D2SE Modmanager, the final solution for Modmanagement

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

seltsamuel

D2SE Modmanager, the final solution for Modmanagement

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:58 pm

WIP please bear with me during im porting my content over into this topic ... Documentation is hughe and it may take some time to port all over to the Keep.

IMPORTANT Preamble! Despite the possibilities you have with D2SE Modmanager i have to say that you have to obeye the ToS here inside PK which do not allow to talk about anything realm releated, its simply the wrong place here and i ask you politely to not cross the border here because im glad onyx allowed me to be here. All documentation and information belonging into this section is ripped off and public questions that are not ToS compliant will not get answered and infact may or should i say will lead into a Bann. Please obeye the rules, i do this too. When you see something i forgot please contact me immediately so i can remove it. Now lets relax and join into the fun ;-)
DIRECTORY
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D2SE Disclaimer/Copyright/Credits/Redistribution -> here <-

D2SE Modmanager what is it? (about) -> here <-

D2SE Modmanager Installation/Deinstallation -> here <-

D2SE Modplugin Installation/Deinstalation -> here <-

D2SE Modplugins Download -> here <-

D2SE Modmanager FAQ -> here <- look here FIRST when you have Problems.. they might already been solved!!

D2SE Modmanager documentation for Modder -> here <-

D2SE Modmanager for Modder Modplugin Guide -> here <-

D2SE Pluginsuggestions/Signups for Modder -> here <-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by seltsamuel on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 11 times in total.

seltsamuel

Re: D2SE Modmanager, the final solution for Modmanagement

DISCLAIMER
D2SE Modmanager is a part of the D2SE Modsystem copyright 2008 by Seltsamuel.

The Modsystem is for Diablo II and its expansion Lord of Destruction Copyright by Blizzard Entertainment.
D2SE Modmanager contains only UNMODIFIED dlls and patchfiles from LOD that are freely downloadable at many places with permission of Blizzard. I do not claim any copyrights for them because its property of Blizzard Entertainment.

The Modmanager interface graphics are copyright by SamusAran.
The Copyright of the included Glidewrapper is by Sven Labusch (Kaligula) for more informations read the included readme files.
The Copyright of the included PlugY10 is by Yohann Nicolas for more informations read the includede readme files.

This program is free software. I (Seltsamuel) grant permission to use, linkto and redistribute the ORIGINAL and UNMODIFIED Installer and its complete documentation inside this board without further notification according to the following TERMS:
  • You MUST own a valid license of Diablo II and LOD. I do not support any piracy.
    if you dont have the original you are not allowed to use D2SE and have to delete it immediately!
  • You are not allowed to do ANY modifications of the D2SE Modmanager, its freeware but this means not that it has no copyright.
    The purpose of the Modmanager is to give ONE similar platform to all modders and players - spreading modified versions and forks is against this spirit. If you want to enhance it or have ideas to improve it get in contact with me, D2SE in all parts is under continuing development.
  • You are not allowed to charge ANY money for D2SE Modmanager.
  • This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This software is provided "AS IS", and you, its user, assume all risks when using it.
I tried to keep it free and simple for you, so i hope nobody forces me to make it more restrictive ;-)

Seltsamuel
Last edited by seltsamuel on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

seltsamuel

D2SE - what's that?
D2SE generally is an own modsystem which was originally developped by myself for my Mod. I saw many advantages for all player and modder, so I decided to reconfigure the whole system in a way that every Diablo2 Mod can benefit from.

D2SE consists of two main components:
1. The Modmanager, which is interesting for player as well as for modder
2. The Code Modsystem which is mainly meant to be used by modder

This part mostly is about the Modmanager, which is released. The Codesystem will follow when it will be finished. I divided this instruction to get a better overview for player and modder. Firstly the features which are interesting for both sides:

The D2SE Modmanager allows you to use the Diablo2 versions 1.07 1.08 1.09b 1.09d 1.10f 1.11b 1.12a 1.13c AND nearly every Mod which is based on one of these D2 versions in parallel. The D2 versions are already included in the basic installation of D2SE (from now on called "CORES") and therefore are a guaranteed clean and identical bases for all mods and player. The mods are NOT included and have to be installed seperately. This will be explained in the appropriate topic where the downloads are. There wont be ANY copied or changed files while switching between a mod or D2 version. Also, the mods don't have to bring ANY unmodified files - just the basically modded ones, which makes a distribution simple and way more smaller. No more unnecessary files in your mod - you can concentrate on the basics now.
D2SE supports the following Modsystems: PlugY 10.0 (Cores 1.09b-1.13c), d2mod.dll (Core 1.10f only!), nefex.dll (Core 1.11b only!), D2Extra.dll (Cores it was created for) and - for sure - the D2SE Codesystem plus the D2SEUtility.dll (all supported Cores!) which will be released before the Codesystem. D2SE allows you to load modified D2 .dll's directly from the modfolder. All .dll's which do not exist in this folder will be loaded from the clean core folder of the specific version - fully automated. Additionally, Plugy can be enabled or disabled individually (for each mod which allows it) at the graphical user interface of D2SE via checkbox.

D2SE gives an own "save" folder to each mod and Core for all savefiles which are located IN the mod/Core folder. This also applies to the Plugy shared stash and all logs and screenshots. A clear slogan: Everything which belongs to a mod is IN the specific mod folder - nowhere else!

D2SE defends all D2 Cores and mods from DEP (Data Execution Prevention) and fixes issues with the AERO Windowsinterface of Win7 and Vista (counting numbers in one edge of the screen). So AERO can stay turned on! The -NS Crash of Vanilla is fixed too for all supportet Cores/Mods and as a bonus, the ability to start multiple instances of Diablo2 to be able to mule in SP/MP is allowed. You just have to start D2SE.exe another time - as often as you want!

D2SE does NOT need a CD in your drive (applies to every mod and version) and informs you about problems with your installation (red/green CD symbol) by clicking on the CD symbol.

The choice between mods and core versions at the graphical user interface (GUI) is very comfortable. There you can make your settings, which are REMEMBERED by D2SE seperately and INDIVIDUALLY for each mod and core version. D2SE also REMEMBERS the mod/core version which you chose the last time, so you can simply press your "ENTER" key or click the "Start Plugin" button when you opened D2SE to run the mod/core version you ran at last - with the specific settings you made. If you want to start a mod quick, without changing your settings, simply doubleclick the banner of the mod you want to play. The D2Vidtst and the Glide-init are selectable directly so you can configure the graphic settings. You can adjust all important settings DIRECTLY. V2.2.0 added a shortcut to your unmodified game.exe too, so you just can start D2 for BNet by clicking Start D2.

D2SE offers free adjustable buttons to every mod. Those CAN link to "Readme" "About" "Homepage" "Forum" and "Configure Mod". In addition, every mod can load up to 3 own .mpq files (which you can name by yourself) and with a higher priority than patch_d2. you can even deactivate loading patch_d2.mpq - more details in the instructions for modders.

A new feature of V2.2.0 is the Language/Option selector where you can offer the player to choose between up to 20 different supportet languages.. or can abuse it to make up to 20 different Versions of a mod that the player can select from.

You just have to keep this in mind:
- If you want to play all vanilla versions or mods in SP/MP (TCP) mode -> start D2SE.exe and use "Start Plugin"
- If you want to play legal and unmodified in the official Battle.net -> start the usual Game.exe or start D2SE and use "Start D2".
You can update your D2 installation at anytime, even if D2SE does NOT know and therefore does not support the newest patch. This neither disturbs D2SE, nor any of the mods you can start via D2SE. D2SE makes its mods completely independent of Blizzard's Patchmania and allows you secure playing in the Battle.net despite you can play mods.

Now I will go on to a detailed install guide in the next post.
Modder and those who are interested in technical stuff also can jump directly to the instruction for modder.
Last edited by seltsamuel on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:59 pm

D2SE Modmanager Installation
As a player, you don't have to know much about how it works. Simply -> Download D2SE_V2.2.0.exe <-
And follow this simple instructions to set it up!

1. Start the setup by doubleclicking the downloaded file.
2. You can quit the welcome-screen by clicking "Next".
3. Now you will be asked for the original path of your D2 installation. (The mainfolder with the Game.exe and the big .mpq files!) The installer should automatically show the right path, because he reads it out of the registry. If the shown path is not the right one you have to choose it manually via the "Browse" button. You can confirm the path by clicking on the "Next" button. NOTE! You must install D2SE into the TRUE D2 folder, not a copy of it! On Installation D2 sets its path inside the Registry of Windows!!!

4. At this point, you will be asked for a name of the folder for your shortcut in the startmenu. You can use the default, create something different, or click the checkbox so that no shortcut in your startmenu will be created. You can accept your settings with a "Next" as always.
5. Here it is possible to create shortcuts on your desktop or in the quick launch menu. You can accept your settings by clicking on "Next" again.
6. This is an overview of the settings you made. You can accept them by clicking on "Install" or edit them by clicking on the "Back" button, which is present in every screen.

7. As soon as the installation bar is finished, you will see this screen, which informs you about the successful installation. In addition, you can let the checkbox checked, which will start D2SE right after you closed the installation by clicking on "Finish".

Congratulations! The D2SE Modmanager is now ready for action. All supported D2 versions should be ready to play now.

From now on Modmodules which are compatible with D2SE I will call "Modplugins". If you want to run a mod with D2SE by yourself you should read the instructions for modder in the next post. It is really really easy to create an own D2SE Modplugin and only requires to configure one single file: The D2SE_SETUP.ini ... but you can read it yourself in the next post if this interests you. If it doesn't, I wish you a lot of fun playing this huge amount of D2 versions and already available Modplugins with D2SE.

Here is a permanently growing list of mods that you can play with D2SE (Modplugins)

Here is explained how to install or delete a plugin.

D2SE Modmanager Deinstallation
It's pretty easy. Simply open the Windows Softwaremanager and uninstall the D2SE Modmanager. Note that the Glidewrapper and Plugy won't be uninstalled then, because they may be of use later. If you want to remove them anyways, you have to delete them manually. Simply take a look at the file directory at the bottom of this post.

It may be that the D2SE directory incl. CORE folder will not be deleted by the uninstallation. This means that you have one or several savefiles in your SAVE folders of the CORE folders.
Backup them if you wanna keep them, or delete the whole D2SE folder manually.

Once you installed at least one mod, the MODS folder will stay too. The SAVE folder probably won't be uninstalled as well. Generally you can uninstall any mod by deleting the specific mod directory in the MODS folder, its really simple like this.

D2SE Modmanager Filestructure
Here I made a short overview for the interested ones about the installed files and folders, their meanings and the filestructure beyond, so that you know what the installer actually did. MYD2 stands for the own D2 directory in this overview. In my case, this was D:\Diablo II.
  • MYD2\D2SE\ <- This is the D2SE systemfolder. It contains all important maincomponents. Generally it is imperative to: KEEP AWAY!!.
  • MYD2\D2SE\CORES\ <- The clean D2 versions with all their .dll and patch_d2.mpq files are located here. Each version has its own folder and every single folder contains a SAVE directory for the savefiles. (in case of someone plays a vanilla version) Except from the the save folder you should: KEEP AWAY!
  • MYD2\D2SE\CUSTOMMPQ\ <- A folder that enables you to override the default D2 .mpq with own ones. Best example is to put the ENG speechfiles here so it fits the most english Mods.
  • MYD2\D2SE\UTEMP\ <- This folder is used by the Autoupdater to download and extract files from the internet. KEEP AWAY!!
  • MYD2\D2SE\X_optional_X\ <- This folder is interesting because some optional files which you maybe want to use are located there. At the moment, there are only some .mpq files called "Stubfiles". These are .mpq files which are almost empty and which you can use to overwrite the original .mpq's in the D2 mainfolder. (which are named the same) Well you have to abstain from music and videos then, but you are saving several hundred MB of your diskspace.
  • MYD2\D2SE\7zr.exe <- This file belongs to 7zip, a file packer / unpacker. It is used by the autoupdater to unzip the updates. KEEP AWAY!
  • MYD2\D2SE\Standard_Realm.reg <- If you ever have problems while quitting D2SE and the original D2 realmgateways were not restored, you can reset it to default via doubleclicking this .reg file. This shouldnt be ever necessary.
  • MYD2\MODS\ <- This folder is empty after the installation. HERE you can extract your modplugins - each mod in its own folder. This is the place where modders can let off steam.
  • MYD2\PlugY\ <- This is the basic installation of Plugy 10.0 - here also applies: KEEP AWAY! All mods which use Plugy share these files. The modified Plugy files have to be IN the single modfolders, DON'T MODIFY ANYTHING!!! See Yohanns Plugy 10.0 for further informations, I wont go into detail here.
The following 6 files are the ONLY ones, which D2SE installs directly into the D2 folder. No original files will be overwritten and the original installation stays untouched. None of the D2SE modplugins modifies anything outside of the own pluginfolder - this is the basic requirement of all D2SE modplugins!!!
  • MYD2\D2SE.exe <- This is the D2SE mainprogramm. To use D2SE simply start this exe.
  • MYD2\D2SE.ini <- This is the D2SE ini file. D2SE remembers which mod was played lastly here.
  • MYD2\glide3x.dll <- The mainfile of the Glidewrapper by Sven Labusch.
  • MYD2\glide-init.exe <- The tool to be able to configure the glidewrapper. D2SE lets you configure the glidewrapper straight from the GUI.
  • MYD2\glide-liesmich.txt <- documentation of the glidewrappers in german.
  • MYD2\glide-readme.txt <- documentation of the glidewrappers in english.
Last edited by seltsamuel on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 10 times in total.

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:59 pm

D2SE Modmanager for Modder

WIP work in progress!!!
Last edited by seltsamuel on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:06 pm

D2SE Modmanager for Modder Modplugin Guide
Last edited by seltsamuel on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:14 pm

FAQ + Known Problems
WIP
Last edited by seltsamuel on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Installation of D2SE Modplugins
This are the instructions how to install or remove D2SE Modplugins. Modplugins are mods that are distributed in a uniform way so that they are easy playable using D2SE. Modplugins do not change your basic D2 installation, so you can play on official BNet without worries (starting the usual game.exe or press "Play D2" button). Another important thing to know is, that with D2SE every modplugin has its own SAVE folder INSIDE the plugins folder for your savegames. Logs and Screenshots are saved there too. Modplugins do NOT use the usual SAVE folder inside your D2 folder. Installing the modplugins is easy - you just have to to extract the files into the MODS folder of your D2 installation (which was created by D2SE on its installation), thats it. After extracting the modplugins there will be an own folder for each mod inside of the MODS folder.

1. The best start is to verify if the MODS folder inside your D2 folder really exists. If not please install D2SE Modmanager. HERE.
2. Navigate on your workplace to the folder where you downloaded the Modplugin, the filename should end with _sfx.exe which indicates that it is a selfextracting 7-Zip file, so you need no special program to extract it. Execute it by doubleclick.
3. Select the destinationfolder by clicking on the Button with the 3 points on it.

4. Navigate to your D2-Installation and select the MODS folder inside your D2 Folder. Confirm this by clicking "OK".
5. Check again if the correct folder is chosen and click on "EXTRACT".
6. The installation will continue automatically - just wait till it's finished. When finished the window disappears.
7. Now you can check the MODS folder for the existence of the Pluginfolder you just installed.

8. The next time you launch D2SE Modmanager your Mod appears in the list and is ready for action.
Deinstallation of D2SE Modplugins
The deinstallation is as simple as it can be.. go into your MODS folder and delete the folder of the mod you want to deinstall. When you want to keep the savegames you should backup its SAVE folder.
Last edited by seltsamuel on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 10 times in total.

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:15 pm

D2SE Modplugins
Inside this post you will find a list of all Mods that i know to be D2SE compatible. Some are hosted by me/PK, others by the modder themself; some linked directly, others linked into its downloadsection. All Mods have one thing similar, the way they are installed. Simply download the mods you want to play and follow the detailed instructions HERE.

WIP there are already nearly 50 Mods available as plugins.. please be patient until most of them got added here!

D2SE_Nezeramontias_1.09new_sfx.exe (Update 03.05.2011 12:19)
Modtitle: Nezeramontias Language: english
Size: 74MB Download, 85MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Nezeramontias Core: 1.10f
NOTE: Possible Candidate for ASLR Problems under Vista SP2-Win7

D2SE_Zy-El_4.3_sfx.exe (Release 03.05.2011 03:41)
Modtitle: Zy-El Language: english
Size: 101MB Download, 103MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Zy-El 4.3 Core: 1.09d

D2SE_Zy-El_4.4c_sfx.exe (Release 28.03.2010 17:00)
Modtitle: Zy-El Language: english
Size: 122MB Download, 135MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Zy-El Core: 1.09d
NOTE: 4.4c Crashes on exit of game, this comes from the Mod and does no harm, it has nothing to do with D2SE. This Mod is likely to error out or Crash on Vista/SP2-Win7 ... when one of the modded .dll get relocated .. this is random! Another note is that it needs LONG time to startup on machines with too less ram as its cube recipes are gigantic!

D2SE_TheFuryWithin_1.02_sfx.exe (Release 10.05.2010 1:53)
Modtitle: The Fury Within Language: english
Size: 20,8MB Download, 22,6MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Fury Within Core: 1.09d

D2SE_KingdomOfTenai_1.13a_sfx.exe (Release 03.05.2011 19:25)
Modtitle: Kingdom of Tenai Language: english
Size: 97.5MB Download, 99,6MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: KingdomOfTenai Core: 1.10f

D2SE_MedianXL_Omega_002PK_sfx.exe (Update 26.06.2011 16:25)
Modtitle: MedianXL defaultlanguage/Standardsprache: english/englisch
Size: 135MB Download, 135MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: MedianXL Core: 1.13c

D2SE_Median2008_1.57_sfx.exe (Release 28.04.2011 01:57)
Modtitle: Median 2008 Language: english
Size: 34MB Download, 35MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Median2008 Core: 1.11b

D2SE_Median2007_1.31_sfx.exe (Release 28.04.2011 01:55)
Modtitle: Median 2007 Language: english
Size: 8.83MB Download, 8.94MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Median2007 Core: 1.11b

D2SE_Hell_On_Earth_2.9_sfx.exe (Updated 05.04.2010 19:10)
Modtitle: Hell on Earth Language: english
Size: 4,15MB Download, 4,78MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Hell on Earth Core: 1.09d

D2SE_MiddleEarth_1.92_sfx.exe (Release 03.05.2011 02:39)
Modtitle: Middle Earth Language: english
Size: 3.6MB Download, 4.5MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: MiddleEarth Core: 1.10f

D2SE_Hades Underworld_2.9_sfx.exe (Release 03.05.2011 15:01)
Modtitle: Hades Underworld Language: english
Size: 212MB Download, 376MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Hades Underworld Core: 1.10f

D2SE_Prime Evil_1.0_sfx.exe (Release 03.05.2011 15:20)
Modtitle: Prime Evil Language: english
Size: 3.42MB Download, 5.07MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: PrimeEvil Core: 1.11b

D2SE_Myth_1.5fix_sfx.exe (Updated 03.05.2011 02:36)
Modtitle: Mythl Language: english
Size: 225MB Download, 232MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Myth Core: 1.13c

D2SE_RequiemofSorrow_6.08_sfx.exe (Updated 05.05.2011 13:03)
Modtitle: Requiem of Sorrow Language: english
Size: 70.9MB Download, 86MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: RequiemofSorrow Core: 1.10f

D2SE_Ancestral Recall_1.10_sfx.exe (Release 28.04.2011 01:53)
Modtitle: Ancestral Recall Language: english
Size: 35,6.9MB Download, 35,6MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Ancestral Recall Core: 1.10f

D2SE_THoC_Beta8.1_sfx.exe (Release 01.05.2011 15:23)
Modtitle: The Hordes of Chaos Language/Sprache: english/englisch
Size: 160MB Download, 167MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: THoC Core: 1.10f

D2SE_DoggyMod_0.11b4_sfx.exe (Release 07.04.2010 13:00)
Modtitle: Doggy Mod Language: english
Size: 46,5MB Download, 53,4MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: DoggyMod 0.11b4 Core: 1.10f

D2SE_Rebirthe_0.051_sfx.exe (Release 10.05.2010 1:53)
Modtitle: Rebirthe Language: english
Size: 21,9MB Download, 45,4MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Rebirthe Core: 1.10f

D2SE_Aragor_4.0_sfx.exe (Release 10.05.2010 1:53)
Modtitle: Aragor 4.0 : Angelus Language: english
Size: 51,9MB Download, 64,9MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Aragor Core: 1.10f

D2SE_Blackened_Beta3.5fix_sfx.exe (Release 01.05.2011 16:36)
Modtitle: Blackened Language: english
Size: 37MB Download, 50MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Blackened Core: 1.10f

D2SE_Viva X-Files_1.08e_sfx.exe (Update 16.07.2011 14:50)
Modtitle: Viva X-Files Language: english+german
Size: 18.8MB Download, 34,9MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Viva X-Files v108 Core: 1.13c

D2SE_Pagan Heart_0.995b_sfx.exe (Release 29.06.2011 10:51)
Modtitle: Pagan Heart Language: english
Size: 184MB Download, 239MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: pagan heart Core: 1.10f

D2SE_Johnnys Mod_1.57_sfx.exe (Updated 29.06.2011 13:21)
Modtitle: Johnnys Mod Language: english
Size: 21,9MB Download, 32,4MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Johnnys Mod 1.57 Core: 1.09b

D2SE_Johnnys Mod_1.16b_sfx.exe (Release 29.06.2011 10:51)
Modtitle: Johnnys Mod Language: english+german
Size: 169MB Download, 208MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Johnnys Mod 1.16 Core: 1.10f

D2SE_Johnnys Mod_1.21_sfx.exe (Updated 29.06.2011 13:21)
Size: 101MB Download, 132MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Johnnys Mod 1.21 Core: 1.10f

D2SE_Johnnys Mod_1.22_sfx.exe (Updated 29.06.2011 13:21)
Size: 102MB Download, 130MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Johnnys Mod 1.22 Core: 1.10f

D2SE_YGBKM_1.0_sfx.exe (Released 01.07.2011 21:30)
Modtitle: You Gotta Be Kiddin Me Language: english
Size: 20,5MB Download, 20,5MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: YGBKM Core: 1.11b

D2SE_Legacy_of_the_Horadrim_1.6a_sfx.exe (Released 01.07.2011 21:30)
Modtitle: Legacy of the Horadrim Language: english
Size: 1,39MB Download, 20,7MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Legacy of the Horadrim Core: 1.10f

D2SE_Zenith_Affliction_1.0_sfx.exe (Released 01.07.2011 21:40)
Modtitle: Zenith Affliction Language: english
Size: 85,4MB Download, 122MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Zenith_Affliction Core: 1.11b

D2SE_Immersion_1.05b104_sfx.exe (Updated 03.07.2011 15:50)
Modtitle: Immersion Language: english
Size: 55MB Download, 68MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Immersion Core: 1.10f

D2SE_Emc2_1.1_sfx.exe (Updated 03.07.2011 15:30)
Modtitle: Emc2 Language: english
Size: 118MB Download, 141MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Emc2 Core: 1.13c

D2SE_Emc2 XMas Edition_1.0_sfx.exe (Added 03.07.2011 15:30)
Modtitle: Emc2 Xmas Edition Language: english
Size: 126MB Download, 151MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Emc2_XMas Core: 1.13c

D2SE_TheBlackParade_1.0_sfx.exe (Updated 03.07.2011 15:30)
Modtitle: The Black Parade Language: english
Size: 166MB Download, 190MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: TheBlackParade Core: 1.10f

D2SE_Darkness Weaves_2_sfx.exe (Released 03.07.2011 15:40)
Modtitle: Darkness Weaves Language: english
Size: 3,61MB Download, 12,9MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: DWX2 Core: 1.09d

D2SE_BaldursGate_1.6_sfx.exe (Released 03.07.2011 15:40)
Modtitle: Baldur's Gate Language: english
Size: 7,19MB Download, 21MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: BaldursGate Core: 1.09b

D2SE_Cryptforge_3a_sfx.exe (Released 03.07.2011 15:50)
Modtitle: Cryptforge Language: english
Size: 85,3MB Download, 197MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Cryptforge Core: 1.09d

D2SE_Faith_2.00_sfx.exe (Released 03.07.2011 15:50)
Modtitle: Faith Language: english+german
Size: 7,58MB Download, 11,2MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Faith Core: 1.09d

D2SE_Lament_of_Innocence_1.06a_sfx.exe (Released 03.07.2011 16:00)
Modtitle: Lament of Innocence Language: english
Size: 64,1MB Download, 108MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: Lament_of_Innocence Core: 1.10f

D2SE_BFE_1.51_sfx.exe (Released 16.07.2011 15:00)
Modtitle: Battle for Elements Language: english
Size: 107MB Download, 140MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: BFE Core: 1.10f

D2SE special plugins for Mod development
D2SE_MyMod_1.0.0_sfx.exe (Release 08.05.2011 12:02)
Modtitle: Modding beginners Plugin Language: english+german
Size: 856KB Download, 4,51MB on Harddrive
Modfolder: MyMod Core: 1.10f-1.13c (edit it in D2SE_SETUP.ini txt are 1.13c fixed ones)
Last edited by seltsamuel on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 27 times in total.

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:12 pm

D2SE Pluginsuggestions/Signups for Modder
when you are a MODDER and have a serious Mod, or when i released YOUR mod as a D2SE Plugin and you want to take over the further development of it or want me to stop it, or when you aren't a Modder but know about a DEAD mod without development which is too cool to die, THEN post into this Topic. Tell me who you are and what is your concern so we can get in contact.

If you want me to add the Mod to the list of supportet ones, try to make a plugin according the D2SE Documentation for Modder. When you have problems with this write me a PM so i can help you. When you did this, give me the plugin so i can verify its 100% working and wellconfigured. AFTER i tested it i will add the Mod to the list in one of 2 Ways that YOU decide.

1. I will add it to our Mainmirror Pulseone or the PK Filecenter and link directly to the download so actively doing the hosting for you.

2. I will link to YOUR download directly or to YOUR Downloadpage indirectly so you are responsible for the Plugin and that it conforms to the rules of a plugin for D2SE.

IMPORTANT for the PK Mirror of D2SE is that there are not all Plugins conforming to the ToS of PK and as such are not here but only available on my mainsite. I and in last instance onyx will decide which plugins will be available here too and which not.

In all cases im a busy person with enough own projects, so don't expect from me that im available 24/7 and be sure there will be many people wanting things from me all at the same time. Give me the time to help you all.

Seltsamuel

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:40 pm

EDIT: Updated D2SE_Viva X-Files_1.08e_sfx.exe (Update 16.07.2011 14:50)
EDIT: Added D2SE_BFE_1.51_sfx.exe (Released 16.07.2011 15:00)

Maliciant

Post by Maliciant » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:15 am

This is an awesome utility. I'd been itching to play some zyel but it's just a pain to get the right version of diablo 2 installed, this'll let me play around in some of the mods that never updated to the current game patch (which these days is practically every one of them). Also, love the fact that nezermontius is getting top billing here, it's my all time favorite mod.

Edit to add: Installation was a piece of cake, the modmanager you can just click next until it finishes and the result should be fine... it'd be nice if the mod installation used the same style installer as the manager itself, just so it could pre-fill the download location, though it's pretty easy as is. It seems like a small difference to package a 7zip self extracting exe vs using an nsis (assuming that is what the main installer uses) script to do the same (just the trouble of setting up the first installer, then it's just copy it and change the file -r ModDirectory command). The downside is of course, it probably takes hours to upload some of those huge mod files.

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:17 am

Hi,
thx that you like it.
The Modmanager itself uses INNO Setup a really great Install builder that is free.
the 7zip selfextractor has no function buildin to present a Directory from the registry.. anyway i made installation guides for both of em step by step with pictures .. leaving nothing out to miss. I assume this as bulletproof.. when its read ^^.

Yes Modupload is sometimes a little pain as the biggest ones are about 700MB but with fast DSL its a thing of 40-50 minutes and no one hastes me to do .. important is only to get them all .. not when.

I hope the next weeks i have enough time to continue Documentation for Modder with good explanations and something like guides for the most important things. Building own Modplugins is a piece of cake when you know how.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:57 pm

You should allow the user to configure where the modplugins go, seeing as some of us already have a mods folder in their d2 directory (with mods that clash with the plugin mods)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:54 pm

Hi,

thats not possible... but even when they will have a mods folder already this doesnt matter as INSIDE this MODS folder will be another folder with the real mod what should clash there?

Because of the comming autoupdater and installer i need the pathes i have. Incase of collisions the user should move the data to another place.. i for myself never heared of any such case.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Its easily possible(hint: SetCurrentDirectory). I have clashes cause I have special builds of certain mods i've used to do testing of plugins etc for(BFE), and blackened of course... Anyways, guess i'll just have to avoid all my overlapping plugins
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Jimmy311

Post by Jimmy311 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:54 am

This is awesome. I always hated bouncing to and from LoD and Median. However any game that I open is so laggy / jumpy that it is unplayable. Is there a fix for this?

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:12 am

That is on your end, its most likely not a client side issue.

Jimmy311

Post by Jimmy311 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:05 am

XiresNar" wrote:That is on your end, its most likely not a client side issue.
I was playing with no lag whatsoever, downloaded this with major lag, uninstalled it and played with no lag whatsoever, and redownloaded it with major lag. Something tells me it isn't on my end.

This is such a cool mod. I really hope that I can figure this out.

timmermac
Paladin
United States of America

Post by timmermac » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:14 am

Depending on your computer's specs, you may want to switch to D3D mode instead of Glide. D2SE seems to have all plugins set to use Glide by default, and it doesn't work as well as D3D does - at least on my POS built-into-the-motherboard video chip.
I'd like to apologize in advance for anything that I may say or do that could be construed as offensive as I slowly go NUTS. - Colonel O'Neill

I'm telling you, Teal'c. If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna' lose it.
"Lose it. " It means, "Go crazy. " "Nuts. " "Insane. " "Bonzo. " "No longer in possession of one's faculties. " "Three fries short of a Happy Meal. " "Wacko. "

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi,

yes when hitting performance problems you can switch to D3D/DDraw.. but first i suggest that you try to update the driver of your Graphiccard to the newest one that the manufacturer of the card offers.. microsoft defaultdriver simply suck with openGL.

Playing with the glide-init configuration often helps too..

Greetings

Seltsamuel

PS: i hope all broken pulseone links are now exchanged to a new mirror that i own myself.

GhOsT_DeStRoYeR

Post by GhOsT_DeStRoYeR » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:46 am

Hi,
I've been trying to get Sir_Generals rune mod working (the dll edit version). I can only assume that he has edited his game.exe file as it is included in the mod zip installer.

Would a change to the game.exe file prevent it working with this mod loader?

I am begining to think that seltsamuel has written D2SE to take the place of game.exe... that he loads all the dlls, and start the game off like that...

If it could work through this loader it would be great!!
So far I have only been able to get V3 working (the last MPQ edit) This doesn't have the elements in it and it makes me sad :(

But apart from that - I LOVE THIS APPLICATION!!!

I finally throw out all the .bat files I was using to copy files here there and everywhere!

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi,

you are right.. D2SE is a total replacement of game.exe
Sadly i was not able to get Runemod running .. beside of some modifications inside the startup code the code itself is not ASLR compatible and would make problems with all windows versions since Vista SP2 and up ..

Greetings

Seltsamuel

GhOsT_DeStRoYeR

Post by GhOsT_DeStRoYeR » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:39 am

Firstly I'd like to say - WOW!
Re-writing game.exe from scratch - awesome!
How long did it take... When I first started looking round the D2SE I was rather impressed with the extent the interface went to to load the different mods... But with the understanding that its a full blown loader!! damn...

I'm not sure that the Runemod being ASLR incompatible would have much of an impact on Vista & up. I'm not saying it doesn't, you may be right (and probably are), but I've been under the impression, since I first heard about the Vista implementation, that it could be turned off when an app doesn't support it, again may be wrong... Its been ages since I spent any time doing anything else but Java & COM...

But on to the more important issues... as I really want to get it working with your app so that people can once again enjoy one of (IMO) the best mods created... As the .exe is modified, and you use your own game.exe, I was thinking about writing a wrapper DLL (that D2SE could load) to replace the Runemod .exe. Simply NOPing out the parts that I don't want to run - they already exist in Game.exe, and calling the modified code in the correct sequence/at the correct times...

Firstly - would it work? if it wont then it really just ends here, and I got back to .bat files (I used to change the registry path for my save files, and have the large MPQ's in one folder)

Secondly - If I could get some technical information off you -
What do I need to know to make it compatible (or more compatible) with your application?
Should I pull in Sir_Generals' DLLs in using the wrapper, or is there a way to get D2SE to load them in the order that is required?

You seem to have been able to put a lot of different mods into D2SE, so its a rather robust loading mechanism... But what would be your preferred way, the way that D2SE is written for "naturally"?

Any help would be appreciated!

Drac0
Retired staff
Angel
Australia

Post by Drac0 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:05 am

Must say this is awesome seltsamuel. I've been running everything from v1.05 of D2C up to the latest LoD using scripts but this is MUCH simpler & saves me a lot of space (though I still need to run D2C with scripts, but can't have everything).

My only question is in regards to using PlugY with it. Your posts suggest v10.0 support but when I enable PlugY through the interface it only shows as v9.0. Is there a way to change this so I can use the latest version?

Other than that, I've found it simple to setup for using/testing various mods, my own & others so thanks for the effort.

Cheers

Return to “Tools”