is convert the test.bmp file it had with itself and some pretty random .pcxs (it converted only 17 of 1091, not too much). When I converted everything to .pcx, CellConv wouldn't work either. So, is there anything I'm doing wrong? Or is there any program, that can help me?

Thanks in advance!
"Answers fishing is kinda tough to make the living from."
~Me

I am making a mod, but won't post anything about it here until I have some playable beta as I know myself too much to give any hopes :D

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: Mass .dc6 conversion

Post by Necrolis » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:19 am

define "doesn't work"? is there an error etc? also you might want to try dc6con, you can get it from the filecenter.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

TehFisharmahn

Post by TehFisharmahn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:30 am

As I checked, the dc6con isn't too global. I can't download it ATM, so I can only base on the comments I found under the download link.

Anyhow, about the "doesn't work".

CellConv says to get all the files I want to convert to it's folder and then open it - it will convert all the .pcx into dc6 (and bmps to dc6 too, so it says). All it does is convert the "test.bmp" and ignore the rest. I tried some options but to no avail. It simply says "0 .pcx and 1 .bmp converted to .dc6" despite 1000 files in the folder.
~Me

I am making a mod, but won't post anything about it here until I have some playable beta as I know myself too much to give any hopes :D

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:27 pm

try dragging all the files onto the CellConv executable; and I'm not sure what you mean by dc6con not being "too global", both the download link for Dc6Con and its GUI manager work for me:
https://d2mods.info/filecenter/dload.ph ... ile_id=119 & https://d2mods.info/filecenter/dload.ph ... ile_id=120
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer

TehFisharmahn

Post by TehFisharmahn » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Well, actually, your program is kinda great. Much better than all those I found. Very thanks, sir! :D
~Me

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:21 am

TehFisharmahn" wrote:Well, actually, your program is kinda great. Much better than all those I found. Very thanks, sir! :D
not my program in any way, but next time you have these problems, I suggest you look through what is available in the filecenter.

Return to “Tools”