Keep Update 5/7/2004

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.
Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Keep Update 5/7/2004

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat May 08, 2004 5:14 am

April showers are behind us, so it is time for May ... D2 goodies! Here are a basket of blooming treats from our ever-productive community of demonic gardeners.

Infinite Madness

The latest crop of evildoers, for your modding pleasure, straight from the fiend forge at Infinitum.

- BG2 Slime (Blue) (GIFs) by reiyo_oki
- BG2 Slime (Green) (GIFs) by reiyo_oki
- BG2 Slime (Purple) (GIFs) by reiyo_oki
- BG2 Slime (Red) (GIFs) by reiyo_oki
- BG2 Slime (Yellow) (GIFs) by reiyo_oki
- IWD2 Female Drider (GIFs, DCCs & New Token) by Phrozen Heart & Sardius
- IWD2 Male Drider (GIFs & DCCs) by Phrozen Heart
- PS:T Cranium Rat (GIFs & DCCs) by Phrozen Heart
- BG2 Vampiric Mist (GIFs & DCCs) by Phrozen Heart
- BG2/IWD2 Snake (GIFs & DCCs) by Phrozen Heart
- PS:T Curst Guard (GIFs, DCCs & New Token) by Phrozen Heart, Vegabond_635 & mouse
- IWD2 Goblin Elite with Axe (GIFs & DCCS) by Phrozen Heart
- IWD2 Goblin Elite with Bow (GIFs & DCCS) by Phrozen Heart
- IWD2 Ghast (Animated GIF) by Phrozen Heart
- IWD2 Svirfneblin - Unarmed (GIFs & DCCS) by Phrozen Heart

From the Plugins Patch...

Yohann has raised the bar another notch with v2.00 of his astonishing superstash PlugY, The Survival Kit. Now you can get several of the most frequently requested DLL edits in one package: skill points per level, multiple games on a machine, and more stash pages available than you have drive space to contain!

We are blessed with several adept toolmakers, so the likes of you and I can make big changes with smaller effort. SVR is definitely in this select group, as his latest project shows. D2Mod.dll allows you to organize your mods and run their code changes without having to swap files in or out of your game directory.

MagicMatze has provided a collection of control panels to change your user interface. Currently only for 800x600 display, you can get it here.

Here Is The New Boss...

...more of the old boss! Hades releases v1.4 of the Hades Boss Mod, with more supervillains per square foot than before. Don't settle for one shot per game, bash your greatest foes again and again and again! Also more drops, new runewords and revamped gem powers.

Hex Wrench in your Toolkit

Most of the gadgets and widgets we feature are created by our own dedicated craftspeople. But we give the nod when a non-D2 tool fits the bill for modding. Hex editors are necessary when you want to change a bit of code but get green around the gills at hearing "some assembly required". A popular editor is Hex Workshop from Breakpoint Software, now up to v4.23.

It Comes In Sets

Hellfire has written a brief introduction to adding a new set in v1.10. Set editing can be intimidating if you are just starting out, but mainly because there are so many fields to fill in. Read about it here.

What are you waiting for??? Go forth and reap!!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

aceman_999

Re: Keep Update 5/7/2004

Post by aceman_999 » Sat May 08, 2004 3:09 pm

Very good news on the PlugY, I waited a while for that. Now if I can only get it to work with Escape from the Afterlife...
Here, think about this, why are there drive-up ATMs with brail on them?
(Remember blind people can't drive)

And in the words of Mr. Makey (Southpark Character) "MKAY"

Sundansyr

Re: Keep Update 5/7/2004

Post by Sundansyr » Mon May 10, 2004 12:32 pm

Plugy Download does not seem to be working (at least for me?) - the download initiates, gets to 9k (progress bar reaches about 1/4) and ends. The zip shows as 'corrupt'.

Help? 8-O

[Edit]
It seems the windows 'save as' was the culprit. My download manager (Flashget) was able to snag the file with no problems. :roll:

Go fig.
Last edited by Sundansyr on Mon May 10, 2004 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Keep Updates”