D2SE Modmanager, the final solution for Modmanagement

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Re: D2SE Modmanager, the final solution for Modmanagement

Post by prodigypm » Sun May 05, 2013 3:22 pm

seltsamuel" wrote:Hi,

maybe i now sound a little bit picky .. but i wont support the modification of mods. When the modmaker not decided to add a plugy.ini and most times the additional screengfx he had his reasons. Plugy is enabled for all mods that supported them directly from the modder. Beside of this its not really hard to include it (if it not clashes with modifications the modder did!).

The Black Parade is sadly bugged and Shex knows this but lost his files. I encountered the Crashes myself with some chars .. some play fine.. cant do anything. The only thing i can do is remove the download but some people seem to play fine so i let it there.

Greetings

Seltsamuel
1 . Black Parade is not finished - For me it doesnt deserved to be called a full mod .
2 . Its massively bugged , entirely bugged . And god damn easy to play
3 . Its a very good modification to diablo but thats not the point , since the modder is lazy or RL is an issue
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Well most of Modders are gone as it seems,and I play the Packrat always(IE I pick up almost everything that drops),and would like to be able to stash all that s**t...I noticed one more Mod for 1.10 that comes without PlugY,for me only one page of Stash in a mod full with ingredients of all sorts is a downer...So if you would be kind to maybe give me some instructions on how would I be able to install PlugY in only those Mods that come without it I would be a very happy gamer,If you are concerned that I will upload those Mods in which I added PlugY don't be,I just wanna be able to enjoy them to their fullest...PM or here with instructions,but maybe it would be better to post those instructions here if somebody like me comes along who would only like to be able to stash stuff infinitely...

Sad about Black Parade,read a lot of interesting stuff about it...but I can't even get past the first two loading screens without a Error,let alone make a Char...Oh what the heck there are still some 20-30 mods waiting for me now...

Edit: Faith Mod crashes to desktop once you activate the Cairn Stones and the Portal to Tristram opens...is this fixable???and how if it is???
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

vanko

Post by vanko » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi
I have a strange problem with d2se. I do everything as the tutorial and when I try to start a mod (tried with zyel4.4, zyel4.3 and kingdom of tenai) I get this error message:
Dll error!
Cannot find suitable D2Game.dll
Make sure you have the right D2Coreplugin installed for D2 Version 1.09d
Or place this dll insite Mod/Language_xxx or Modfolder
This Error is critical exiting now!!!
What shall I do ?
PS: Excuse my english I am foreigner :)

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi,

are you sure that you had no currupt download or modified files?
Another thing may be dll relocation that happens in newer windows versions .. especially older mods have a problem with this as they patch absulute adresses, the only thing you can do in this case .. restart your windows entirely until it runs .. this will last until you start windows again .. its a random shuffle ^^

PS:Information for all .. at the moment i continue work on the new D2SE Version after several months of development hold because of several RL issues. You can expect updates on this soon.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

vanko

Post by vanko » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Hello
I am with win 7 professional 32 bit.
I download the files from the first page of this topic. I will try to download them again. I will try by restating :D
PS: 10x for the reply.
PS2: Is there a way to fix this relocations by editing the mod files ?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:46 pm

vanko" wrote:Hello
I am with win 7 professional 32 bit.
I download the files from the first page of this topic. I will try to download them again. I will try by restating :D
PS: 10x for the reply.
PS2: Is there a way to fix this relocations by editing the mod files ?
You can't

it's part of operation system and only way to avoid this, is code with this in mind.

fibero

Post by fibero » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:24 am

@Seltsamuel

I have problems with some mods as le royaume des ombres.

The game crash wjth the 5 minutes autosave of d2s file which become too large, greater then 8k I think, (character has too many items).
This happend, but not only, when the save occurs when a big inventory is open as a merchant or shared stash ; I get the feeling that the program try to save also the other open inventory which is no sense.

Have you an idea to solve that boring problem ?

Soryy for my English I am french.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:59 pm

fibero" wrote:@Seltsamuel

I have problems with some mods as le royaume des ombres.

The game crash wjth the 5 minutes autosave of d2s file which become too large, greater then 8k I think, (character has too many items).
This happend, but not only, when the save occurs when a big inventory is open as a merchant or shared stash ; I get the feeling that the program try to save also the other open inventory which is no sense.

Have you an idea to solve that boring problem ?

Soryy for my English I am french.
it requires to rewrite the savehandler code.

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi,

sounds like kingpin is right .. not really a problem of D2SE but you should report the problem to the modmaker as hes still active modding.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

asticot

Post by asticot » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:37 am

hello,

sorry for my english, i'm a french guy huhu.

anyway, my problem :

i 've installed D2RE, no problem with all mod I use (nezer and royaume des ombres) but when I wanna play in vanilla mod 1.13c i wanna use d2multires for change the resolution and not use the the basing resolution. but when i copy the d2multires in the folder MODS or in the first folder of diablo 2 install or in the folder CORE/1.13c, D2multires crash diablo 2 when i launch the game via D2SE vanilla 1.13c.

for precision when i do that :
[GENERAL]
ActivePlugin=2
ActiveLogFile=0
DllToLoad=PlugY.dll
DllToLoad2=D2MultiRes.dll
ActiveCommands=0
ActiveCheckMemory=1

diablo 2 crash when i launche it.

Have you any idea ?

thank you

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:04 am

Hi,

multires was never compatible with d2se .. thats why i skipped integrating it as the creator isnt around anymore. For 1.10f you can use dav92 plugin for d2mod.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

asticot

Post by asticot » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:12 am

ok thank you

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:33 am

D2MultiRes actually does work with D2SE, it worked just fine when I tried it myself.

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:02 am

Hi,

would you tell us the version you used and what you did to include it? Does it work with PlugY ?
The time i wanted to include it it produced only crashes earlyer or later and i had not the time to debug other peoples code.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:59 pm

Obviously 1.12a since D2MultiRes is a 1.12a mod. I did use PlugY (I actually was loading D2MultiRes.dll through PlugY.ini). As for what I included, I only added all files that come with D2MultiRes into my 1.12a core folder. Doesn't need to be in the core folder though, one could set up a separated mod folder for D2MultiRes alone, whatever.

One thing to note here, D2MultiRes does not work with glide video mode. Trying to launch D2SE in glide mode while using the mod will lead to a crash of course.

MernCyborgDK

Post by MernCyborgDK » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:31 pm

Hello
First of all, I´ve been arround since The verry first of Diablo with my 56 k flec dial up modem, yeh that rocks.

had my laptop here for rep needed a fan from only place in da world i could get it , China yes took em 5 month to send it .

so forgot my real user here also cus im kinda old ;)'

Ive been playing d2se mods since they started and have a nice collection of them still here on my laptop,
this warmth my heart to get back here and see that GOD is still working .

this is the kinda god gamers only need in their life.

oh well time for the meds and coffee and oh yar gonna do some runs of d2 .

keep well and functioning out there we nee stabile gamers to survive.

Borg
Denmark

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:10 am

Hey guys I have small problem.
Can I use D2SE with D2mod system? I was trying to use 4th skill tab plugin and don't know how to make D2mod system use my d2se mod folder.
Thanks

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:44 am

jetaman" wrote:Hey guys I have small problem.
Can I use D2SE with D2mod system? I was trying to use 4th skill tab plugin and don't know how to make D2mod system use my d2se mod folder.
Thanks
All you need to do, is put D2mod.dll, ini, and all other related plugins inside your D2SE mod folder, and change D2SE_Setup.ini _> ModUseD2Mod=1
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:41 am

Thanks Balck_Eternity for pointing this out. It works now!

tomtom93

Post by tomtom93 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:55 pm

Hello everyone

Well done for this package

I have a trouble with d2SE: when I run any mod even the classic vanilla to d2, the program directly closes and nothing happens.

I have instaled diablo II with DAEMON tools (cd1 + CD2 + LOD) I checked that all necessary files are present in the installation folder, Clean Install Files + Last version d2LOD V1.13C & D2SE.exe

INTEL CORE i5 x64 win_8.1
HD graphics card

Thank you in advance,
Best regards 8-O

CelestialVariable

Post by CelestialVariable » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:48 am

Hi.

How to install "Median XL Ultimative XVc" mod downloaded from moddb into the MODS folder of D2SE ?

tahghost

Post by tahghost » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:36 pm

nice topic
can the mod list be updated pls :P
i would love to have the perfect drop mod and valhalla mod in there because i cant get it to work without this little programe

Dapaba
Forum Regular
Angel
Canada

Post by Dapaba » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:45 am

Hi. Love D2SE but have a question about the Eastern Sun plugin. Last time I played ES it had a gamble filter in it so you could narrow the choices of what spawned when gambling. The D2SE ES plugin seems to be missing that. I have tried to insert the gamble filter from the latest ES patch into the D2SE ES mod folder but it doesn't work. Is there anyway to get it working?
Kato on the Zy-El Welcome page: 'This Mod's not a cakewalk. So, I don't want to hear any whining about how tough it is! If you want an easier game, go back to "vanilla" LOD or play some other Mod.'

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:07 am

Hi Dap,

afaik there's a few things that don't work with D2SE most notably the skillpoints-after quests. Correct me if I'm wrong but afaik you only gain 1/1/2 rather than 2/2/4.
The Gamble filter isn't too important for me as I generally prefer chits, but I can only imagine that also the "ES preferences" like map renewal, ES graphics for auras etc. don't work with D2SE.
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:42 am

I just realized that I never officially released "my" D2SE plugins for Back to Hellfire but just posted them here an there in the PK. Here they are:

D2SE_BackToHellfire_1.02_with_Win7_Fix
D2SE_BackToHellfire_1.02_with_Win7_Fix_and_Xpack_1.00

No actual work was done by me. I just combined the work of other people into working D2SE plugins. All credits go to:
Onyx for BTH
Volf for the Win7 Fix (fullscreen + sound, tcp/ip crashes and other fixes)
Ogodei for creating his Diablo 1 Item and Monster Packs
leekun for bundeling Ogodei's work into his BTH Xpack

Additionally I created two D2SE plugins for D2MultiRes for 1.12a and 1.13c (which work fine, except for the ASLR problems which can be fixed by restarting your PC until it works). Those can be played as they are or be used as a base for other plugins:

D2SE_D2MultiRes_1.12a
D2SE_D2MultiRes_1.13c

Again. No actual work was done by me. All credits go to
Sluggy for D2MultiRes for 1.12a
JayTee for his 1.13c port

Return to “Tools”