UDie Too Error Message: Itemstatcost.txt save bits does not

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

thesideroadstory

UDie Too Error Message: Itemstatcost.txt save bits does not

Post by thesideroadstory » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:32 am

I keep getting the error message: "Itemstatcost.txt save bits does not match Properties.txt Line 1 - ID Bitesize 7"

After I click "Okay" It fails to respond, loading bar comes up, and then crashes. I cannot even get into the program.

Things I've tried:
1. Delete UDie Too and reinstall
2. Delete Median XL Reinstall it, reinstall UDie Too
3. Uninstall Diablo completely, install Median XL, Install UDie Too.
4. Copying all the files from UDie Too folder and paste them directly into my diablo file location folder
5. I pasted the character saves directly in both the UDie Too folder and diablo file location / directory
6. I've deleted my character and created a new one in Median XL

I have run out of ideas on how to fix the problem. Also I've noticed no matter how many times i reinstall diablo there is no Save Folder or any type of folder showing my single player character save files. Its confusing. I can search in my start up menu but i don't understand why the file isn't in my directory/Diablo File Location. Copying and pasting the save file into my directory didn't help either.

Information: Running Diablo version 1.14b / Microsoft Windows 8 /

Email me with your solution @thesideroadstory@yahoo.com or reply here. Im more likely to see the email. Thank you guys. Hmu asap please. I'm interested in trying a few things as far as editing my Median XL Ult. Character to test potential builds. Thank you.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: UDie Too Error Message: Itemstatcost.txt save bits does

Post by devurandom » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:52 am

I could be wrong here, but....

It seems UdieToo is something people should stay away from if they don't have the full mod source txt files. This is something that many serious mods will not give you. In these cases ... I've ran into instances where it was corrupting items in character files. Not sure if its a version related issue or WTF??

Once Again... this is an empirical observation.. I could be wrong.

I use Hero Editor 1.04 for my needs. I don't use it for character editing.. only to export items to file, or import saved items, but this program has its own quirks.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Return to “Tools”