Umm.. "Little" problem..

Information and updates for the d2:elements mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Char

spektras

Umm.. "Little" problem..

Post by spektras » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:14 pm

How to install the mod? I don't know what is Plugy...
I didn't found any notes how to launch the mod. I have downloaded d2elements.zip from your site.

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:45 pm

Obviously you downloaded the beta version :). This is basically not such a good idea, since it is a very old version of the mod... There is a new, final verison coming up this week (probably on friday), which will then be much easier to install hopefully. I suggest you wait for that one.
I will remove that beta link from the website and put up a note....

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Re: Umm.. "Little" problem..

Post by TheFallenAngel » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:41 pm

question about plugy in your version - why is the shared stash button disabled? so that my chars can't change the items between eachother ...
or did i something wrong with the installation? but every other feature seems to work correctly ...

... he became a corrupt shadow of his former self -
a fallen angel, trusted neither by heaven nor hell ...

Malifrax
Champion of the Light

Post by Malifrax » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:34 pm

I actually like it disabled, and I assume Char has it this way for gameplay enhancement reasons. It makes things a lot more challenging when you have to struggle to find equipment, and also produces some interesting scenarios, especially in character progression/building. Not being guaranteed an item you found earlier with another character may make you reconsider what type of skills you'll be using while playing, leading to investment in skills you may not have planned for with twinked characters. It also helps prevent the min/maxing habit that so many tend to have, which I assume Char doesn't like, as the skill system in this mod seems to be geared towards use of multiple skills rather than a select few.
You talk to the arena master.
"Ye have won more fights than anybody else."
"Nobody is betting against ye any longer and we believe, that ye art invincible."
"Sorry, no more fights."

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:50 am

Malifrax is quite right there, I do not like the shared stash very much :). It should be possible to build a character without the help of stuff from other characters.
However, if you really need the shared stash, you can open your PlugY.ini file and enable it (set ActiveSharedStash=1). You can also enable the unassignment of skill and stat points, but thats something I really dislike and I consider it cheating :). However... Your choice.

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:53 pm

thx so far, shared plugy stash for all chars is now working :cool:

next little problem - if i put money in the stash it will not be saved from game to game - any ideas why not?
Last edited by TheFallenAngel on Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

... he became a corrupt shadow of his former self -
a fallen angel, trusted neither by heaven nor hell ...

Malifrax
Champion of the Light

Post by Malifrax » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:47 am

I have the problem with gold disappearing from the stash as well, but I'm not sure what exactly causes it. I just noticed the problem today when I loaded up my hardcore barbarian and he had 0 gold. :(

//Edits//
I installed an up-to-date version of PlugY in case that was the issue, but gold still ended up not being saved. So, I'm assuming it's either a problem with the beta version of Utility.dll or a txt file problem. Also, gold on the character seems to be saved correctly, just not gold in the stash.

I found two other issues not related to this thread:
  • There are duplicate entries for MercMod and CustomTbl in d2elements.ini. These may or may not cause conflicts since they do have different values for the INI entries, depending on how the data is read by D2Mod.
  • ScrollItem.dll is referred to in d2elements.ini, but is not included in the d2elements distribution. I assume there are some items that utilize this plugin, which may not work or even cause crashes as a result.
Last edited by Malifrax on Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Nobody is betting against ye any longer and we believe, that ye art invincible."
"Sorry, no more fights."

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:11 am

strange. did you try to disable plugy and see wether the gold is saved correctly then?

hmmm.... i see the problem. for some really strange reason, itemstatcost.txt has CSvBits = 1 for goldbank, which is not what it should be. I have no idea where this comes from :(.
The problem is that most likely, if I correct it, characters need to be re-started. Which is VERY bad.

EDIT: YAY, it does NOT corrupt the characters :). So it will be corrected in 1.01, and then you can put all your gold into the stash without any problems :).

About the .ini: I will correct those two issues. However, there are no items in d2:elements that use the scrollitem.dll, so this will not cause problems.

EDIT: removed bad language from the post :P
Last edited by Char on Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Malifrax
Champion of the Light

Post by Malifrax » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:08 pm

Excellent news, I look forward to the update. :)
"Sorry, no more fights."

cosma_sebastian
Paladin

Post by cosma_sebastian » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:41 am

A little problem.......See the pic below:
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... led9go.jpg
What that skill do? :(
Another: what is ITH? I see it everywhere, in armor, at skills, potion etc.
Sebi C

" Always two there are....no more...no less. A master and an apprentice."
-- Yoda

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:56 am

if you are seeing ITH everywhere, you do not have the mod installed properly...I ran into the same problem, just cant remember how I got past it now...

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:27 pm

The skill increases (passively) health regeneration.

If you see ITH somewhere, this means, as Malachai already pointed out, that you have not installed the mod correctly. Usually it means that the d2mod system is not running (usually not installed). Reinstall the d2mod system and see if that solves your problem :).

(If d2mod is not loaded, the new .tbl files cannot be accessed -> ITHs everywhere. Furthermore you do not get shared stash, and, very important, extra skill points per level-up.)

cosma_sebastian
Paladin

Post by cosma_sebastian » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:32 pm

D2Mod is intalled and the ITH thing is still appearing. I even did a reinstall on d2 elements.
Btw i did exactly what readme.doc said.
Last edited by cosma_sebastian on Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sebi C

-- Yoda

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:40 pm

I remember I had to add either -direct or -txt, will have to check when I get home, before the mod kicked off right for me....I think it was the -direct switch that did it....

Malachai

whiplash-84

Post by whiplash-84 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:59 pm

I had that happen to me too, and it drove me crazy because I read the install over and over. This is the part I messed up on, because its written on 2 lines and i missed the last part.

- change the "Target" of the shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Diablo2\Diablo II.exe" -mod d2elements

cosma_sebastian
Paladin

Post by cosma_sebastian » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:44 pm

whiplash-84";p="262862" wrote: - change the "Target" of the shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Diablo2\Diablo II.exe" -mod d2elements
Did that and the same problem.
Btw doing this way will not load the d2mod.It is written is readme. Or i misunderstud.
Sebi C

-- Yoda

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:57 am

the tag is -mod {mod directory}

So if you have d2elements in a subdirectory with a different name than d2elements, you need to put that name.

Malachai

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:04 pm

The -mod tag is not
-mod { mod directory }
but
-mod { mod ini file }
if I recall correctly. However, as both are called d2elements, it does not matter (you do not need to put d2elements.ini).

So the important thing is that the d2mod system is running correctly. For this to be possible, you need to
a) have the d2mod system installed
b) have the tag "-mod d2elements" added to your startup

Furthermore, you must not have enabled the "-direct" and "-txt" tags.

It is also important to be sure to have the directories set correctly, but if you have not, you immediately see that because you get the normal startup screen (and nothing is changed at all).

To be sure, you can look at the startup screen. Both the d2mod version and the PlugY version should be displayed there. If one or both are not displayed, you did something wrong.
Furthermore, you must be sure that no other mods or .dll modifications are installed, as these might do something that is not intended for d2elements, and you need to be sure that you have installed version 1.10 of D2:LoD.

If you still have the problem, please check if the d2mod system version is displayed on the starting screen (lower left or right edge), and tell me if it is.
Last edited by Char on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:40 pm

can ya tell how often I use d2mod? I knew something did not look right with that, thanks char! :)

cosma_sebastian
Paladin

Post by cosma_sebastian » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:54 pm

Good news. I manage to make it work. :D
My mistake was that i copyed the d2gfx.dll in d2elements folder and i patched there with d2modsetup.bat.
Now i pached the .dll from diablo 2 folder and now it works.
Thx for support. :)
Sebi C

-- Yoda

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:16 pm

no problem. good to hear that it worked for you :).

Return to “d2:elements”