runes / gems

Information and updates for the d2:elements mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Char

Char
Retired staff
Principality

runes / gems

Post by Char » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:14 pm

I have recently redone all runes and gems.

there are 46 runes now in the mod, and they all drop more often. I also already added some new runewords.
You can find some information about the new runes here, but forget the selling prices, they have changed again already.

Gems are now general-purpose socketable items, that means that they enhance the most important character stats when socketed into items (damage and attack rating of weapons, mana, life, strength, dexterity, defense, and so on in armors, blockspeed, blockrate and resistances in shields).
Gems cannot be upgraded in my mod and perfect gems are quite rare. furthermore, they need higher levels.
Gems will also be ingredients for cube recipes.

pmpch
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: runes / gems

Post by pmpch » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:39 pm

I already had major trouble finding mods for 33 runes, and you have 46... can't wait to seem em. 8-O
Bedevere: Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the RABBIT, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!
King Arthur: Who leaps out?

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Re: runes / gems

Post by Char » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:03 pm

aeh well, if you had read the web page....
d2:elements website" wrote:Every Rune has two versions now (except for Cham and Zod rune, they don't have a lowlevel verison). The highlevel version does the same, but with higher values. For example, the Shael rune has 12% increased attack speed in weapons, while the Sher rune (highlevel version) grants 20% IAS.

this means that there are effectively only 24 different mods on runes, and you have to see that some mods of those couldn't exist without d2:elements. for example, the Tal rune now enhances the fire damage of weapons of the element fire by 12%.

Return to “d2:elements”