looking for beta testers

Information and updates for the d2:elements mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Char

No votes

Total votes: 0

4ever~|link
Paladin

Re: looking for beta testers

Post by 4ever~|link » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:31 pm

im willing to take up the role of the daggermancer, heh. i already have a daggermancer built on realms that holds his own.

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:43 pm

The two characters that I like best are Necro and Druid. I also like pally and barb.... just so long as the barb has frenzy and ww.
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:09 pm

link: first come, first served ;). yeah you can take the daggermancer (which got seriously improved). btw, nice new avatar.

its just that some builds seem to be very unpopular, especially daggermancer, paladins, asassins (especially trapasassins....), lance amazons and some more. its never a problem to get someone for playing a bow-amazon or a barbarian.

i want to wait a bit though, hope that jeff puts a note into the next update of the PK mainpage...

pmpch
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pmpch » Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:43 pm

[quote=Char";p="119476"]its just that some builds seem to be very unpopular, especially daggermancer, paladins, asassins (especially trapasassins....), lance amazons and some more. its never a problem to get someone for playing a bow-amazon or a barbarian.[/quote]

Well, alot of ppl like area-of-effect kind of spell/skills (hence sorc/amazones are very popular), and in most cases they are the most effective area cleaners ones aswell. I haven't played that many mods, but balance seems to be very difficult, as usually 50% of the chars are one of the 3-4 builds, mostly ama/sorc/barb. If there are just one or two little advantages to a build, they will be found very quickly and there goes your whole balance :mrgreen:
Last edited by pmpch on Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bedevere: Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the RABBIT, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!
King Arthur: Who leaps out?

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:03 pm

forget that smiley, thats not funny.

thats the reason why i need beta testing ;). i am currently weakening all the area-effect skills so that it will be quite difficult to get high area-effect damage, while it will be quite easy to get high damage against single targets (100 fire bolt damage vs 17 nova damage or so). the area-effect skills will be practically unuseable against single targets just because their damage is too low.

Althalus

Post by Althalus » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:20 pm

are bowmancers improved? if so id love to be one :D
edit: i can be a trapasassin if you want to... :D
btw, i have msn if you need to ask me something: h4mst0r@hotmail.com
Last edited by Althalus on Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:34 pm

i have no msn nor will i ever have.

uhmm... bowmancers are no real necromancer type, since there are no bow skills. i ever wondered why anyone would use a bow on a necromancer.... but assuming that skills in general have less +%damage, bowmancers should logically rise in effectiveness. but i dont really consider it a necromancer type.
what bow would you use on a bowmancer? if its a burizamancer, forget it, there will not be such an overpowered unique like buriza anymore :).

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:16 am

I've heard that most bowmancers use demon machine. Ne, I never liked sorcs or zons. They just aren't very fun for me. I like to run up the guy and pound the stuffins' out of 'em. Except I think necros are fun because they are challenging.

Also, it seems that most people that play necro think amplify damage lowers ALL enemy resists, so maybe you should put a warning on it that states that for bonepear etc. you should use lower resist instead. I'm thinking of even doing that.
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

Althalus

Post by Althalus » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:23 am

just as rattlecage said, a bowmancer uses demon machine with a ber rune so they get alot crushing blow, ok heres the build: max bone prison, some on amplify damage, bone armor, and some on synergies for bone prison, then they should use the Demon Machine, socket it with a ber rune... and for cowing, have the skull collector as a 2nd weapon for corpse explosion...the crushing blow works almost like static field :) so you should have gloves with crushing blow etc... and some poison charms, and guillames face gives some crushing blow, and use the lionheart armor, it gives some more damage...since they arent that powerful demon machines... razortail for piercing attack... the rings doesnt really matter...nor the amulet.
but i dont know if this build would be useful in your mod :)
like i said, i can be a trap-assassin :D
Last edited by Althalus on Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:07 am

uhmm...
sounds ... weird. dont know if it would work either, but maybe it would. but why use crushing blow when you can get yourself a true static field thanks to oskill in one of the sets? :)
there is no demon machine, but i got to dig and see what demon machine does.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:16 pm

Actually, a lot of bowmancers and bowbarbs use cuckoo slacker. This is because Demon Machine is rarer than Burro, so people will usually find the latter first and ignore all DMs that drop afterwards. And then when one wants to start a bow[sorc/barb/nec/hunter], one usually has a Kuko [rlvl33 pre-Buriza powerhouse] and no Demon Machine.

It's also faster than Demon Machine, to apply more crushing blows per unit of time. :D
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Carnac

Post by Carnac » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:04 pm

i know people playing bowmancers/bow sorcs in closed bnet hc, but you need good equipment, at least for a bowsorc ;)

ShadowLord
Paladin

Post by ShadowLord » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:18 pm

I'd love to play a Pala. My first D2 Char was a Pala who is now Lev 97 and still alive in 1.09 8)
There is no hope. There is no salvation. This is Hell's Revenge.

chicken99999999

Post by chicken99999999 » Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:42 am

I would like 2 beta test because this mod sounds really fun.

PS: I might not be able 2 beta test 24/7 becouse i have school. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

chicken99999999

Post by chicken99999999 » Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:47 am

Sorry Forgot 2 say this ill play a sorcereres because i think noone else is and ilike them.
Last edited by chicken99999999 on Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

chicken99999999

Post by chicken99999999 » Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:55 am

Ofcourse ill only be a sorcereres if im accepted.

PS: Iv been up for 4 days straight thats why iv corrected myself so many times.
Last edited by chicken99999999 on Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:21 am

Please use the edit button instead of posting several message in a row. This could consider as spamming and violates ToS.

TCovenant

Post by TCovenant » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:31 pm

Hey, your mod looks very intresting, doesn't look like anyone's posting saying they'll test the sorc, i like playing sorc, paladin, and druid(shapechanger).. be willing to do any sort of build in any of those classes...

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:24 pm

vonhundengebissen: your post has been recognized, but i have split your post away for a new thread about the skillsystem (have to test my new powers ;).

yeah you are in. i will soon update the first post to put all the ones that are in in it.

pmpch
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pmpch » Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:09 am

pmch <--- what is that??
beta: I would do elemental/hybrid druid, if that is still available.

Tnx
Bedevere: Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the RABBIT, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:09 pm

:oops: oops... sorry. corrected.

what exactly do you understand as "hybrid druid" ?

pmpch
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pmpch » Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:02 pm

Hybrid = Elemental Caster/Melee Fighter, in one.

It all depends on diversity of the elemental skill tree. Having random immunities in the game, I'll most likely need 3 or 4 of the six types of attack (fire/cold/ltng/pois/phy/mag).

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:17 pm

remeber you always have a hireling and there are elemental weapons (for a melee fighter and physical damage ranged fighters).

Lord of the shadows
Suspended - Please Contact Myhrginoc
Knight

Post by Lord of the shadows » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:16 am

If i could test it i would play as anyone you want me to play as.
AHHHHHHH...fresh meat!
-Butcher

What do you want?
To see a mod making site?Then go to my site. http://www.freewebs.com/darkhell/ (changed,now http://www.freewebs.com/burningfire
To go back to phrozen keep? http://d2mods.xfernet.com
Or fresh meat?Visit local butcher.

Ssergit
Champion of the Light
Location: Running around outside of Lut Gholein, sqashing scorpions

Post by Ssergit » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:04 pm

Hey, I've been reading up on your mod, and it looks to be very awesome! I would love to help out by beta testing, if you still need people. I'm a huge Sorc-lover, but I see you have a couple of claims on her already... I also favor the Amazon :), who I see hasn't been claimed yet :D

No hard feelings if you're done picking testers, I'm sure I'll get to play it when it comes out anyway ;)
Dough, the stuff that buys my beer
Ray, the guy who buys my beer
Me, the guy who drinks my beer
Far = a long way to the john
So, I'll have another beer
La--I'll have another beer
Tea? No thanks, I'm drinking beer...
-Homer Simpson

Return to “d2:elements”