[Request] Update Hero Editor or UDIE

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

PillarsOfGarendall
France

[Request] Update Hero Editor or UDIE

Post by PillarsOfGarendall » Wed May 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Hello, as the title say all, it would be very usefull if the person that coded those software could update them, UDIE is excellent for reading the .txt file and hero editor is great for his simplicity, however there are some glitch (using big stash) like you place the item in the bottom of the grid and somehow after the save the item isn't here,no idea.

The lack of Hero Editor (not reading) .txt is damn problematic as it is pain in the ass when you have "new item/item type" same goes for "new unique" they look like sh** base item with "unknown" in hero editor while in-game it will look good. (trick is to set the new item to instant drop and export as .d2i) Yet it's annoying as it would be much better if it was simply reading our .txt mod :(

Sadly i don't think the author is still here or in the mood of coding, very sad that this software died like that as it was the best for his simplicity and features...

Ps: I imagine blizzard having a perfect c# nice UI editor that they doesn't share Oh man...
Searching D2Game.dll.pdb of version 1.13c and all the DLL's .pdb if you are an ex blizzard programmer throw me a pm !
Valentin aka Nightshades.

Return to “Tools”