Item Level Requirements

Information and updates for the d2:elements mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Char

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Item Level Requirements

Post by Char » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:04 pm

the calculation of item level requirements has changed. before, the highest level requirement counted as the final one. now, level requirements somehow "stack", meaning the more enchantments an item has, the higher the level requirement will be.

here are a few screenies to show what i mean:

Screen1
Screen2
Screen3
Screen4

be careful though. socketing runes into items can increase the level requirement tremendously because of this. general rule here: the lower the base item level and the higher the rune level, the more will the level requirement be increased.
if a ZOD was socketed into the short sword in the last screenie, the level requirement would surpass 90 i think.

pmpch
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Item Level Requirements

Post by pmpch » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:13 pm

[quote=pmpch";p="158317"]Just a note on how 'levelreq' is applied. Let's say you have:

item A (2 sockets)
- socketed with B
- socketed with C
- and +N levelreq was added through the cube

The final lvlreq will be max(A.lvlreq, B.lvlreq, C.lvlreq) + N[/quote]

That's how I think it works atleast ;)
Bedevere: Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the RABBIT, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!
King Arthur: Who leaps out?

Return to “d2:elements”