Keep Update 01/30/04

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.
Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Keep Update 01/30/04

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:06 pm

Just for the novelty of it I thought I'd actually try and make the update on time considering we usually have too much stuff on our plate and end up posting a little later than the intended Friday. Sneaky huh? :)

Spanning The Great Divide
The new beta (v1.19) of mouse's "Escape From The Afterlife" is out and availale to download from the Official EftA Homepage located over at our incubator site Charsi's Forge. As you can see from the news update posted on CF, the EftA mod is also a brand spanking new addition to our collection of hosted sites :)

Fun With Sewage
Over at the Keep's map central Diabolic Cartography, Red Havoc's been busy completely rebuilding the second level of the sewers beneath Lut Gholein and with awesome results. Not only has he added water and canals to this subterranean level but a bit of searching can yield Elzix and his old bandit gang holed up in the sewers ready to sell their "acquired" wares for the right price :)

Can't Think Of Any "Good" Infinity Puns
We're switching things around a little bit over at the Infinitum site and even after receiving endless encouragement regarding the frequency of updates, we're having to tone things down a little due to other commitments. For now, Darque and I have settled on a weekly update on Wednesdays hopefully with around five new offerings each update. This week, check out a handful of animated GIFs I converted from Icewind Dale 2 consisting of the Treant, the Yeti, the Snow Troll, the Ice Troll and the Verbeeg.

Let's Play Musical Moderators
Now that the hosted stuff is out of the way, we've been having a few staffing changes over on the Phrozen Forums for various reasons. Congratulations go out to Onyx who is our newest Senior Moderator, Darque who is now co-moderator of our Multimedia forum, Volf who is co-moderator of our Map Editing forum and SVR who is co-moderator of our Tools forum.

Does The Grass HAVE To Be Green?
Ever wanted to edit those DT1 files to give an area a different look? Well Blackheart (with additions from map master Paul Siramy) has wriiten a brief tutorial how to do just that. Take a look for yourself by clicking here.

Not Feeling Very Resourceful?
To make life easier for all you budding modders out there, Char has kindly re-ordered the uniqueitems.txt file by itemtype. Grab yourself a copy from Fileplanet as usual.

Look Who's Tolkien
With the interest in the Lord of the Rings movies (and of course J.R.R. Tolkien's original trilogy) as a possible source for Diablo 2 mods and item packs as of late, I've put together a list of 50 noteworthy characters from the books and movies along with a brief description of each as a naming resource for modders. As of right now, it's still just a forum post which you can find here.

Seven Sharp Pointy Sticks
Rather than BS my way through things as usual, I'll let the creator of the Seven Lances mod explain:

Foxbat wrote: "In antcipiation of an upcoming special event, another small update has been released. This one should fix a few compatibility issues and tweak dragons a bit, plus make the mythical cow level easier to access."

Kingpin's kindly added both the standalone MPQ version and installer version of Seven Lances v1.23 to Fileplanet but if you're not a big fan of FP, you can download all the required files from the official Seven Lances website.

Zombified
Just to wrap things up for this week, check out the first release of this new mod by Zombieslayer which is cunningly named...ummm...Zombieslayer's mod. Version 1.0 has been added to Fileplanet and apparently has a way point to the cow level plus a bunch of other stuff you can read about at the the mod's homepage. Oh yeah, the download link might be useful to you too huh? ;)

Is it just me or do my updates get sloppier the further down you get?
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Return to “Keep Updates”